Video BMW M8 Coupé, Cabrio y Gran Coupé

Tema en 'Foro General BMW' iniciado por cybermad, 3 Dic 2018.

1. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    BMW M8 Debuts New Display and Control System, Including Adjustable Brakes!

Watch race driver Martin Tomczyk and Joerg Weidinger testing the newly developed display and control system of the BMW M8. The M Setup button can be used to adjust the vehicle's powertrain and chassis settings, while the new M Mode allows the displays and driver assistance systems to be tuned to the driver’s requirements. For the first time the M Setup button now also enables selection of braking system settings

More details on the new new display and control system debuting in the M8:

The feeling of an M car is unmistakable – and now it can be tailored even more closely to the individual. BMW M GmbH is unveiling a new display and control system for the configuration of the powertrain, chassis and driver assistance systems on its high-performance sports cars. As well as additional scope for adapting the vehicle settings both to the situation at hand and to personal preferences using the Setup button, drivers will also enjoy the services of the new M Mode (activated at the touch of a button). The Setup button can be used to adjust the vehicle settings, while M Mode allows the displays and driver assistance systems to be tuned to the driver’s requirements. This extra individualisation and even more intuitive operation will be included for the first time in the new BMW M8 Coupe and BMW M8 Competition Coupe (fuel consumption combined: 10.6 – 10.5 l/100 km [26.7 – 26.9 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 242 – 238 g/km; provisional figures), and the new BMW M8 Convertible and BMW M8 Competition Convertible (fuel consumption combined: 10.8 – 10.6 l/100 km [26.2 – 26.7 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 246 – 241 g/km; provisional figures). With the help of these new features, drivers of BMW’s high-performance models for the luxury segment can enjoy their exceptional range of abilities – from supreme long-distance comfort to alluring track dynamics – in even greater depth.

The control system developed for BMW M models traditionally enables their powertrain and chassis technology to be configured in a wide variety of ways according to personal tastes and needs. Indeed, the driver can activate various settings for the engine, suspension and steering independently of one another. In models specified with the M xDrive all-wheel-drive system, the distribution of power between the front and rear wheels can also be tweaked. And now the new BMW M8 Coupe and new BMW M8 Convertible offer the ability to configure the braking system as required, too.

New Setup button enables intuitive operation with direct access to all powertrain and chassis systems.

The new Setup button on the centre console of the new BMW M8 Coupe and new BMW M8 Convertible enables direct access to all available setup options for five vehicle parameters. Pressing the button brings up a Setup menu in the Control Display, which offers an overview of the vehicle settings currently engaged. The driver can then activate their desired mode for the engine, suspension, steering, brakes and M xDrive – in a single step in each case – via the touchscreen or the iDrive Controller.

The engine characteristics can be adjusted by means of the EFFICIENT, SPORT and SPORT PLUS settings, while the COMFORT, SPORT and SPORT PLUS chassis options give access to the three profiles for the electronically controlled dampers. The driver can also choose between COMFORT and SPORT for both the M-specific electromechanical steering and the new braking system. When DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) is deactivated, the 4WD, 4WD SPORT and 2WD (for pure rear-wheel drive) settings for the M xDrive all-wheel-drive system also come into play. Two individually composed variants of this setup can be stored permanently with the driver’s preferred settings for the engine sound, gearshift characteristics, driving stability control and Auto Start Stop function. The overall vehicle configuration can then be called up instantly at any time by pressing one of the two M buttons on the steering wheel.

Premiere in the BMW M8: integrated braking system with precise pedal feel and M-specific configurability.

The M-specific version of a new braking technology paves the way for the configuration of braking characteristics, a feature available for the first time in the new BMW M8. The new system brings together the brake activation, brake booster and braking control functions within a compact module. The integrated braking system reduces weight by around two kilograms and employs a vacuum-free brake booster to enhance the car’s overall efficiency. The brake pressure required is triggered by an electric actuator, which allows it to be generated more dynamically and also ensures significantly faster and more precise interventions from the driving stability control system.

The integrated braking system also does an excellent job of allowing vehicle deceleration to be geared precisely to the driver’s requirements and of generating sublime pedal feel in any situation. Braking feedback to the driver is unimpaired by wet road surfaces, significant lateral acceleration or high brake temperatures, and this ensures precise metering of braking power at all times. The version of the new braking system developed for BMW M models also presents the driver with two pedal feel settings.

COMFORT and SPORT modes alter the amount of pressure on the brake pedal required to slow the car. This allows the driver to choose between a comfort-oriented perception of the braking process and a particularly direct, instantaneous response to applications of the pedal. The new BMW M8 teams this innovative system with both the standard M compound brakes and optional M carbon-ceramic brakes.

Pure driving pleasure through innovation: the M Mode button.

In addition to the new configuration options opened up by the Setup button, the new BMW M8 also allows the gearshift characteristics of the eight-speed Steptronic transmission to be adjusted using the Drivelogic button on the selector lever and the engine sound to be varied via a separate button on the centre console. M Dynamic Mode – which raises the intervention thresholds for the driving stability control and allows controlled drifts – and DSC Off mode can also be initiated at the touch of a button.

A fresh addition to the new flagship models from BMW M GmbH is the M Mode button on the centre console. This can be used to alter the responses of the driver assistance systems and the screens in the all-digital instrument cluster and Head-Up Display. M Mode allows the driver to activate ROAD and SPORT modes, while the new BMW M8 Competition Coupe and BMW M8 Competition Convertible also come with a TRACK setting. These options enhance the hallmark M driving experience according to the situation at hand. Changing the settings alters the information presented to the driver on the screens, while the safety-enhancing interventions by the driver assistance systems – such as active braking or steering inputs – are reduced to a bare minimum or deactivated altogether.

In the default ROAD setting, all the standard and optional driver assistance systems are fully activated. A simple press of the M Mode button engages the SPORT setting, in which the active driver assistance systems (in the configuration set by the driver) now only transmit alerts on speed limits and overtaking restrictions. This mode disables all interventions in the braking and steering systems, aside from those made by the Collision Warning with braking function and the Evasion Assistant.

In SPORT mode, the driver benefits from M View in both the instrument cluster and the Head-Up Display. Here, only relevant information for sporty driving – i.e. an M-specific engine speed dial and the shift lights (which indicate the ideal time to change gear), a digital speed display and the gear currently engaged – is displayed in the cockpit. Information on coolant temperature, charge pressure, tyre condition, and longitudinal and lateral acceleration can be viewed in the right- and left-hand areas of the instrument cluster. The Head-Up Display read-out is concentrated around the engine revs and shift lights, navigation instructions and distance warnings, the gear selected and the vehicle speed, plus the speed limits and overtaking restrictions detected by the Speed Limit Info system. Pressing the M Mode button again returns the driver to the default ROAD mode.

An extended press of the M Mode button engages TRACK mode, which is available in the Competition models and designed exclusively for use on race circuits. The decision to activate this mode must be confirmed using the iDrive Controller. In this setting, all the comfort and safety functions of the driver assistance systems are deactivated. In addition, the audio system and Control Display are both switched off in order to focus the driver’s attention even more intently on the road ahead. TRACK mode allows drivers of the new BMW M8 Competition Coupe and new BMW M8 Competition Convertible to experience an ultra-pure, racing-car-inspired distillation of M feeling. Added to which, the instrument cluster and Head-Up Display also include M View, although TRACK mode blanks out the road sign detection and distance information. Pressing the M Mode button again takes the car out of the TRACK setting and back into ROAD mode.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A Navero y escopeta les gusta esto.
  2. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A Dr.Nieto, Navero y escopeta les gusta esto.
  3. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A Dr.Nieto, Navero y Nanouk les gusta esto.
  4. HelloTravel

HelloTravel Forista

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    e30, e31, Z3
    Un GT

5. BLUEBIRD

BLUEBIRD Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Qué mal rollo me da el sistema de freno, si no notas el fadding supongo que ya saldrá un mensaje enorme en la tablet diciéndote que pares ya que has frito los frenos y que vayas pidiendo cita en el taller.

6. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Me parece que pocos M8 pisarán circuito con sus propietarios salvo para dar una vuelta tranquila, los únicos que los van a estrujar serán los probadores, como este M8 cabrio :devil:

A escopeta le gusta esto.
  7. efenese71

efenese71 Forista Senior Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    BMW 530diox F10
    Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club
    El miércoles nos adelantó uno por la provincia de Cuenca, dirección Madrid...la montaña de babas se divisa desde la Estación espacial internacional...ya ni miran a la gran muralla China.

A Nanouk le gusta esto.
  8. Nanouk

Nanouk Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    El invitado en la fiesta es el nuevo X6, ¿no?

9. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Creo que si, te refieres al que sale después de que el AMG GTR Pro del minuto 1:11 le quite las pegatinas al M8, no? :devil:

10. Nanouk

Nanouk Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Sí, ese mismo.

11. BLUEBIRD

BLUEBIRD Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    No te creas, siempre hay un motivado. Pero vaya que es clarísimamente un coche de autobahn, me parece hasta de mal gusto tanto rollo track de botón.

A Gus le gusta esto.
  12. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Es el nuevo X6 M, se les ve al principio juntos en la gasolinera, ambos llevan 4 escapes, el mismo V8 y 2 toneladas a cuestas :D

A Nanouk le gusta esto.
  13. BLUEBIRD

BLUEBIRD Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Seguro que tendrá modo track y tal también...

14. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Fijo, pero un Z4 M y tal eso si que no lo sacan :ANAL:

15. 392C

392C Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    320I E92
    Y tal

16. BLUEBIRD

BLUEBIRD Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Claro que no. Un coche ligero, bajito y biplaza a quién se le ocurre meterlo en circuito.

17. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Cazado el M8 Competition Gran Coupé :devil:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A Gus, escopeta y Navero les gusta esto.
  18. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Y Pascual :LOL: aquí se ven los 3 M8, al principio el Coupé junto al Cabrio, al final el Gran Coupé junto al Coupé :D

Última edición: 24 May 2019
  19. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Estas son mejores :finga:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A Navero, escopeta y Panda les gusta esto.
  20. Panda

Panda Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    E82 120d
    j*der que maravilla. Así mismo sería el mío. Así o en un azul oscuro. Ambos con interior negro completo.

21. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Muy bonito el color, el mio cabrio :finga:

A Panda le gusta esto.
  22. escopeta

escopeta Forista Senior Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    992GTS,M2 G87
    Pepinaco!!
    Esta sobre planchas de avión,se sabe de donde a donde volaba ?

23. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86

A Gus y escopeta les gusta esto.
  24. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    600 hp M8 Coupe and Convertible.
    617 hp M8 Competition Coupe and Competition Convertible
    0-60 mph in as quick as 3.0 seconds and top speed up to 189 mph.
    Production to begin July 2019.
    M8 Coupe MSRP: $133,000, M8 Convertible MSRP: $142,500.

[​IMG]
    Woodcliff Lake, NJ – June 4, 2019…Today, BMW M GmbH introduces the M8 Coupe and Convertible, the new top performance models in the M brand’s lineup. Available in standard and Competition variants, these new M cars take the proven M5 and M5 Competition near-supercar capabilities to an even higher level while offering all of the luxury and styling that the 8 Series has to offer.

The launch of the new M8 is unique in that the race car made its appearance almost two years before the production street versions will be available in showrooms. In those past two years of testing and racing in the IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship, the BMW M8 GTE collected three victories, including the prestigious 24 Hours of Daytona, four additional podium finishes and three pole positions. A very solid foundation for the pinnacle model in BMW M GmbH’s portfolio.

Pricing for the new 2020 M8 Coupe is $133,000 and $146,000 for the M8 Competition Coupe. The 2020 M8 Convertible MSRP is $142,500 and $155,500 for the M8 Competition Convertible. Pricing does not include $995 Destination.

S63 V8 Power and Performance

The high-revving (7,200 rpm redline) 4.4 liter S63 M TwinPower Turbo V8 produces 600 hp @ 6,000 rpm and 553 lb-ft of torque @ 1,800 – 5,700 rpm in the M8 Coupe and Convertible while the M8 Competition models feature an uprated power unit producing 617 hp @ 6,000 rpm and 553 lb-ft @ 1,800 – 5,860 rpm.

The engine features two-turbochargers, cross-bank exhaust manifolds, direct injection and upgraded cooling and oil supply. The turbochargers are positioned within the V of the engine block to help improve thermal efficiency and response. The cross-bank exhaust manifolds improve turbocharger and throttle response by reducing the distance the exhaust gases need to flow to reach the turbochargers. The direct fuel injection operates at a very high 350 bar (5,076 psi) ensuring ultra-fine fuel atomization for improved power and efficiency. Water-to-air intercooling helps reduce the temperature of the incoming air charge for improved power.

The advanced cooling system is composed of two separate water circuits, one for the intercoolers and one for the engine and turbochargers. An electric cooling pump ensures that the turbochargers receive sufficient coolant flow even after the engine has been turned off. An additional engine oil cooler and transmission oil cooler ensure the new BMW M8 is capable of standing up to the higher thermal demands of track driving. The oil supply system has been upgraded with a secondary front chamber in the oil pan which is accessed by a map-controlled oil suction pump to insure effective oil supply during extreme lateral and longitudinal forces such as cornering and acceleration.

The Competition models feature unique tuning which not only produces more horsepower but also increases the band at which maximum torque is produced by 160 rpm. The engine mounts on these models are more rigid compared to the BMW M8 for improved power transmission throughout the driveline and for more immediate turn-in during cornering. The Competition models are also equipped with the M Sport exhaust which enhances the sound emanating from the two twin 100 mm exhaust tips even further beyond the selectable sound of the M8. An M Sound Control button in the center console allows the driver to select the exhaust note which suits their desire.

The power and torque of the most powerful production engines ever made by BMW M GmbH allow the BMW M8 Coupe to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in just 3.1 seconds and the M8 Competition Coupe to accomplish the sprint in 3.0 seconds. The M8 Convertible reaches 60 mph from a standstill in 3.2 seconds and the M8 Competition Convertible equals the Coupe’s time of 3.1 seconds.

All four M8 models have an electronically limited top speed of 155 mph which can be increased to 189 mph with the optional M Driver’s Package. Besides the increased top speed, the M Driver’s Package also includes a voucher for M School driver training at one of the two BMW Performance Center driving schools, either in Spartanburg, SC or Thermal, CA.

Eight-speed M Steptronic transmission with Drivelogic

The eight-speed M Steptronic transmission transfers the BMW M8’s power to the M xDrive all-wheel drive system. The transmission is operated via the new gear selector lever or with the M shift paddles on the steering wheel. Both automatic and manual modes are available. The Drivelogic button allows the driver to select the comfort and speed of gear shifts from comfort-oriented to sport and track focused shifting.

The eight-speed M Steptronic transmission’s controller is able to adapt the shift parameters to the current driving situation by means of intelligent networking with the standard Navigation system, enabling it to take the planned route into account. Navigation data is used to downshift early, for example, when approaching an intersection in order to use engine braking to slow the car down. Likewise, the intelligent controller is able to avoid unnecessary gear shifts between two corners that follow in quick succession, making it possible to drive through at a quicker pace.

M xDrive all-wheel drive and Active M differential

The M xDrive intelligent rear-biased all-wheel drive system makes the most use of the new BMW M8’s power and torque to increase performance to near-supercar levels.

The engine’s torque is distributed between the front and rear wheels via the transfer case’s electronically-controlled multi-plate clutch before the Active M differential splits the power between the two rear wheels as needed.

The rear biased system only sends torque to the front wheels when the rear wheels reach the limit of their traction. This provides the BMW M8 driver with both a traditional rear-wheel drive driving experience and with the added traction of all four wheels when the engine’s full power output is required. The M xDrive system’s added traction also reduces the need for the DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) system to intrude, reducing power losses.

The M xDrive system allows the driver to tailor their driving experience via several available modes. The default 4WD mode focuses on providing maximum traction and controlled handling. 4WD Sport sharpens the M8’s response and agility further while sending more power to the rear wheels during dynamic driving. Deactivating DSC allows for 2WD mode which allows for a unique rear-wheel drive only mode for experienced drivers.

Chassis, suspension and steering

The chassis and suspension of the new 2020 BMW M8 models have been carefully designed and rigorously tested to blend the demands of track driving with the comfortable and luxurious street capabilities that customers have come to expect.

The perfect coordination between engine, transmission, all-wheel drive system and aerodynamics were developed and tested at locations such as the BMW Group test track in Miramas in southern France, at the winter testing center in Arjeplog, Sweden and at the famous Nürburgring Nordschleife circuit.

The BMW M8 is equipped with double-wishbone front and five-link rear suspensions with unique bushings, swivel bearings and strut tie bars to ensure accurate wheel location and reduced torque steer. Acting forces are directed through the control arms and wishbones into the suspension sub-frames and from there into the rigid body of the vehicle providing handling and agility without compromising comfort.

The standard Adaptive M Suspension uses data from body movement, road surface conditions and steering input to adjust each damper individually within milliseconds using electromagnetic valves. This ensures that the new BMW M8 is both track capable and comfortable on the road.

Three settings allow the suspension responses of the BMW M8 to be fine-tuned to the driver’s needs. Comfort mode smooths out road imperfections while still providing very high levels of handling. Sport mode sharpens the vehicle’s responses and is suitable for fast road conditions such as those found on the Nordschleife. Sport Plus is designed for maximum capabilities on race track circuits.

The Competition models feature firmer suspension settings to further improve steering and lateral responses, stiffer engine mounts, increased front negative camber for increased cornering ability and rear toe-link ball-joints instead of rubber bushings for more precise rear wheel tracking.

The electromechanical M Servotronic steering provides speed-sensitive power assistance with a variable steering ratio to provide more straight line stability, sharper turn-in response and excellent accuracy in corners. When the wheels are sharply turned, the variable steering rack’s teeth are positioned closer together, so smaller steering inputs are required allowing the BMW M8 to feel nimble on winding roads and also to be easily maneuverable in tight parking spaces. Steering response can be varied between Comfort and Sport modes which allow for varying degrees of steering feedback and effort.

New Setup button and M mode.

The BMW M8 features a new single setup button, found in the center console, which enables control over the engine, suspension, steering and xDrive settings, all of which were operated via individual control buttons in past M cars. The new setup button now also allows for control over the integrated braking system and its Comfort and Sport modes.

Pressing the setup button brings up the setup screen on the center display and allows various settings to be chosen and saved to the steering wheel-mounted M1 and M2 buttons.
    Available Setup button menu settings include:
    Engine characteristics – Efficient, Sport and Sport Plus.
    Suspension characteristics – Comfort, Sport and Sport Plus
    Steering characteristics – Comfort and Sport
    Braking characteristics – Comfort and Sport
    4WD settings – 4WD, 4WD Sport and 2WDA new M Mode button on the center console allows for the individual configuration of driver assistance settings, instrument cluster and Heap-Up display settings. The BMW M8 offers Road and Sport settings while the Competition models add an additional Track setting. Changing the mode allows for different information to be presented to the driver on the digital instrument screen and in the Head-Up display. The intervention levels of the driver assistance systems can also be reduced or turned off completely.

Default Road mode – all standard and optional driver assist systems are fully operational. Full information displays in the digital instrument display and Head-Up display.

Sport mode – activated by pressing the M mode button. Allows the driver to adjust or turn off various assist systems. The M View is activated for both the instrument cluster and Head-Up display. A tachometer, digital speed, selected gear and shift lights are displayed in the center with coolant temperature, tire pressure and longitudinal and lateral forces available to the left and right. The Head-Up display is focused on the tachometer, shift lights, selected gear, vehicle speed and navigation instructions.

Track mode – available on M8 Competition models and accessed by pressing and holding down the M mode button and is designed for use on closed tracks. Confirmation of this mode is required via the iDrive controller. Driver assistance system intervention is turned off. Additionally the audio system and center control display are turned off so the driver may concentrate on the road ahead with important information provided via the Head-Up and the digital instrument displays.

Exterior design and features

The functional details of the new BMW M8 Coupe and Convertible support the performance capabilities of the new cars as much as they lend themselves to the aggressive and beautiful design. Large openings in the front bumper support increased engine, transmission and brake cooling requirements while also imparting an aggressive visual to the newest M vehicles.

The kidney grille and side gills are finished in Black Chrome while the mirror caps, rear spoiler and rear diffuser are finished in High-Gloss black. Flanking the BMW kidney grille are standard Icon Adaptive LED headlights with Laserlight.

The M8 Coupes and Competition Coupes are equipped with a standard Carbon Fiber roof to further reduce weight from the highest point of the car and lower the M8’s center of gravity. The M8 Convertibles and M8 Competition Convertibles are equipped with a multi-layer insulated fabric soft top which is able to retract in 15 seconds at up to 30 mph while also reducing weight and lowering the center of gravity of the open top M models for improved handling.

Exterior paint finishes for all M8 models include non-metallic Alpine White and a choice of seven metallic and four Individual colors. Metallic paints include: Black Sapphire metallic, Brands Hatch Grey metallic, Sonic Blue metallic, Marina Bay Blue metallic, Donnington Grey metallic, Barcelona Blue metallic and Motegi Red metallic. Individual colors include Dravit Grey metallic, Almandin Brown II metallic, Aventurin Red metallic and Frozen Bluestone metallic.

An optional M Carbon package replaces kidney grille surrounds, mirror caps, side gills, rear spoiler and rear diffuser sections with carbon fiber components for a more motorsports oriented appearance.

Interior

The new M8 features exclusive interior appointments to set the cars apart as vehicles that occupy the very top of BMW’s model lineup. The M leather steering wheel includes M shift paddles and red M1 and M2 buttons which can be programmed with various engine, suspension, steering, xDrive and braking system modes. A new design gear shift lever with red accent sits next to the red start/stop button in the center console. Exclusive M Sport seats with illuminated M badging below the headrest area are standard. The M8 Competition models additionally feature M seatbelts with highlight stitching in BMW Motorsport colors.

Interior leather appointments include standard Extended Merino Leather in either Silverstone or Black, optional Full Merino Leather in Silverstone, Sakhir Orange/Black, Midrand Beige, Taruma Brown and Black. Optional Individual Full Merino Leather interiors in Ivory White/Night Blue or Ivory White/Tartufo can also be ordered.

Carbon Fiber interior trim is standard while Ash Grain Grey-Metallic Wood trim, Individual Ash Black Silver Wood trim and Individual Piano Black Finish trim are available as options.

The BMW M8 Coupe and M8 Competition coupe can be ordered with an Individual Alcantara headliner in matching upholstery color as an option.

Brakes, wheels and tires

The BMW M8 models are equipped with standard M compound brakes featuring drilled, vented brake disks measuring 395 mm in front and 380 mm in the rear and front, fixed, six-piston calipers and rear, floating, single-piston calipers. This system provides excellent braking stability under the heaviest of loads.

The optional M carbon ceramic brakes increase front brake disk diameter to 400 mm and with the rear 380 mm disks offer even greater stopping power combined with exceptional resistance to both heat and wear.

The M8 features the latest version of BMW M’s integrated brake-by-wire system. This system combines braking activation, brake booster and brake control functions into one compact module which saves almost 4.5 pounds over a conventional braking system, while eliminating the vacuum-based components. The electric actuator means a faster and more precise brake response and pedal feel in all road and temperature conditions. The M integrated braking system offers two settings; Comfort and Sport which can vary brake pedal feedback and response based on the wishes of the driver.

The new BMW M8 models are equipped with standard M light-allow wheels; 9.5 x 20 inches in front and 10.5 x 20 inches in rear. Non-run-flat, high-performance tires in 275/35R20 front and 285/35R20 rear provide the grip needed to cope with the very high levels of torque produced by the BMW M8’s engine.

The Competition models are equipped with special 20 inch forged M light-alloy wheels with a gloss-milled 3D structure and bicolor design which generate unique light reflections to showcase the cars’ exclusivity.

Driver Assistance Systems

The 2020 BMW M8 is available with a wide variety of standard and optional driver assistance systems. The systems really come into their own when driving longer distances by relieving the strain on the driver in monotonous situations, such as traffic jams or slow-moving traffic. They enhance comfort and safety both in urban traffic and on longer trips by providing targeted assistance in complex traffic situations. The driver assistance systems process camera images as well as the data gathered by ultrasonic and radar sensors to monitor the vehicle’s surroundings, to warn of potential hazards and to minimise the risk of an accident with corrective braking or steering inputs.

Standard equipment includes Frontal Collision Warning with City Collision Mitigation. Depending on the situation, the system can bring the vehicle to a halt to either avoid a collision or minimize its consequences.

The optional Driving Assistance Professional contains Active Blind Spot Detection, Lane Departure Warning, Surround View Camera, Parking Assistant, Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Speed Limit Information. On top of that, the Driving Assistance Professional offers comprehensive assistance for comfortable and safe driving. This package includes Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function. It can be used at speeds up to 130 mph and maintains the desired speed while taking not only the traffic situation into account, but also the selected distance to vehicles in front. If required, the system is able to brake the car to a stop then pull away again automatically after being stationary for up to 30 seconds, meaning greater comfort in stop-start traffic. Camera images and data from a front radar system are used for distance control.

Another component of the Driving Assistance Professional Package is the Lane Keeping Assistant with Active Side Collision Protection. This system is designed to help the driver guide the vehicle back onto the correct path with an active turn of the steering wheel. Besides emitting visual warning signals and causing the steering wheel to vibrate, active side collision protection also uses active steering intervention to help avoid a collision. On top of that, this package includes Extended Traffic Jam Assistant for limited access highways, which allows for even more relaxed driving at speeds lower than 40 mph during highly congested highway traffic situations. The Driving Assistance Professional Package includes evasion aid, which now also reacts to pedestrians and Front Cross Traffic Alert – which reduces the danger of a collision when maneuvering forwards towards roads that are obstructed from the driver’s view.

The latest-generation Head-Up Display.

The latest generation of the BMW Head-Up display system features a larger projection area, optimized graphics and additional content. The BMW Head-Up Display projects information directly into the driver’s field of vision where it can be assimilated without any need for them to divert their eyes from the road. This includes details of vehicle speed, speed limits and overtaking restrictions, Check Control messages, status indicators and warnings from the assistance systems, detailed route guidance and turn instructions, as well as telephone and entertainment lists. The displayed information and style can be adjusted via the new M mode button on the center console.

Live Cockpit Professional with iDrive 7

The BMW Live Cockpit Professional in the 2020 BMW M8 combines the latest-generation of the iDrive, featuring a high-resolution digital 12.3” instrument cluster display behind the steering wheel and a 10.25” center display diagonally across.

The system offers many hardware upgrades including new haptic controls on the iDrive controller, an advanced tablet-like touch interface, and stunning visualizations. The multi-modal approach of the iDrive touch controller, large touchscreen center display, cloud based voice control, and gesture control allow users to interact in the way of their choosing.

Elements of the BMW Live Cockpit Professional are the Navigation Professional system, a hard-drive-based multimedia system with 32 GB of memory and two USB ports, plus Bluetooth interfaces. The driver can be automatically detected and personal settings activated either using the traditional vehicle key or by downloading the driver’s personal settings the BMW Cloud.

BMW Connected: digital services for individual mobility.

BMW Connected is the companion app for BMW drivers. Intelligent connectivity helps users to reach their destination easily and with minimal stress – and not only from within their car; BMW Connected is an all-embracing concept designed to seamlessly connect the driver and their smartphone with their vehicle.

At the heart of it all is the Open Mobility Cloud, which allows the app to connect the car with the customer’s digital devices. These could include the iPhone and Apple Watch, smartphones and smartwatches running the Android operating system, Alexa-compatible smart devices and Google Home. For instance, the BMW Connected app can import appointments and addresses from the customer’s calendar entries straight into the navigation system to begin route guidance. The system calculates the optimum departure time based on real-time traffic information and notifies the driver with a message on their smartphone when it is time to leave. As the vehicle is linked up via the Open Mobility Cloud, it is able to access the calculated route directly when the navigation system starts up.

Standard Equipment

The M8 Coupe and Convertible come with an extensive list of standard equipment including:
    Active Guard and Active Protection – Automatic seat belt tensioning, automatic closing of windows, fatigue and focus alert, post-crash braking and Frontal Collision Warning with City Collision Mitigation
    Automatic High Beams
    Active M Differential
    M STEPTRONIC Sport Automatic Transmission
    M Carbon Roof (M8 Coupes only)
    M Sport seats with ventilation and heating.
    Live Cockpit Professional with iDrive 7 with Apple CarPlay compatibility
    Remote Engine Start
    20 inch M Double-Spoke bi-color Style 810M wheels
    Comfort Access Keyless entry and Soft-close automatic doors
    Icon Adaptive LED headlights with BMW Laserlight
    Harman-Kardon surround sound audio system
    SiriusXM satellite radio with 1year All Access subscription
    Wireless Charging and WiFi Hotspot

M8 Competition Coupe and Convertible add:

20 inch M Star-spoke bi-color Style 813M wheels
    M Competition Package -
    M Sport exhaust system
    M Seat belts
    Track setting for M mode

Optional equipment

Packages include:
    Driving Assistance Professional Package – (includes Driving Assistant Package) Extended Traffic Jam Assistant for limited access highways, Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Extended Frontal Collision Warning & Mitigation with full braking, Active Blind Spot Protection with steering, Active Lane Keeping Assist with Side-Collision Avoidance, Evasion Aid including pedestrians, Junction/Intersection warning and Emergency Stop Assistant.
    Driving Assistance Package – Parking Assistant Plus, Drive Recorder, Surround View 3D Camera, park Distance Control, Active Driving Assistant, Blind Spot Detection and Lane Departure Warning.

Stand-alone options include:
    M Carbon Ceramic brakes
    M Carbon Exterior Package
    M Driver’s Package
    20 inch M Double-spoke Style 810M wheels
    20 inch M Star-spoke Style 811M wheels
    Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System with 16 speakers.
    Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection
    Moonlight Black soft top (M8 Convertibles only)
    Neck Warmer (M8 Convertibles only)
    Individual Alcantara headliner in upholstery color.
    Individual Ash Black Silver Wood Trim
    Individual Piano Black Finish trim
    Ash Grain Grey-Metallic Wood Trim

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    M Performance Parts For the BMW M8

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Munich. In a few months’ time, with a full package of direct racing technology on board, the new BMW M8 Coupé (combined fuel consumption: 10.6–10.5 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 242–238 g/km*) and the new BMW M8 Convertible (combined fuel consumption: 10.8-10.6 l/100 km*; combined CO2 emissions: 246–241 g/km*) will be setting a new benchmark in the premium segment of high-performance sports cars suitable for everyday use. The BMW M8 GTE race car know-how is incorporated into the production model. This also applies to the accessory range of M Performance Parts. BMW presents its extensive range of M Performance Parts right from the market launch of the BMW M8 versions (440 kW/600 hp) and the even more powerful BMW M8 Competition models (460 kW/625 hp). These lend an additional touch of style to the design and sporty flair of the top BMW 8 Series models, enabling further selective customisation. In best tradition, all components are harmonised with each other as well as with the specific character of the new model. In addition to enhancing the sporty appearance of the models, the accessory options also meet functional requirements in terms of lightweight construction and aerodynamics. This is not least due to the comprehensive racing expertise contributed by BMW M GmbH to the development of M Performance Parts.

Exterior components made of carbon fibre for an even more striking appearance.

As a supplement to the optional Carbon Package, the M Performance carbon fibre exterior components round off the dynamic, elegant motor racing style of the new BMW M8. While the M Performance sill attachments give the vehicle additional length in visual terms, the M Performance carbon fibre radiator grille and M Performance carbon fibre side decorative grille guarantee a compelling front view. Developed specially for the BMW M8, these components with exposed carbon fibre finish are elaborately crafted by hand and mutually harmonised. Sealed with a clear finish and a high-gloss polish, they are UV and temperature-resistant as being car wash compatible. The same applies to the M Performance engine cover – an impressive premium racing-style eye-catcher when the bonnet is open.

Well-equipped to cope with the toughest conditions: M Performance sport brake pads.

Shorter braking distance, improved response, higher thermal resilience: the benefits of the M Performance sport brake pads are many and varied. Derived directly from the BMW Motorsport long-distance racing pads, the variants for the BMW M8 Coupé and Convertible enable more dynamic, racing-style steering when braking into a bend as compared to the standard configuration.

M Performance Pro steering wheel for a perfect grip on the action.
    When it comes to being able to fully explore the striking talents of the new BMW M8 models in terms of driving dynamics at any time, a key factor is the M Performance Pro steering wheel with carbon fibre shift paddles and carbon fibre/Alcantara – carbon fibre/leather trim. Thanks to its impressively shaped Alcantara grip areas with large thumb rests and special underlay, it guarantees excellent grip therefore a direct steering feel. With their shift symbols in bold red, the carbon fibre shift paddles – also separately available for the standard steering wheel – emphasise the racing theme, as do the blue central marking on the M Performance Pro steering wheel and its seam in the hallmark M colours of blue, red and violet. The refined motor racing ambience can be perfectly rounded off with non-slip, easy-grip M Performance floor mats made of velvet velour with leather-style surround, M Performance inscription and a pennant in the typical M colours.

Excellent protection for the interim periods between driving experiences.
    M Performance Parts even offers stylish and practical accessories for the preferably short periods in between individual trips in the fascinating BMW M8 models. The M Performance indoor car cover protects the vehicle from dirt and scratches once it has been parked in the garage, for example. The machine-washable cover made of elastic polyester and with soft, paint-friendly inner side fits perfectly over the body, highlighting various design features such as the kidney grille with printed badges and inscriptions, for example. Meanwhile, M Performance wheel bags are recommended when it comes to storing and transporting an additional set of wheels. They provide protection from soiling, ensure clear wheel allocation due to their respective markings and create a racing atmosphere in the garage at home with their hallmark M design.

26. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    [​IMG]

27. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    https://www.km77.com/coches/bmw/serie-8/2018/coupe/m8/informacion

BMW M8 Competition Coupé y M8 Competition Cabrio (2019) | Información general
    Mario Garcés (@mgarces83) y Pablo David González (@PD_Gonzalez)

BMW pondrá a la venta dos variantes de M8, Coupé y Cabrio, durante junio de 2019. Habrá dos versiones, M8 y M8 Competition, con 600 y 625 caballos respectivamente, pero a Europa sólo llegarán los M8 Competition. Serán las versión más potentes y deportivas de la gama Serie 8 Coupé y Serie 8 Cabrio. Las primeras unidades llegarán entre finales de agosto y principios de septiembre.

Exteriormente se distinguen del resto de la gama, además de por los emblemas, por unas entradas de aire más grandes en el paragolpes frontal, la parrilla con lamas dobles, aletas de la carrocería más anchas, retrovisores, alerón y difusor trasero específicos. Opcionalmente se puede añadir el paquete de elementos M Carbon, con piezas fabricadas en fibra de carbono. De este mismo material está fabricado el techo en la variante Coupé. La variante Cabrio tiene una capota textil que se pliega o despliega en 15 segundos, también con el coche en marcha a velocidad baja.

Por longitud (4,87 m) y rango de potencia, las alternativas más cercanas al Coupé aparecen aquí listadas, aunque ninguna es totalmente comparable. Uno de ellos puede ser el Aston Martin DB11 Coupe. Otro, por ejemplo el Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-AMG S 63 4MATIC+ Coupé, aunque es más grande. Las alternativas al Cabrio aparecen aquí.

[​IMG]

Los asientos de cuero tienen un diseño exclusivo. En el equipamiento de serie van incluidos la llave BMW Display Key (que tiene una pantalla informativa y desde la que se pueden activar funciones del coche), información proyectada en el parabrisas con datos adicionales al resto de la gama «específicamente M», asistente de aparcamiento y la pantalla de instrumentación BMW Live Cockpit Professional.

Se pueden añadir asistentes a la conducción acudiendo a la lista de opciones. A través del botón Setup se puede acceder a un configurador rápido que permite seleccionar el modo de funcionamiento del motor, la transmisión, el sistema de tracción total, la dirección, los amortiguadores, el pedal de freno, el sonido del escape, el control de estabilidad y la función de arranque y parada automática del motor. Para guardar las configuraciones favoritas hay dos botones de selección rápida en el volante, M1 y M2. Un botón adicional en la consola central, M Mode, permite elegir el nivel de respuesta de los asistentes y la información que ha de aparecer en el Head-up Display. Los ajustes son ROAD y SPORT en los M8, y adicionalmente TRACK en los M8 Competition.

Los M8 y M8 Competition tienen el mismo motor del BMW M5 de del BMW M5 Competition, respectivamente. En ambos casos es un V8 de gasolina con dos turbocompresores de doble entrada y 4,4 litros de cilindrada (información técnica), el primero con 600 y el segundo con 625 CV a 6000 rpm. El sistema de refrigeración es específico para adaptarlo a la carrocería del Serie 8 y en el tramo final del escape hay una válvula controlada electrónicamente para cambiar el sonido que emite. En las dos versiones el motor produce hasta 750 Nm de par máximo, constantes entre 1800 y 5800 rpm. Los M8 Coupé y Cabrio pueden acelerar de 0 a 100 km/h en 3,3 y 3,4 segundos respectivamente. Las versiones M8 Competition bajan una décima, a 3,2 y 3,3 segundos, esos tiempos de aceleración.

[​IMG]

Los soportes del motor también son más rígidos que en el resto de Serie 8. El sistema de refrigeración consta de dos circuitos de agua y de radiadiores de aceite independientes para la transmisión y para el motor (algo habitual en coches deportivos). El cárter tiene un depósito adicional de aceite en la parte frontal desde el que la bomba de aceite, controlada electrónicamente, garantiza el bombeo al motor en condiciones de aceleración extremas (las que se pueden dar en un circuito).

La caja de cambios es automática de ocho relaciones y de tipo convertidor de par, denominada M Steptronic. Admite tres modos de conducción, seleccionables a través del botón Driveselect del selector de marchas (de diseño específico): eficiente, deportiva y «ultra-dinámica». En modo manual, se maneja a través de las levas que hay detrás del volante.

El sistema de tracción total conectable, «M xDrive», cuenta con un diferencial activo en el eje trasero de ruedas, aunque BMW dice que tanto el cambio como el diferencial han sido recalibrados para darle una respuesta diferente a los M8 Competition. El sistema de tracción permite elegir entre tres modos de actuación: 4WD, 4WD Sport y 2WD. En los dos primeros, las ruedas traseras reciben la fuerza del motor y las delanteras solo en el caso de que el sistema detecte pérdidas de adherencia; en el último, toda la fuerza del motor se deriva en exclusiva a las ruedas traseras y se activa al desconectar el control electrónico de estabilidad(DSC).

El esquema de la suspensión es el mismo que el del Serie 8 Coupé, delante hay un paralelogramo deformable con dos triángulos superpuestos y detrás, paralelogramo de cinco brazos. No obstante, BMW ha hecho cambios importantes para disminuir las holguras y mejorar la precisión de guiado del vehículo. Hay una barra uniendo la parte superior de las torretas delanteras y, en la zona inferior, una plancha metálica de refuerzo que une el subchasis de la suspensión con los largueros de la carrocería. Los brazos de la suspensión trasera están reforzados y el brazo de control inferior es específico para los M8 Competition. Además, los casquillos y la barra estabilizadora trasera son más rígidos. De serie, los amortiguadores son de dureza variable y los muelles de tipo helicoidal.

[​IMG]

Los discos de freno de serie son los que BMW llama M Compound. Los denomina así porque son de tipo compuesto, esto es, que la pieza que va unida al buje de la rueda es de aluminio, mientras que la superficie de fricción es de hierro fundido (además va perforada y tiene canales de ventilación). Las pinzas delanteras son fijas y de seis pitones, mientras que las posteriores son flotantes y de un pistón. Los discos delanteros miden 395 milímetros de diámetro y los traseros, 380 mm. En opción están los discos carbocerámicos, que suponen una disminución de masa (BMW no dice cuánto, en el M5 son 23 kilogramos menos) y que los delanteros sean de 400 mm de diámetro (los traseros no cambian de tamaño). La unidad de control de los frenos, con actuador eléctrico, regula desde un único módulo la activación de los frenos, la servoasistencia y el control de la presión. El conductor puede elegir entre dos niveles de asistencia para el pedal, uno más confortable y otro más directo y preciso.

Inicialmente, BMW anunció la disponibilidad de dos tamaños de llanta, de 19 pulgadas de serie y de 20 en opción. Sin embargo, en el último comunicado de prensa, destinado a España, sólo habla del M8 Competition y dice que la equipación estándar conlleva las llantas de 20 pulgadas. Con estas últimas, las medidas de los neumáticos delanteros son 275/35 y la de los traseros, 285/35. BMW dice que ha desarrollado los M8 Competition en paralelo con el vehículo de competición M8 GTE (que participa en el campeonato World Endurance Championship de la FIA). También habrá un M8 Gran Coupé, aunque por el momento no sabemos cuándo estará disponible esta variante.

28. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86

A Gus, jangel y escopeta les gusta esto.
  29. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Menos mal que no le han puesto los riñones gigantes de la última hornada, y mucho más bonita la palanca de cambio forrada en cuero que la de cristal
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A jangel y escopeta les gusta esto.
  30. escopeta

escopeta Forista Senior Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    992GTS,M2 G87
    Vaya p*ta pasada de coche!!