Noticia AC Cobra 2021: V8 440/580 cv, Serie 1 Electric, Edición 120 Aniversario

Tema en 'Foro General BMW' iniciado por cybermad, 1 Jul 2020.

1. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    2021 AC Cobra Limited Series Launched With Electric And ICE Options
    JULY 1, 2020
    [​IMG]

AC Cobra, is about to be return in a limited series, which will be offered with two powertrain options: fully electric and ICE (internal combustion engine).

Made by AC Cars and dubbed the Series 1 Electric, the zero-emission model will be limited to just 58 cars, a number chosen to celebrate 58 years since the first production AC Cobra came out.

It will look identical to the original AC Cobra and will be based on the same chassis, albeit adapted for the electric components. The 54 kWh battery pack, with a 6 kW charging capacity, will give it an estimated range of 150 miles (241 km). The motor produces 308 HP (312 PS / 230 kW) and 184 lb-ft (250 Nm) of torque, with a 369 lb-ft (500 Nm) peak – enough to allow it to sprint to 62 mph (100 km/h) in 6.7 seconds.

Watch Also: Nothing Puts A Bigger Smile On Your Face Than The Shelby Cobra

[​IMG]

Tipping the scales at under 2,755 lbs (1,250 kg), it will be available in four exterior colors: Electric Blue, Electric Black, Electric White and Electric Green. Local pricing will start at £138,000 ($170,100), excluding on-road charges, and deliveries will commence in the last quarter of the year.

The AC Cobra 140 Charter Edition, which was named in traditional AC style after the size of its gasoline engine in cubic inches, packs a 2.3-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine. Sourced from Ford, the EcoBoost lump that’s shared with the entry-level Mustang produces 345 HP (350 PS / 257 kW) and 325 lb-ft (440 Nm) and will give it a 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) sprint of approximately 6 seconds.

This model weighs around 2,425 lbs (1,100 kg) and will share most components with the BEV variant. It too will look like the original AC Cobra and will be offered with a wide range of colors. The launch version will be limited to 58 units

nebur, Gudus, Curro y otra persona les gusta esto.
  2. e1000iodh

e1000iodh Forista

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    325i E93
    Las cifras suenan muy bien: eléctrico de 300 cv, 1200 kg y 250 kms de autonomía... Todo genial.
    El problema va a ser cuando haya que sacar el talonario. Me temo que superará las 6 cifras, con la excusa de que es una edición especial y tal y tal

Edito, que no lo había leído del todo.... 170.000 dólares, más impuestos. Vale. Me lo temía y ha sido aún peor de lo que pensaba

Última edición: 1 Jul 2020
    A Gus, ObiWan y Curro les gusta esto.
  3. Curro

Curro Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 Coupe 2.8
    6.7 para los 100 es mucho, y más para un eléctrico.

A e1000iodh le gusta esto.
  4. *NANO*

*NANO* Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    LFA,MC12,F1
    Cobra eléctrico... :muro:

Fran68, Ibi-TDI, Chicharro y otra persona les gusta esto.
  5. ObiWan

ObiWan Dying alive Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club
    La electricidad, salvo para las fucking machines, no termino de verla.

6. Gus

Gus Tali-bahn Administrador Coordinador

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    i3/Z3/MiniE/X1
    Sumo "Cobra con menos de 8 cilindros..." :muro:

A Ibi-TDI, e1000iodh y *NANO* les gusta esto.
  7. BLUEBIRD

BLUEBIRD Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Pueden prenderles fuego a todas las unidades, que no quede ni una para museo.

A Ibi-TDI y Gus les gusta esto.
  8. *NANO*

*NANO* Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    LFA,MC12,F1
    Es que es extremadamente difícil encontrar un coche con el que case menos un motor eléctrico :muro:.

A dagart le gusta esto.
  9. pericocuestas

pericocuestas Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Incluye cd para reproducir el sonido del motor?

Un Cobra que no suena es cualquier cosa menos un Cobra....

A pUllastre, dagart y Gus les gusta esto.
  10. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    PRESS RELEASE

THE AC COBRA IS REBORN! ELECTRIFIED FOR THE FUTURE WITH STRONG PETROL POWER OPTION TO BUILD ON ITS HERITAGE

It is not often that a motoring icon is reborn and updated all at the same time. Yet the two new models in the 2020 AC Cobra range launched today come with sparkling engine options – an all new and purpose-designed full electric powertrain and a brand new, high performance four-cylinder petrol engine sourced from the latest Ford Mustang.

The engines are packaged in an instantly recognisable body – the only truly graceful sportscar with proven muscle car credentials: the AC Cobra!

AC Cobra Series 1 electric
    AC Cars (England) Ltd is launching a limited edition run of zero emission cars, the first ever electric cars to bear the AC marque. This model is called the "AC Cobra Series1 electric" and just 58 cars will be made. The 58 number is a celebration of the 58 years since the production of the first AC Cobra, one of the most iconic cars ever built which, when it was launched in 1962, featured a Ford engine which did so much to create the AC Cobra’s unique pedigree.

The car will look identical to the first AC Cobra that was made in 1962 but sound totally different – the first electrically powered AC!

The car will be totally based on the original AC Cobra. The first car will be in the spirit of the original cars and will have a similar ladder frame, adapted where necessary for the electric drive components, including batteries.

There are a number of upgrades for the electric car, including steering, brakes and so on – all designed to provide ultimate 2020 standards of ride and handling which do not compromise the1962 style and appeal of the gloriously identifiable bodywork. The body will be constructed of high-grade composite and the car will have a traditional AC Cobra interior.

Deliveries will start in the last quarter of 2020 and the Suggested Retail selling price will be £138,000 plus on the road charges.

The car will only be available in four colours a) AC electric blue b) AC electric black c) AC electric white (pictured here) d) AC electric green. More information will be available on the AC website, www.accars.eu, from July 1. The mechanical specifications are as follows:

Battery Capacity: 54 KWh
    Acceleration 0-62 mph: 6.7 seconds
    Torque: 500 Nm Peak/250 Nm Continuous
    Estimated Range: 150 miles
    Power: 230 kW
    Charging Capacity: 6 kW
    Weight: Under 1,250 kg

AC Cobra 140 Charter Edition
    This is basically similar in detail and identical in appearance to both the 1962 original AC Cobra and to the Series1 electric model described above.

Named in traditional AC style for the size of its petrol engine in cubic inches, the AC Cobra 140 Charter Edition has a 2.3 litre high-power engine of 350 bhp, as used in the latest Ford Mustang.

AC says that this new model is a tremendous car for the times, being a light traditional sports car and having a light engine of such high power as to provide a very traditional feel and driving appeal.

This car will share the handling and performance upgrades of the AC Cobra Series 1 electric. It will be available in a wider suite of colours.

There will be a launch version of 58 Charter Edition cars and deliveries will also start in the last quarter of 2020. The suggested retail price of the car will be £85,000. Again, more details will be available on the AC website from July 1.

Acceleration 0-62mph: About 6 seconds
    Torque : About 440Nm
    Power: Approx. 350 bhp
    Weight : Approx. 1,100 kg

Ownership and pedigree
    The fact that AC Cars is able to contemplate a fully thought-through rebirth at such a time of upheaval in the global auto industry is largely thanks to the strengths and perseverance of the UK’s longest surviving car brand, founded in 1901.

“Our long saga reflects the many challenges of making sports cars in low volumes in the modern world”, said Alan Lubinsky, Chief Executive of AC Cars. “But, over the years, our belief in the brand has been sustained by the loyalty and support of AC Cobra owners worldwide. Their faith has given us the motivation to keep on striving to give AC a future – and with these superb new products, engineered not just for today but for tomorrow, I am convinced we have given AC a bright future”.

“We have more exciting plans ahead but our focus for now is to get these 116 cars built, sold and out where they should be - on the open road”, he said.

AC has strengthened is management team with the appointment to its Board of its long-term legal adviser, Neil Baylis as a non-executive director. Mr Baylis, a Partner in the top London law firm of Mishcon de Reya LLP, said: “This a critical moment in the history of the UK’s oldest motor maker – AC. I am privileged to be on board at this challenging time for car makers, large and small.

11. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Última edición: 2 Jul 2020
  12. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As the official Concessionaire of AC Cars in the UK, Boss Motor Company are delighted to announce that orders are now being taken for new factory built AC COBRA 378 Superblower MkIV.
    This car is a genuine AC Cars Product and will come with a certificate of authenticity and a designated 'COB' chassis number on the correct 'AC Cars' Chassis Plate.

A very high specification includes:
    Original style 4inch round tube ladder frame chassis, 6.2 litre 580bhp Supercharged V8 Engine, 6 speed gearbox, Aluminum radiator and header tank with Electric Cooling Fan, High Performance - Servo Assisted Race Specification Calipers with Ventilated Disc Brake System, 3.45:1 Ratio - Limited Slip Differential, Front and Rear Multi-Link Suspension with Coil Over Shock Absorbers, Front and Rear Anti-roll bars, Pin Drive 8" x 16" Front - 10" x 16" Rear Wheels, Hand Crafted Interior Finished in Black Leather, Glovebox in Leather, Door Map Pockets, Deep Pile Carpets, Leather Covered Instrument Panel with AC Branded Instruments, 13" Motor Lite Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel, Heater/Defroster with Air Conditioning, Chrome Plated Over-ride Bumpers Front and Rear, Side Wind Wings and Sun Visors, Dual Chrome Plated Roll Bar - With the Optional Passenger Side Roll Bar, Full Weather Equipment Including; Hood, Frame, Tonneau Cover and Side Screens, bespoke colour options.

LIST PRICE - £129,500

Choice of colours available, Black leather is standard any other interior colour is a cost option.
    Painted Body Stripes are £1500 cost option.

- VIEWING STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY - PART EXCHANGE WELCOME- FINANCE AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR WEBSITE - RAC WARRANTY

A Chicharro le gusta esto.
  13. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    2020 AC COBRA 378 6.2 V8 440 bhp
    NEW TO ORDER MKIV

AC Cobra Additional Information
    As the official Concessionaire of AC Cars in the UK, Boss Motor Company are delighted to announce that orders are now being taken for new factory built AC COBRA 378 MkIV.
    This car is a genuine AC Cars Product and will come with a certificate of authenticity and a designated 'COB' chassis number on the correct 'AC Cars' Chassis Plate.
    Demo car now physical in stock.

A very high specification includes:
    Original style 4inch round tube ladder frame chassis, 6.2 litre 440bhp V8 Engine, 6 speed gearbox, Aluminum radiator and header tank with Electric Cooling Fan, High Performance - Servo Assisted Race Specification Calipers with Ventilated Disc Brake System, 3.45:1 Ratio - Limited Slip Differential, Front and Rear Multi-Link Suspension with Coil Over Shock Absorbers, Front and Rear Anti-roll bars, Pin Drive 8" x 16" Front - 10" x 16" Rear Wheels, Hand Crafted Interior Finished in Black Leather, Glovebox in Leather, Door Map Pockets, Deep Pile Carpets, Leather Covered Instrument Panel with AC Branded Instruments, 13" Motor Lite Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel, Heater/Defroster with Air Conditioning, Chrome Plated Over-ride Bumpers Front and Rear, Side Wind Wings and Sun Visors, Dual Chrome Plated Roll Bar - With the Optional Passenger Side Roll Bar, Full Weather Equipment Including; Hood, Frame, Tonneau Cover and Side Screens, bespoke colour options.
    LIST PRICE - £94950

Choice of colours available, Black leather is standard any other interior colour is a cost option.
    Painted Body Stripes are £1500 cost option.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Última edición: 2 Jul 2020
    A Miguel 24 le gusta esto.
  14. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
  15. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86

A Miguel 24 le gusta esto.
  16. Chicharro

Chicharro Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Me imagino que todas las unidades de motor térmico estarán vendidas, a ese precio y siendo ese clásico lo de meter un motor de roomba en ese hierro es como teñir el pelo de rosa a un cristo y ponerle pistolas.............

17. Chicharro

Chicharro Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    por cierto me encanta este coche macho.......es uno de mis favoritos

18. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    2020 AC Cobra Looks Like It Came Straight From the ‘60s

[​IMG]

This bad boy is just as powerful as it is elegant! The history of AC Cars begins as early as 1901 in London, United Kingdom, where it was founded by the Weller brothers. As such, they are among Great Britain’s oldest automotive manufacturers.

During the first few years, the company’s focus was on producing three-wheelers, with the 1904 Autocarrier being the most notable of their inventions to that date.

[​IMG]

Almost one decade later, AC Cars (named Auto Carriers Ltd. at that time) introduced the first of many four-wheeled vehicles to come, but production was soon paused due to the First World War. After the war has ended, the British manufacturer's automotive production flourished, only to then face bankruptcy and be sold to William Hurlock, as a result of the Great Depression during the ‘30s.

It’s quite clear that AC Cars has had its ups and downs over the years, but the iconic brand endured and lived to see better days. As of 1953, their AC Ace made its debut as one of the most advanced machines to ever be driven on public roads, as well as the racetrack. Between 1958 and 1961, the Ace had been extremely successful in several international racing championships, including Le Mans and Sebring.

[​IMG]

In 1961, they were approached by none other than the legendary Carroll Shelby, who had noticed the AC Ace’s outstanding performance and became interested in the possibility of equipping it with a 3.6-liter Windsor V8 powerplant from Ford. The firm accepted to modify the chassis for this new engine and shipped the prototype to Shelby upon completion.

[​IMG]

Soon after, Shelby’s team gave birth to the first production model of AC Cobra, the MkI. It was initially powered by a 4.3-liter Windsor V8, while later variants were provided with an even larger, 4.7-liter mill. MkII and MkIII models followed in the next few years and the car was marketed to the United States as Shelby Cobra, becoming one of the most iconic sports cars of the ‘60s.

The memorable Cobra is now making a return, with standard, electric and supercharged models. AC Cobra 378’s GM LS3 engine will deliver a solid 430 hp through a Tremec T56 six-speed manual transmission, while the 378 Superblower MkIV is powered by a 6.2-liter supercharged V8 that’ll happily produce up to 560 hp.

As you might have guessed, AC Cars went a lot further than simply equipping the new Cobras with modern engines. For example, the Superblower features servo-assisted ventilated brakes, electric cooling fans and a coilover suspension kit. Additionally, you will find an aluminum radiator, limited slip differential with a 3.45:1 ratio, front and rear anti-roll bars, all sitting on 8” (20.32 cm) x 16” (40.64 cm) front and 10” (25.4 cm) x 16” rear wheels.

Long story short, the company underwent painstaking efforts to recreate the beloved classics we all remember and simultaneously adapt them to modern standards in terms of performance, reliability and comfort. The result is a car that truly stands out in comparison to anything else we see on public roads today!

Pricing for AC Cobra 378 starts at £94,950 ($124,181 at current exchange rates), while its supercharged brother will cost you as much as £129,500 ($169,373). These opulent Cobras will be sold exclusively by Boss Motor Company, a dealership located a few miles north of London.

[​IMG]

A Gudus le gusta esto.
  19. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    2020 AC Cobra parece que vino directamente de los años 60

¡Este chico malo es tan poderoso como elegante! La historia de AC Cars comienza en 1901 en Londres, Reino Unido, donde fue fundada por los hermanos Weller. Como tal, se encuentran entre los fabricantes de automóviles más antiguos de Gran Bretaña.

Durante los primeros años, la empresa se centró en la producción de vehículos de tres ruedas, siendo el Autocarrier de 1904 el más notable de sus inventos hasta la fecha.

Casi una década después, AC Cars (llamada Auto Carriers Ltd. en ese momento) introdujo el primero de muchos vehículos de cuatro ruedas por venir, pero la producción pronto se detuvo debido a la Primera Guerra Mundial. Después de que terminó la guerra, la producción automotriz del fabricante británico floreció, solo para luego enfrentar la bancarrota y ser vendida a William Hurlock, como resultado de la Gran Depresión durante los años 30.

Está bastante claro que AC Cars ha tenido sus altibajos a lo largo de los años, pero la marca icónica resistió y vivió para ver días mejores. A partir de 1953, su AC Ace hizo su debut como una de las máquinas más avanzadas que jamás se haya conducido en la vía pública, así como en la pista de carreras. Entre 1958 y 1961, el Ace había tenido un gran éxito en varios campeonatos internacionales de carreras, incluidos Le Mans y Sebring.

En 1961, se les acercó nada menos que el legendario Carroll Shelby, quien había notado el desempeño sobresaliente del AC Ace y se interesó en la posibilidad de equiparlo con un motor Windsor V8 de 3.6 litros de Ford. La empresa aceptó modificar el chasis de este nuevo motor y envió el prototipo a Shelby al finalizar.

Poco después, el equipo de Shelby dio a luz al primer modelo de producción de AC Cobra, el MkI. Inicialmente fue propulsado por un Windsor V8 de 4.3 litros, mientras que las variantes posteriores contaron con un molino aún más grande de 4.7 litros. Los modelos MkII y MkIII siguieron en los próximos años y el automóvil se comercializó en los Estados Unidos como Shelby Cobra, convirtiéndose en uno de los autos deportivos más icónicos de los años 60.

El memorable Cobra ahora está regresando, con modelos estándar, eléctricos y sobrealimentados. El motor GM LS3 del AC Cobra 378 entregará 430 hp a través de una transmisión manual Tremec T56 de seis velocidades, mientras que el 378 Superblower MkIV está propulsado por un V8 sobrealimentado de 6.2 litros que felizmente producirá hasta 560 hp.

Como habrás adivinado, AC Cars fue mucho más allá de simplemente equipar los nuevos Cobras con motores modernos. Por ejemplo, el Superblower cuenta con frenos ventilados servoasistidos, ventiladores de enfriamiento eléctricos y un kit de suspensión coilover. Además, encontrará un radiador de aluminio, diferencial de deslizamiento limitado con una relación de 3.45: 1, barras estabilizadoras delanteras y traseras, todas colocadas en 8 ”(20.32 cm) x 16” (40.64 cm) al frente y 10 ”(25.4 cm) ) x ruedas traseras de 16 ”.

Para resumir, la compañía realizó un arduo esfuerzo para recrear los amados clásicos que todos recordamos y, al mismo tiempo, adaptarlos a los estándares modernos en términos de rendimiento, confiabilidad y comodidad. El resultado es un automóvil que realmente se destaca en comparación con cualquier otra cosa que vemos en la vía pública hoy en día.

El precio del AC Cobra 378 comienza en £ 94,950 ($ 124,181 al tipo de cambio actual), mientras que su hermano sobrealimentado le costará hasta £ 129,500 ($ 169,373). Estas opulentas Cobras serán vendidas exclusivamente por Boss Motor Company, un concesionario ubicado a unas pocas millas al norte de Londres.

20. CapitanZana

CapitanZana En Practicas

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    F31 318dA Sport
    josdeputa.... menuda preciosidad.

Salud.os

21. Miguel 24

Miguel 24 Forista

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    320d e91
    Qué preciosidad de coche, una verdadera obra de arte:love:

A Demo le gusta esto.
  22. Gudus

Gudus Forista Senior Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Greta approved
    No hay duda de que el coche es precioso, la pena es el no motor :(, sobre todo en este concepto de coche y con su historia.

edito: coñe, acabo de ver que hay V8

Última edición: 11 Ago 2020
  23. Miguel 24

Miguel 24 Forista

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    320d e91
    Creo haber leído algo de V8 de 378 a 560cv, una gozada para unos pocos privilegiados

A Gudus le gusta esto.
  24. Gudus

Gudus Forista Senior Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Greta approved
    Cierto, no lo había visto.

25. Demo

Demo Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    318i cabrio e36
    Yo no le haría ascos al V8.
    La estética es extraordinaria.

26. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PRESS RELEASE
    18 SEPTEMBER 2020

AC Cars today confirms the arrival in the UK of the first models in its eagerly awaited series of born-again AC Cobra iconic sports cars.

The news makes good the promise contained in its press release dated 1 July that the cars would come to Britain so power units could be installed by AC’s Derby-based technical partner Falcon Electric (https://falconelectric.co.uk/). Falcon is designing and fitting both the electric drivetrain and running gear for the electric model and also installing the Ford-sourced petrol engine for the Charter Edition model.

The AC Cobra Series 1 electric is a faithful recreation of the AC Cobra, but with a modern, emissions-free electric powertrain, and the AC Cobra 140 Charter Edition features the same 2.3-litre, high-power engine used by Ford in its latest Mustang model.

The two new cars are each being produced in two limited editions of 58 cars for sale in the UK. The number of cars is significant because it is 58 years since the creation of the world-famous AC Cobra model.

Speaking today, Alan Lubinsky, AC Cars CEO, said AC was delivering on its promises made earlier in 2020. “Bringing cars to market at the right time and to the required quality is difficult enough. Doing so in the teeth of the Covid crisis, not to mention Brexit, is doubly difficult but today we’ve proved we are up to the challenge. I am confident these two innovative recreations of classic Cobras – brought right up to date - will bring us real sales success and re-establish the AC brand in the traditional ‘home market’ for outstanding sports cars”.

Further details of the sales plans for the two new models will be made available shortly.

27. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    NOTA DE PRENSA

18 DE SEPTIEMBRE 2020
    AC Cars confirma hoy la llegada al Reino Unido de los primeros modelos de su esperada serie de icónicos coches deportivos AC Cobra renacidos.

La noticia cumple la promesa contenida en su comunicado de prensa del 1 de julio de que los coches llegarían a Gran Bretaña para que el socio técnico de AC con sede en Derby, Falcon Electric (https://falconelectric.co.uk/) pudiera instalar unidades de potencia. Falcon está diseñando y ajustando tanto la transmisión eléctrica como el tren de rodaje para el modelo eléctrico y también está instalando el motor de gasolina de Ford para el modelo Charter Edition.

El AC Cobra Serie 1 eléctrico es una recreación fiel del AC Cobra, pero con un tren motriz eléctrico moderno y libre de emisiones, y el AC Cobra 140 Charter Edition cuenta con el mismo motor de alta potencia de 2.3 litros utilizado por Ford en su último modelo. Modelo Mustang.

Los dos nuevos coches se producen cada uno en dos ediciones limitadas de 58 coches a la venta en el Reino Unido. El número de coches es significativo porque han pasado 58 años desde la creación del modelo AC Cobra de fama mundial.

Al hablar hoy, Alan Lubinsky, CEO de AC Cars, dijo que AC estaba cumpliendo sus promesas hechas a principios de 2020. “Llevar autos al mercado en el momento adecuado y con la calidad requerida es bastante difícil. Hacerlo en medio de la crisis de Covid, sin mencionar el Brexit, es doblemente difícil, pero hoy hemos demostrado que estamos a la altura del desafío. Estoy seguro de que estas dos innovadoras recreaciones de Cobras clásicos, actualizadas, nos traerán un verdadero éxito de ventas y restablecerán la marca AC en el tradicional 'mercado doméstico' de los automóviles deportivos excepcionales ".

En breve estarán disponibles más detalles sobre los planes de ventas de los dos nuevos modelos.

28. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    AC Cobra Series 4 Electric

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PRESS RELEASE

4 DECEMBER 2020
    So, does it have heritage, style, performance and total emissions free capability? Of course, it does – it’s the latest model in the rebirth of AC Cars. The AC Cobra Series 4–electric or: ‘The AC Superblower updated for the new world’.

The true close relation to this exciting new supercar, the AC Cobra Series 4 – electric, is none other than the much-loved AC Cobra 378 Superblower MkIV, the launch of which was a famous steppingstone on AC’s road to recovery and revival. The new emissions-free model will feature one of strongest specification/performance combinations of any AC model’s heritage or on the road speed.

AC has introduced a power system for a new age thanks to the services of its new Derby-based technical partner Falcon Electric (https://falconelectric.co.uk/). Falcon’s proud description of itself more than hints at its pedigree and ambition: “We are a hard-core technology company with the mission to make electric vehicles exciting. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our vehicles”.

Key points from the outline data sheet issued earlier today tell a story of growing affection for this remarkable car: 460 kw power, 1,000 NM torque, 54 kwh battery pack, 0-62 mph in a quick 3.8 seconds, 200 miles range and a gross weight of less than 1,190 kg. This light weighting process – an attribute applied by virtually every car maker in the world – has enormous power.

“The march of the outstandingly efficient electric AC Cobras is gathering pace now”, said Alan Lubinsky, the man whose vision, drive and energy have sustained AC Cars for almost a quarter of a Century.

Said Alan Lubinsky: “Eliminating excess weight brings with it positive benefits for the car’s owner. Lower overall weight reduces energy consumption, allowing the batteries to deliver a longer range and the ability to drive the car to AC’s traditional high standards for speed and acceleration which the marque has achieved over many years”.

Reservations for production cars are now being taken on the AC Cars Website, info@accars.eu, and first customer deliveries of the car are expected in summer of 2021.

The retail selling price for the AC Cobra Series 4–electric will be £168,000, plus any on the road charges.

AC Cobra 378 Superblower V8 6.2 MkIV (2020)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A SP_Kenny y KORANDO les gusta esto.
  29. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
  30. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    El 120 aniversario de AC Cars se celebra debidamente con 12 Cobra Superblower

8 de marzo de 2021

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Originalmente llamado Weller Bros., AC Cars es uno de los fabricantes de automóviles más antiguos del negocio, ya que se incorporó por primera vez en 1901 en Londres, Inglaterra. Asesinada, renombrada y reinstalada en innumerables ocasiones a lo largo de los años, la compañía finalmente perduró gracias a una sola placa de identificación: la legendaria Cobra.

[​IMG]

Ahora está listo para celebrar tanto su legado de 120 años como el Cobra al mismo tiempo como parte de las festividades de su aniversario. ¿Y qué mejor manera de comenzar los felices eventos que presentando una Cobra de edición limitada? Será un artículo de coleccionista, ya que solo se fabricarán 12 ejemplares como " modelos especiales de aniversario que marcan sus 120 años en el negocio ".

Más aún, considerando que AC Cars también se prepara para un cambio corporativo importante en el futuro. Tal vez recuerde que la compañía se prepara para abrazar la revolución eléctrica con " trenes motrices eléctricos innovadores de alto rendimiento que lograrán resultados sobresalientes en términos de velocidad y potencia en la carretera, pero serán casi silenciosos ".

Antes de que eso suceda, el AC Cobra todavía se puede tener con un tren motriz ICE , así como una librea especial (con cinco variaciones para asegurarse de que haya muchas opciones) diseñada para recordar al propietario el famoso pedigrí de carreras del automóvil. Sin embargo, la Cobra de 120 años de herencia es mucho más que un bonito trabajo de pintura.

Naturalmente, cada uno de los 12 coches celebra una de las décadas transcurridas desde la creación de AC Cars, junto con algunos de sus hitos más importantes. Según la compañía, estos incluyen el primer automóvil de 2.0 litros que superó el umbral de 100 mph (160 kph) , así como la introducción del AC Ace liviano en la década de 1950. Por supuesto, ese automóvil sirvió de inspiración para la creación del icónico Cobra la próxima década.

Volviendo al aniversario Cobras, nos complace informar que harán honor a la era ICE porque estamos tratando con el Cobra de la variedad superblower, ya que cada uno de los 12 ejemplos está equipado con un motor V8 sobrealimentado de 580 caballos de fuerza . AC Cars los promociona como automóviles de “ posiblemente la producción más rápida ” que jamás haya construido, y ya están disponibles por el precio de venta exacto de £ 129,500 ($ 179,345 al tipo de cambio actual).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AC Cars' 120th Anniversary Gets Properly Celebrated With 12 Cobra Superblowers

8 Mar 2021
    Originally named Weller Bros., AC Cars is one of the oldest automakers in the business, as it was first incorporated back in 1901 in London, England. Killed off, renamed, and reinstated on countless occasions over the years, the company ultimately endured thanks to just one nameplate: the legendary Cobra.

Now it’s ready to celebrate both its 120-year-old legacy and the Cobra at the same time as part of its anniversary festivities. And what better way to kick off the happy events than by introducing a limited edition Cobra? It’s going to be a collector’s item, as just 12 examples will be manufactured as “special anniversary models marking its 120 years in business.”

Even more so, considering that AC Cars also gears up for a major corporate switch going forward. You may recall that the company prepares to embrace the electric revolution with “innovative high performance electric drivetrains which will achieve outstanding results in terms of on the road speed and power yet will be almost silent.”

Before that happens, the AC Cobra can still be had with an ICE powertrain, as well as a special livery (with five variations to make sure there’s plenty of choices) designed to remind the owner of the car’s famous racing pedigree. The 120-years heritage Cobra is also much more than just a pretty paint job, though.

Naturally, each of the 12 cars celebrates one of the decades that passed since AC Cars’ creation, along with some of its most important milestones. According to the company, those include the first-ever 2.0-liter car that surpassed the 100 mph (160 kph) threshold as well as the introduction of the lightweight AC Ace in the 1950s. Of course, that car served as the inspiration for the creation of the iconic Cobra the very next decade.

Back to the anniversary Cobras, we’re happy to report they will do honor to the ICE age because we’re dealing with the Cobra of the superblower variety, as each of the 12 examples is fitted with a 580-horsepower supercharged V8 engine. AC Cars touts them as “possibly the quickest production” cars it has ever built, and they’re already available for the exact asking price of £129,500 ($179,345 at the current exchange rate).

Compartir esta página