Video El futuro de BMW, Vision ///M Next: ¿un i8 de 600 CV?

Tema en 'Foro General BMW' iniciado por cybermad, 14 Jun 2019.

1. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    A ver con que nos sorprenden ahora con esta versión M :whistle:

BMW release:

[​IMG]

June 14, 2019

The future in details – a collaboration between the BMW Group and Thomas Demand. Artist provides early insights into the BMW Vision M NEXT.

Munich. What does the new era of Sheer Driving Pleasure look like? That’s the question the BMW Vision M NEXT, preparing for its presentation in Munich in a few days’ time, seeks to answer. As part of a collaboration with the BMW Group, artist Thomas Demand has produced a series of photographs which pull back the covers on some early details of the car – without removing them completely. This is not the first time Demand and the BMW Group have got together. Back in 2000 the BMW Group commissioned Demand to create a piece for the prestigious AutoWerke collection, which saw 28 internationally renowned artists including Candida Höfer, Wolfgang Tillmans, Thomas Struth and Demand himself turn their attentions to the themes of cars and mobility. And now Demand has refocused his materials and medium of choice – papier, cardboard and photography – on a new subject area: the mobility of the future.

“Like most artists, I’m fascinated by things we haven’t seen before, images still to be discovered. So I was delighted to accept the invitation of Adrian van Hooydonk and his team. I think the way I look at photography puts me in a good place to bring out essential, abstract elements. The M NEXT study is a highly complex vehicle whose radical design extends beyond the job description of an everyday model. A concept like this represents a very interesting opportunity for me to transport these ideas and future forms into the public consciousness.” Thomas Demand.

The new era of Sheer Driving Pleasure.

The shape and substance of future mobility are the forces behind both the BMW Vision iNEXT and BMW’s latest Vision Vehicle: the BMW Vision M NEXT. Where the BMW Vision iNEXT shows us the ways in which autonomous driving will change life on board our vehicles, the BMW Vision M NEXT demonstrates how technology can be harnessed to enhance driving pleasure. In the new age of mobility, intelligent technologies will fuel sporty driving and the person at the wheel will be turned into the ultimate driver.

Whether it’s the relaxation of EASE driving in the BMW Vision iNEXT or a dynamic BOOST experience at the helm of the BMW Vision M NEXT, in both cases people – and their emotions and needs – take centre stage, design and technology enriching the desired driving experience.

“When we reveal a new vehicle, there are myriad overall views at play. This time we’re taking a new approach and presenting a selection of artworks ahead of the car’s unveiling. The photos are fascinating and tell their own story. They are very close to the BMW Vision Vehicle and yet completely abstract, pure art. They will only become tangible when you set eyes on the Vision Vehicle itself.” Adrian van Hooydonk, Senior Vice President BMW Group Design

Down to details.

Thomas Demand and Adrian van Hooydonk hold one another in high regard and regularly take time to discuss all things urban and future mobility-related. It therefore made sense for the BMW Group to give Demand a sneak preview of the BMW Vision M NEXT and invite the inspiration to flow. The artist duly picked out various details and created paper and cardboard models based on them. These provided the focal point for the photographs that followed. Demand’s concept here is based on the actual colour scheme and visual forms of the BMW Vision M NEXT. However, he zooms in so closely on the surface of the vision vehicle that his paper and cardboard models become removed from the subject matter at hand. His endeavours are encapsulated in four works which stay very close to the details of the BMW Vision M NEXT and yet also represent abstract photographic art. Audiences will have to wait until the presentation of the BMW Vision M NEXT in Munich later this month to see the art fleshed out into tangible reality.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A Curro y Gus les gusta esto.
  2. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    :eek: ¿El próximo i8? :eek:

Mmotores eléctricos en las 4 ruedas o trasera híbrido L4, con retazos del M1 :pompous:

[​IMG]
    BMW
    Publicado el 25 jun. 2019

A statement for the driver:

The BMW Vision M NEXT gives a preview of what the electrified future of the BMW M brand might look like.

The BMW Vision M NEXT is a progressive sports car that makes a clear and self-confident statement both in terms of its appearance and its interaction.
    With its sporty proportions and just a few precise lines, the BMW Vision M NEXT portrays a strong character. At the front, orange Air Blades extend from both sides towards the centre of the vehicle and, in conjunction with the blade-shaped air intake below the kidney grille, create a clear racing aesthetic.

From a side view, the low-slung, wedge-shaped sports car silhouette, the contours ascending towards the rear and the diagonal, orange colour separation give the impression that the BMW Vision M NEXT is surging forward even when standing still.
    The rear sculpture combines the sides optically, thus emphasising the vehicle’s width.

The idea of reduced simplicity brings together exterior and interior.
    The BOOST Pod is the key element in the interior. Intelligent technologies support the driver and deliver the right contents at the right time. Immersed and focused, the driver becomes the ultimate driver.
    The Power-PHEV drive of the BMW Vision M NEXT allows to choose between four electrically driven wheels or a purist rear-wheel drive – purely electrically or accelerated by turbocharged 4-cylinder petrol engine.
    The design of the BMW Vision M NEXT is the result of an internal contest.
    BMW designers competed against one another with their hand-drawn sketches and visualisations. Several rounds took place to select the best designs until, finally, the draft to be implemented was picked out. The process from initial idea to complete vision vehicle took roughly 18 months. M

A escopeta le gusta esto.
  3. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A escopeta y Gus les gusta esto.
  4. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A Gus le gusta esto.
  5. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86

6. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    BMW VISION M NEXT.

Highlights.

• The BMW Vision M NEXT shows how the future of the BMW M brand might look – in the form of an eye-catching electrified sports car.

• Power PHEV drive concept – with an electric motor at both the front and rear axle – enables pure-electric rear-wheel drive and pure-electric all-wheel drive (to keep the car glued to the road). In addition, a powerful four-cylinder petrol engine can send power directly to the rear wheels. Maximum output of 600 hp provides 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) acceleration in three seconds. Future-proofed urban driving thanks to electric range of 100 km (62 miles).

• BOOST+ mode provides extra power at the touch of a button. The car alerts the driver to the ideal moment for BOOST+.

• Focusing on the driver: Intelligent technology in the BMW Vision M NEXT – based on the D+ACES (Design + Autonomous driving, Connectivity, Electrification and Services) building blocks for the future – turns the person at the wheel into the ultimate driver.

• The BMW Vision M NEXT demonstrates the potential of BMW’s “BOOST” experience concept in creating the ultimate active driving experience. It represents a conceptual counterpart to the BMW Vision iNEXT, which showcases BMW’s “EASE” concept and encompasses all the experiences available when the vehicle assumes the task of driving.

• Exclusive world premiere at the #NEXTGen – a new standalone infotainment platform for personal mobility “made by the BMW Group”, including regular events.

• BMW sports-car DNA: Design elements like the low, wedge-shaped silhouette, gullwing doors and distinctive colour concept are future-focused references to the BMW Turbo and BMW i8.

• Colour blocking: Front and rear sections are finished in matt-neon Thrilling Orange, producing a vivid contrast against the exterior’s otherwise silk-matt Cast Silver metallic paintwork.

• The front end presents a confident and modern interpretation of two classical BMW icons: the kidney grille and four-eyed front end. The debut application of innovative Laser Wire light technology provides a striking light design. Large air intakes and a front spoiler made from recycled carbon bring a racing-car aesthetic.

• With its two-tone, horizontal segmentation, the rear end accentuates the car’s width. Rear lights with Laser Wire technology frame the rear end. The pair of BMW roundels – with a modern, two-dimensional twist – reference the BMW Turbo and BMW M1 and appear to float within the rear lights.

• The fluid sculpturing of the interior merges the driver and car into one. The integrated seat shells – in a foam material with shape memory properties – provide excellent comfort and optimum support.

• The BOOST Pod is the interface between driver and vehicle. It unifies all control options and information on three visual tiers directly ahead of the driver. The first plane is formed by the horizontally arranged steering wheel featuring two small displays. The second plane is a Curved Glass Display, which is making its debut appearance and stretches around the steering wheel. The full-surface Augmented Reality Head-Up Display in the windscreen constitutes the third plane.

• Focus logic represents the next stage in the progression of BMW’s signature driver focus. The information displayed adapts to the car’s speed. The higher the speed, the more focused the information and the more it moves into the driver’s direct field of view.

• Innovative mix of materials: woven synthetic fibres in Midnight Blue with a distinctive look and feel akin to leather, titanium with a warm, shimmering tone and painted surfaces create a modern and luxurious ambience. Judicious use of Thrilling Orange contrasts injects additional sporting flair.

• Visionary Valet Parking Service: A concierge is on hand when the driver arrives at their destination to take the vehicle, park it and bring it back again at the desired time. All done simply and seamlessly using the MyBMW app.

7. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    BMW Vision M NEXT (prototipo) | Información general
    Mario Garcés (@mgarces83)

Este prototipo de cupé híbrido enchufable se suma a la gama de modelos Vision NEXT, iniciada con el Vision NEXT 100 en 2016 y aumentada con el Vision iNEXT de 2018. Según BMW, con estos coches se centra en presentar innovaciones relativas a diseño, conducción autónoma, conectividad, electrificación y servicios. Ha englobado todo bajo el término «D+ACES» (design, autonomy, conectivity, electrification y services, por sus siglas en inglés). El Vision M NEXT tiene 600 caballos y puede circular en modo totalmente eléctrico hasta 100 km.

Para el diseño de la carrocería, en forma de cuña y con puertas de tipo «alas de gaviota», BMW dice haberse inspirado en el prototipo BMW Turbo de 1972, en el i8de 2014 y en el M1 de 1978 (por ejemplo, en la luneta posterior; imagen). Los colores exteriores son naranja mate «Thrilling Orange» y gris metalizado «Cast Silver».

[​IMG]

El sistema impulsor, con una potencia total de 600 caballos, está formado por un motor de gasolina turboalimentado de cuatro cilindros, más una serie de motores eléctricos para ambos ejes. BMW no aclara si hay dos o más motores eléctricos, ni dice cómo se combinan entre ellos con el térmico. En función del modo de actuación de los motores la tracción puede ser trasera mediante el motor de combustión, trasera eléctrica o a las cuatro ruedas eléctrica. Tampoco hay detalles sobre la batería.

Las prestaciones son muy buenas para tratarse de un vehículo híbrido (estos suelen tener una velocidad máxima más baja que los coches que sólo tienen motor de combustión, porque la limitación la impone el régimen máximo de giro de los motores eléctricos o el funcionamiento de la caja de cambios). Alcanza 300 km/h de velocidad máxima y tiene una aceleración de 0 a 100 km/h en «sólo tres segundos». Hay dos modos de conducción, «EASE», orientado a la conducción autónoma y a que los pasajeros viajen cómodos, y «BOOST», que deja los mandos al conductor. Hay una función, «BOOST+», que permite obtener la máxima potencia en momentos puntuales.

Con el Vision M NEXT, BMW dice que estrena unos faros con tecnología «Laser Wire» (cable láser), «en la que las fibras de vidrio recubiertas de fósforo se utilizan para producir elementos luminosos con una forma nueva». Estas fibras se iluminan en los faros creando un patrón que simula un electrocardiograma. En la carrocería hay algunos elementos hechos de fibra de carbono reciclada, como los faldones laterales (los que van bajo los umbrales de las puertas) o el techo. También hay trucos de diseño como la «curva Hofmeister» en las tomas de aire (tradicionalmente, las ventanillas traseras de los BMW tienen un diseño en curva que se repite en todos los modelos, bautizada con este nombre; imagen de ejemplo en un X5). Las llantas delanteras tienen 21 pulgadas de diámetro y las traseras, 22.

[​IMG]

El diseño del habitáculo es minimalista y los materiales de recubrimiento empleados son fibras sintéticas (de aspecto similar al cuero. Es de color azul «Midnight Blue»), titanio anodizado y algunos detalles pequeños, en piezas que se tocan con las manos, tapizados en piel, como el volante o los tiradores de las puertas. La guanteras están camufladas y hay un portabebidas giroscópico (mediante un mecanismo que le da libertad de giro, compensa con inclinación las fuerzas de aceleración lontigudinales y transversales).

Entre la tecnología de que dispone está un sistema de reconocimiento facial para abrir el coche (reconoce al conductor al acercarse, pero este debe pulsar un sensor táctil para que la puerta se abra). La mayoría de funciones se manejan a través de un mando denominado Pod BOOST o bien desde los botones del volante. La instrumentación se muestra en una pantalla de cristal curvado. Por encima hay un sistema de información proyectada en el parabrisas, que muestra las imágenes mediante realidad aumentada (hace que las indicaciones parezcan parte del entorno que hay frente al conductor). La información que aparece va cambiando conforme la velocidad aumenta para minimizar las distracciones.

Mediante conexión de datos y con el BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant o la aplicación para móviles MyBMW App, se pueden gestionar servicios durante la conducción, como reservas de aparcamiento o en establecimientos.

https://www.km77.com/coches/bmw/vision-m-next-prototipo/informacion

10. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Ya han confirmado que habrá M híbrido enchufable y M eléctrico para después del 2025 :whistle:

BMW M Plug-In Hybrid Confirmed; EV Coming After 2025

BMW's M division is plugging into to electric power.
    It’s a big day at BMW. Today the company is hosting the NextGen Conference at its headquarters in Germany. There, the Vision M Next concept (which could make it to production), 5 Series experimental electric vehicle, and E-Box electric motorcycle debuted. But there's still more news coming out of Munich.

BMW Chief of Engineering, Klaus Frohlich, in a roundtable interview with journalists, including Senior Editor Jeff Perez, says BMW's M division is betting big on battery power. The company will introduce plug-in hybrid M performance vehicles in the near future.

"For me, power PHEV is the next step," Frohlich says. "Of course, that car will be between 1,600 to 1,700 kilograms (3,500 to 3,700 pounds), all-wheel drive, and 600 horsepower at least." These numbers may not sound hugely impressive at first, but still represent a healthy improvement over the current M5. It's equally powerful, but significantly heavier at 4,370 lbs (1,982 kg).

But plug-in hybrids aren't the end goal. In the next six years, BMW's M division could build a pure electric performance vehicle. "Beyond 2025, there will be also possibly M BEVs," Frohlich says. "Because M is not a letter for technology, M is simply a letter for performance – and performance not only to 60. That's easy."

Obviously, the reduced weight compared to a conventional ICE-powered car should be the main advantage in the hybridized BMW Ms. And assuming the company can keep the weight down on its eventual pure EV, it could be a serious advantage in a space currently dominated by gas-powered vehicles.

A escopeta le gusta esto.
  11. Curro

Curro Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 Coupe 2.8

A Gus y pasko les gusta esto.
  12. Gus

Gus Tali-bahn Administrador Coordinador

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    i3/Z3/MiniE/X1
    Híbrido de 600 Cv y con 100 de autonomía eléctrica podría ser perfectamenTte el especulado para el i8 s, si.... pero ya será otra cosa:

[​IMG]

Ahora casi la mayor duda es qué riñones veremos la próxima década :LOL:

[​IMG]

A Curro le gusta esto.
  13. Curro

Curro Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 Coupe 2.8
    Parece i8 mal tuneado

A Nanouk le gusta esto.
  14. C130

C130 Forista

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    218d GT Rojo
    Futuro? Para quien?

A Curro le gusta esto.
  15. Barbinski

Barbinski Hybrid tester Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Q5-Q3sb-S2R1000
    Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club
    Enésimo concept del M1 esta vez en versión quitanieves. :wideyed:

Me gustaban más el M1 hommage (2008) o el híbrido de 2009 (!!!) o incluso los diseños de Paul Bracq hace 40 años.

A Curro le gusta esto.
  16. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Repost modenno :) https://www.bmwfaq.org/threads/bmw-vision-inext-bmw-vision-m-un-i8-de-600-cv.959411/page-2

A Curro le gusta esto.
  17. BLUEBIRD

BLUEBIRD Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    BMW ANTICIPA LA LLEGADA DE LA TECNOLOGÍA PHEV Y ELÉCTRICA A LA FAMILIA M

Según la marca en un futuro próximo presentarán un BMW M híbrido enchufable y pasado 2025 habrá un modelo 100% eléctrico dentro de la familia más deportiva de BMW.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    POR ANTONIO RAMOS OCHOA

25 JUNIO 2019
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    Hoy BMW ha vuelto a mostrar su particular visión para el futuro, especialmente en lo que se refiere a su rama más deportiva, la división M, con el espectacular BMW M Next, que apuesta por la tecnología híbrida dentro de los deportivos bávaros. Así que la cuestión era inevitable ¿Veremos esta clase de tecnología próximamente en los BMW de calle?

La respuesta parece ser sí, a raíz de las declaraciones que han dejado alguno de los responsables de la marca en esta Conferencia NextGen en el cuartel general de BMW, y no solo porque porque el impresionante M Next pueda llegar en un futuro a la producción.

En una entrevista con periodistas el jefe de ingeniería de BMW, Klaus Frohlich ha confirmado que la electrificación llegará próximamente a la famila M con un modelo híbrido enchufable que presentarán en un futuro próximo.

EL FUTURO MODELO HÍBRIDO ENCHUFABLE DE BMW M TENDRÁ UN PESO DE ENTRE 1.600 Y 1.700 KG, TRACCIÓN TOTAL Y AL MENOS 600 CV

"Para mí, el la tenología PHEV es el siguiente paso", reconocía Frohlich. "Por supuesto, ese coche tendrá un peso de entre 1.600 y 1.700 kg, tracción total y al menos 600 caballos de potencia". Y lo sorprendente de estos datos no es tanto la potencia, donde un híbrido podría marcar las diferencias con su potencia extra, sino el peso, uno de los puntos flacos tradicionales de los coches con batería, y sin embargo lo más cercano a estas cifras es el actual M5 con 600 CV, que tiene un peso que se va hasta los 1.930 kg.

Sin embargo esto parece ser una especie de transición ya que en la segunda mitad de la próxima década podríamos ver el primer BMW M 100% eléctrico según Frohlich. "Más allá de 2025, también habrá posiblemente un BMW M eléctrico. M no es una letra que hable de tecnología, M es simplemente una letra para hablar de rendimiento".

Lo cierto es que si consiguen mantener esa relación potencia-peso tan prometedora este paso de BMW M hacia la electrificación puede ser más que interesante. Especialmente en el caso de los eléctricos puros, incluso en términos de espacio.

https://www.caranddriver.es/coches/...W3E4aom-h_hOclxzevoNEXrl5F6n-h2lrzD2BI5vhDzgE

A Curro y Gus les gusta esto.
  18. BLUEBIRD

BLUEBIRD Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
  19. BLUEBIRD

BLUEBIRD Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Traducción del artículo: la M lo que significa es que es el gordo.

A dani2, Curro y Gus les gusta esto.
  20. gorka

gorka Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    911 S
    La M ya se la ponen a cualquier cosa, asi que ya puestos.

Una lástima porque hubo un tiempo donde esa letra si identificaba una estirpe

BM3W, inthenight, Nanouk y 2 otros les gusta esto.
  21. Gus

Gus Tali-bahn Administrador Coordinador

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    i3/Z3/MiniE/X1
    Me temo que toca adaptarse a los tiempos: lo que me pregunto es qué les
    va a diferenciar de híbridos convencionales a nivel de motorización...la cosa se hace cada vez más monocorde.

A Nanouk, gorka y Curro les gusta esto.
  22. joven_padawan

joven_padawan Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
  23. Curro

Curro Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 Coupe 2.8
  24. mansiman

mansiman Forista

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    330Ci CamarónEd
  25. gorka

gorka Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    911 S
    En líneas generales el mundo del automóvil esta rozando el absurdo, no me extraña que cada vez interese menos a la gente

A Guancho, inthenight y Gus les gusta esto.
  26. Nanouk

Nanouk Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Yo pienso en el mundo de los procesadores.

El fabricante capa para diferenciar unos de otros y el consumidor, por su cuenta y riesgo, hace overclock.

En definitiva, que puede haber diferencias entre motores eléctricos y soluciones para que estos sean más eficientes, pero que cada vez será más fácil y económico modificar tu “motor” por vía software y conseguir grandes prestaciones.

Al mundo de la música se les escapó de las manos el control con el que contaban gracias al vinilo, y en cierta medida a la cassette, con la llegada del mp3 e internet.

Veremos el mundo del motor con la electrificación...

Última edición: 26 Jun 2019
    A Gus le gusta esto.
  27. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Espero que el modelo de producción mejore bastante estéticamente, porque al lado del espectacular diseño del i8 es una broma de mal gusto :pompous:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    También han presentado esto :whistle:

y esto, que ya habíamos visto :D

Última edición: 26 Jun 2019
  29. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Al hilo de esto de los coches eléctricos, lo último de chuache :devil:

30. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Se adelantan los planes eléctricos, 25 modelos para 2023 :pompous:

PRESS RELEASE
    Fully charged as it accelerates along its Future Highway 2025, the BMW Group is adjusting frequency to up the tempo of its electromobility expansion programme. The company will now achieve the total of 25 electrified models previously announced for 2025 two years earlier, in 2023. Thanks to flexible vehicle architectures for fully-electric, plug-in hybrid and combustion engine drive trains, the company is able to respond quickly to changing conditions. More than half of the 25 models will be fully electric.

“We are moving up a gear in the transformation towards sustainable mobility, thereby making our company fit for the future: Over the past two years, we have consistently taken numerous decisions that we are now bringing to the roads. By 2021, we will have doubled our sales of electrified vehicles compared with 2019,” said Harald Krüger, Chairman of the Board of Management of BMW AG, in Munich on Tuesday. “We will offer 25 electrified vehicles already in 2023 – two years earlier than originally planned. We expect to see a steep growth curve towards 2025: Sales of our electrified vehicles should increase by an average of 30 percent every year.”

As part of the new #NEXTGen communications format, the BMW Group is showcasing the next generation of mobility and next steps it’s taking in that direction. The BMW Vision M NEXT provides a glimpse of the dynamic future of the BMW brand in the form of a striking electrified sportscar. The BMW Vision M NEXT is clearly focused on the person driving the vehicle, with intelligent technology to transform them into the ultimate driver. The BMW Motorrad Vision DC Roadster previews the future of BMW Motorrad with alternative drive forms. This highly emotional motorcycle preserves the identity and iconic BMW Motorrad appearance, but also offers a new form of driving fun.

“Our vision is clear: sustainable mobility, produced in a sustainable manner. We have set ourselves the goal of only buying electricity from renewable energy sources for all our locations worldwide from 2020,” said Krüger. “We fulfil our social responsibility – in all its different facets. We are firmly committed to emission-free driving. At the same time, we stand by our corporate responsibility towards our employees, shareholders and investors.”

The BMW Group: a pioneer in electromobility

As an e-mobility pioneer, the BMW Group is already a leading supplier of electrified vehicles. By the end of 2019, the company aims to have more than half a million vehicles with fully-electric or plug-in hybrid drive trains on the roads. Within two years, the company will offer five fully-electric series-production vehicles: Alongside the BMW i3, with more than 150,000 units built to date, this year will see the start of production of the fully-electric MINI at Plant Oxford (UK). This will be followed in 2020 by the fully-electric BMW iX3 from Shenyang (China) and, in 2021, by the BMW iNEXT, which will be produced in Dingolfing (Germany), and the BMW i4 from Plant Munich (Germany).

Including its extensive fleet of plug-in hybrids, the BMW Group has the widest range of electrified vehicles on the market. Updated, extended electric-range plug-in-hybrid versions of the BMW 3 Series, BMW 7 Series and BMW X5 were presented alongside the new BMW X3 plug-in hybrid at this year’s Geneva Motor Show. A few weeks later, the updated plug-in hybrid variant of the BMW X1 Long Wheelbase Version, which is produced locally for the Chinese market, was shown at the Shanghai Auto Show. Later this summer, plug-in hybrid versions of the BMW 5 Series and BMW 2 Series Active Tourer with next-generation technology and longer electric range will also be released. These will be followed next year by the BMW X1 and the BMW 3 Series Touring as plug-in hybrid models. This diversity of electrified drive concepts underlines the importance of technology openness on the road to sustainable mobility.

The BMW Group has always promoted emission-free mobility and advocated for its effective support. However, the demands of future mobility will be multifaceted. There will not be just one single solution that meets the mobility needs of all customers around the world. People living in rural areas, for instance, need different technological solutions for mobility than those in cities.

BMW eDrive Zones standard in plug-in hybrids from 2020

The effective role plug-in hybrids can play in achieving emission-free mobility in cities is demonstrated by the BMW eDrive Zones function, which will be standard in BMW plug-in hybrids from 2020: In cities that establish “green zones” solely for emission-free driving, geofencing technology will be able to recognise these automatically. When the vehicle enters one of these zones, it will automatically switch to pure electric driving mode. In this way, BMW is paving the way for plug-in hybrids to receive the same access rights to green zones as fully-electric vehicles, since they behave the same in these areas.

This new type of operating strategy significantly boosts the potential of plug-in hybrid vehicles to reduce emissions. Increasing the use of electric driving not only optimises efficiency, but also helps reduce operating costs for customers – especially in city traffic. After the idea was born, the first real-life test for the BMW eDrive Zones function is the BMW Group’s “Electric City Drive” pilot project, in conjunction with the City of Rotterdam and the local Erasmus University.

New #NEXTGen communications format

With the “BMW Group #NEXTGen” format, the company is taking a new approach to presenting its future technologies, services and products. The BMW Group invited international journalists, analysts and other stakeholders to the BMW Welt in Munich to experience six world premieres and two highly emotional vision vehicles. The programme will be rounded off with a Global Influencer Day on 26 June.

In this way, the company is building on its existing global commitment to international auto shows and tech and future fairs with a regular independent format for individual mobility “made by the BMW Group”. In addition to world premieres of new models, a particular focus will be on experiencing the latest technological developments from all D+ACES areas of the company: Design, Autonomous Driving, Connectivity, Electrification, Services.

Compartir esta página