Noticia Desvelado motor Nettuno del Maserati MC20

Tema en 'Foro General BMW' iniciado por ROM///M3, 11 Abr 2020.

1. ROM///M3

ROM///M3 Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
  2. *NANO*

*NANO* Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    LFA,MC12,F1
    Se trata de un bloque V6, con 3 litros y dos turbocompresores, que entrega 630 CV.

Aunque se hablaba de 600 cv para el MC20, el nuevo superdeportivo de Maserati, la buena noticia es que esa cifra, ya oficial, será aún mayor: 630 cv a 7.500 rpm, complementados por un par máximo de 730 Nm entre las 3.000 y las 5.500 vueltas.

Estos registros se extraen del nuevo motor Nettuno, desarrollado por completo en la casa del tridente, después de que finalizara el acuerdo con Ferrari para el suministro de sus mecánicas. Nada menos que 20 años después, Maserati ha desarrollado un propulsor desde cero en sus propias instalaciones.

Denominado Nettuno, se trata de un bloque V6, con 3,0 litros de cilindrada, que suma dos turbocompresores y es capaz de girar a 8.000 rpm. Su peso es inferior a 220 kilos, una cifra bastante razonable, e incluye un sistema de inyección doble, directa e indirecta, con el fin de mejorar las consumos, según el fabricante de Módena.

Este propulsor integra una solución derivada de la Fórmula 1, el sistema de combustión precámara con doble bujía. Esta cámara, que sirve para incrementar el rendimiento, se sitúa entre la bujía central y la cámara tradicional, y están conectadas por varios orificios.

También incluye un cárter seco, algo habitual en las mecánicas destinadas a superdeportivos, y puede presumir de una potencia específica de 210 CV/litro. Naturalmente, se estrenará en el MC20, un modelo que conoceremos el próximo mes de septiembre.

Más adelante, se integrará en otros vehículos de la casa, pero con menos potencia. Según Automotive News Europe, estará en el entorno de los 500/550 cv en los SUV. Sí, hablamos en plural, porque el Levante tendrá un nuevo compañero, de menores dimensiones, en 2021.

Desde luego, la gama de Maserati experimentará grandes cambios en los próximos años. También en 2021, podremos conocer la nueva generación del GranTurismo y "un deportivo descapotable", que podría ser la variante cabrio del propio MC20.

Ya para 2022, llegarán las nuevas entregas del GranCabrio y del Quattroporte, seguidos en 2023 por el nuevo Levante. Sin olvidarnos de que la electrificación jugará un papel importante en el futuro de la compañía. Ya estamos ansiosos por ver lo que una versión híbrida enchufable del V6 biturbo puede aportar en materia de potencia y prestaciones...

[​IMG]

jaudi, Juankmen, ObiWan y 2 otros les gusta esto.
  3. *NANO*

*NANO* Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    LFA,MC12,F1
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

jaudi, Juankmen, ObiWan y 2 otros les gusta esto.
  4. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Y pensar que hace poco un 3.0 lo llevaban los E46 de andar por casa... menudas ensaimadas lleva eso, con lo bien que sonaban los V8 de Maserati.

Josué, Juankmen, ObiWan y 4 otros les gusta esto.
  5. Sechs

Sechs CEO DOS CFA Moderador Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Fardier Cugnot
    Orfebrería mecánica. No me gustaría tener que meter mano ahí sin tener buen utillaje, documentación oficial y tiempo.

A ObiWan, Curro y *NANO* les gusta esto.
  6. Sechs

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Fardier Cugnot
    Permítanme que a la vista de esto y de los 200 CV/l y régimen de giro tan elevado tenga mis serias dudas sobre la fiabilidad.

Motoristas con mucha más experiencia y evolucionando bases bien conocidas cometen errores serios... no quiero ni pensar un desarrollo desde cero tan ambicioso y para una marca de tan poca tirada como Maserati.

A jaudi, Juankmen y ObiWan les gusta esto.
  7. ENRI-57

ENRI-57 Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Por encima del nivel del mar, de momento.
    Modelo:
    Ex E46, 718
    Sin duda es un motor que promete, único en el mundo. En estos tiempos de electrificaciones es un gusto ver lo que puede hacer un motor de combustión

A Juankmen y ObiWan les gusta esto.
  8. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Tiene mérito que lo hayan diseñado, pero porque Ferrari cerró el grifo, y les deseo mucha suerte, me da que este motor ha sido diseñado para hibridarlo más pronto que tarde...lo presentaran en Modena el 9/10 de Septiembre en el MC20.

PRESS RELEASE
    2 JULY 2020
    Maserati presents Nettuno: the new 100% Maserati engine that adopts F1 technology for a road car

Maserati’s new era begins with a new engine.

The new engine is the beating heart of the MC20 super sportscar that will make its world premiere in September. The unit was designed at Maserati’s Modena facilities: the Maserati Innovation Lab on Via Emilia Ovest, the workshops on Via Delle Nazioni (Maserati Corse’s historic base) and developed at the Engine Hub, situated at the famous Viale Ciro Menotti address where it will be built. Currently the new production line and new paint shop are being modified to host the much-anticipated MC20.

The new engine is the result of a technical revolution, one protected by international patents. The project was born from the passion and commitment of a team of highly-qualified technicians and engineers. After twenty years, Maserati has once again enthusiastically taken on the challenge of returning to its Modena HQ with the development and production of a new, highly-technological, high-performance engine.

The operation is a strategic one for Maserati, a brand that, today, is preparing to launch the new MC20, a project that is ‘100% Made in Modena’ starting right from it’s engine, the heart of the new car.

An ambitious design, which represents a historic moment for the company, a new era that will officially begin on September 9 and 10 in Modena during the event, "MMXX: The time to be audacious". At the launch, new models will be revealed, which will go into production in the coming years, and innovative propulsion systems as well as ambitious programmes developed by the Casa del Tridente will be announced.

The new power unit is a V90° architecture, with a 3-litre, 6-cylinder twin-turbo, and features a dry sump (a classic solution on super sportscars). It delivers 630CV at 7500rpm and 730 Nm of torque from 3000rpm with a specific power output of 210CV/litre. The compression ratio is 11:1, the stroke is 82 mm and the bore 88 mm. The soul of the engine is the innovative pre-chamber combustion system featuring twin-spark plugs. This technology is derived from Formula 1 and is now available, for the first time, on an engine destined for the road.

The engine has three main features:

The pre-chamber: a combustion chamber is set between the central electrode and the traditional combustion chamber and connected by a series of specially-designed holes.
    Lateral sparkplug: a traditional sparkplug acts as a support to ensure constant combustion when the engine is operating at a level that doesn’t need the pre-chamber to kick in.
    Twin injection system – direct and indirect: linked to the fuel supply pressure at 350bar, the system reduces noise low down on the rev range, lowering emissions and improving consumption.

It is strategically important and supported by the Innovation Lab, which, thanks to virtual analysis, has allowed development and planning times to be notably reduced.

The new “Made in Modena” engine, a traditional 90° V6, has been taken to unheard of power and torque levels and will be used for the first time on the MC20 super sportscar. The MC20 will take Maserati back to the world of racing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

A ObiWan y Curro les gusta esto.
  9. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Este es el sistema que lleva :pompous:

A ObiWan y Curro les gusta esto.
  10. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Y ya que estamos con motorillos italianos curiosos, el 1.3 tricilíndrico de 2 tiempos de Ferrari, desarrollado como prueba para montar un V6 con 2 de ellos :pompous:

Did You Know Ferrari Once Built A Supercharged Three-Cylinder?

[​IMG]

If you’ve ever been to Ferrari’s Museum in Maranello, you may have come across an engine unlike any other from Ferrari’s history; a tiny, 1.3-liter three-cylinder two-stroke engine that is supercharged. Yes, a three-cylinder, nothing like the V8s and V12s which Ferrari builds exclusively nowadays for its road cars.

In this video from Drive Tribe, we discover that Ferrari built this compact three-cylinder back in the early 1990s as a test bed for a two-stroke six-cylinder. It figured that if it successfully developed a three-cylinder, it could essentially join two together to make a supercharged two-stroke V6.

Although two-stroke engines have largely fallen out of favor due to their inefficiency and narrow powerband, Ferrari’s was a little different. It used twin-port fuel injection rather than a carburetor like a normal two-stroke, as well as exhaust valves controlled by a camshaft. As for the supercharger, it helped to overcome some of the pitfalls of a two-stroke by pumping more air into the cylinders while also helping to flush out the exhaust gasses, increasing the efficiency of combustion.

It remains unclear just why this Ferrari engine never made it to production. The presenter believes that at the time, there wasn’t the right technology to ensure such an engine would be clean enough. It also wouldn’t have had enough power for a Ferrari as, in three-cylinder form, reportedly produced just 130 hp. However, it is claimed the Italian automaker did consider turbocharging it so it could deliver upwards of 216 hp, which would double to 432 hp as a six-cylinder.

A Curro le gusta esto.
  11. Curro

Curro Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 Coupe 2.8
    Parece buena cosa, me gustaría oírlo a 8k vueltas.

A Juankmen, juaesgi y *NANO* les gusta esto.
  12. *NANO*

*NANO* Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    LFA,MC12,F1
    ¿Y oír uno de tu propiedad? Vamos Curro, tira la casa por la ventana y hazte con uno :pasta:

A Curro le gusta esto.
  13. Curro

Curro Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 Coupe 2.8
    Yo soy de hierros, llevo siglos sin comprar algo de más de 10k euros.

A *NANO* y ObiWan les gusta esto.
  14. Antuanet

Antuanet Forista

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    //M
    Seguro que es un motorazo, pero un Maserati sin V8...

15. Pichon82

Pichon82 Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    cabrio v8 y M3
    Pues tiene una pinta estupenda,alomejor pruebo uno en el M coche de carreras:floor::floor:NO CREO QUE Vlg MUCHO

16. ObiWan

ObiWan Dying alive Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club
    3 litros, biturbo, tecnologías adoptadas de F1, Maserati, ¿qué puede salir mal?.

Tendrán que regalar el plan de asistencia en carretera y coche de sustitución para 10 años si quieren vender alguno y que los clientes se queden tranquilos.

A Luis garcia sanchez y jagus les gusta esto.
  17. Gulf627

Gulf627 Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    E86/S54-F20/B58
    Según videos que he visto no es el mismo sistema de precamara, el inyector está en la cámara de combustión.

La precamara tiene un diseño un tanto extraño y no estoy seguro si el motor de serie realmente tendrá esa precamara con un canal tan largo y orificios a la cámara de combustión casi del mismo diámetro que el canal principal.

Algo raro le veo :pompous:

Ganas de verlo funcionar y que alguien lo compre y desmonte :D

A jagus le gusta esto.
  18. 392C

392C Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    320I E92
    Parece ser, o eso entiendo tras ver el vídeo, que sólo hay un inyector, a diferencia de Mahle, y es por la carrera de compresión durante la que parte de la mezcla entra en la precamara para ser posteriormente encendida . Es decir 2 bujias-1 inyector

19. Sechs

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Fardier Cugnot
    Pues un Maserati sin un V8 lo tienes aquí:

[​IMG]

A Basse Corniche y Juankmen les gusta esto.
  20. Antuanet

Antuanet Forista

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    //M
    Bueeenooo me refería a los modernos guays, como el GT que es una pasada.

21. Sechs

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Fardier Cugnot
    Ya, yo hablaba de tradición.

A Basse Corniche le gusta esto.
  22. Antuanet

Antuanet Forista

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    //M
    Ahh bueno, entonces este foro debería llamarse BMW M3 E30 & E46 :D

23. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    No tengo ni idea de mecánica :LOL:, puse el vídeo porque lo decían en Jalopnik...

https://jalopnik.com/maserati-is-betting-its-future-on-this-new-v6-1844238385

Maserati Is Betting Its Future On This New V6

[​IMG]
    A couple of months ago Maserati let everyone know that it was not only continuing to develop its MC20 supercar, but that it is developing its first 100 percent in-house engine design for it. This new engine has an exciting new name; “Nettuno”. Ooooh. Aaaah. It’s a 621 horsepower/538 lb-ft twin-turbo three-liter V6, and according to Maserati it uses “Formula One technology” to do it.

Ferrari has already announced that it will eventually phase out building engines for Maserati products, which leaves Maser between a rock and a hard place. Luckily, while it still has some Ferrari drivetrains coming in, the company is investing in developing replacements. The Nettuno is the first of those new engines.

[​IMG]

On September 9th and 10th, Maserati will host an event fully unveiling the MC20 sports car and detailing the future of the brand. “At the launch, new models will be revealed, which will go into production in the coming years, and innovative propulsion systems as well as ambitious programmes developed by the Casa del Tridente will be announced,” says Maserati.

The new engine announced on Wednesday is the beginning of that ambitious move forward for the brand. The 90 degree V6 will have all of the signs of a modern sports car engine, including dual overhead cams, 11:1 compression, dry sump oiling, an oversquare stroke ratio, and an 8,000 rpm redline. It has a really neat modern tech feature that separate it from a run-of-the-mill engine, however.

That tech is the so-called F1-derived pre-chamber ignition. With one injector pushing fuel into the pre-chamber and another pumping directly into the combustion chamber, the spark plug is placed in the pre-chamber to ignite the pre-chamber and shove a number of jets of burn into the combustion chamber, giving a more even distribution of explosive force. It’s difficult to explain in words, so check out Mahle’s video showing their integration of the tech. It’s fascinating.

The Maserati Nettuno has a second lateral sparkplug aimed into the combustion chamber. This allows the engine to provide constant combustion when it isn’t operating at full power levels and doesn’t need the pre-chamber to bang.

That jet ignition allows the new V6 to produce 207 horsepower per liter. It’s a pretty high specific output, to be fair, but doesn’t come even close to topping the charts. That honor belongs to Koenigsegg’s Jesko with 315.7 hp per liter.

While it will appear in the mid-engine MC20 first, there’s no telling what else Maserati will put this engine into. I hope that it becomes analogous to McLaren’s twin-turbo V8, and powers everything the company makes in various displacements, hybrid add-ons, and boost pressures.

24. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Y ahora Road & Track dice que el Nettuno comparte bastantes piezas de los motores Ferrari F154 V8 y Alfa Romeo 690T

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/a33078911/maserati-nettuno-v6-part-sharing/

Maserati's All-New Twin-Turbo V-6 Actually Shares a Ton of Parts with Ferrari and Alfa

The new Nettuno V-6 has a unique head, but also has obvious links to other FCA products.

BY BOZI TATAREVIC
    JUL 2, 2020

[​IMG]
    MASERATI
    Maserati is quite proud of its new “Nettuno” 3.0 liter twin-turbo V-6 and the technical advancements its engineers made. The company recently released some specs on the engine and was quick to note in the first line of the press release that the engine is “100% Maserati." But after looking at some of the details that's not quite the case.

Glancing at pictures of the engine reveals many familiar components. It’s not hard to see the connection to the Ferrari F154 V-8 engine and the Alfa Romeo 690T engine, a V-6 variant of the F154 that's found in the Alfa Romeo Giulia and Stelvio Quadrifoglio.

[​IMG]
    The rear of the Nettuno engine.
    MASERATI
    The Nettuno specs list a 90-degree angle for the engine, a match for the F154. A cursory glance of the rear also shows a layout that is very similar to Ferrari's V-8. The 88mm bore and 82mm stroke are a direct match for the F154 as found in the SF90 Stradale. The rev limit of 8,000 RPM is also a match for the SF90, which leads us to believe that development of the Nettuno may have started by removing two cylinders from that engine. The firing order of 1-6-3-4-2-5 for the Nettuno is also the same as the firing order of the F154-based V-6 found in Alfa Romeo vehicles.

[​IMG]
    MATTI BLUMEWIKIMEDIA COMMONS
    The most apparent connection to the F154 can be seen from the rear. The bottom right corner of the rear cover uses the same bolt pattern and flanges on the side of the block, similarly placed to the Ferrari engine. The same crankshaft position sensor and mounting can also be seen in the valley of the engine.

[​IMG]
    MASERATI
    Another common item shows up directly above that sensor. The oil filter housing and mounting pattern is shared between the F154 and the Nettuno. The housing is a match for the one found in the California T, based on the used engine photo above.

[​IMG]
    MASERATI
    The front of the engine offers more clues. The image above compares a Nettuno engine with an F154 from a Ferrari California T. The crankshaft pulley matches those seen on various F154 variants and a look behind it shows that much of the casting for the front cover is a good match, most notably what appears to be a coolant passage directly above and to the left of that crankshaft pulley. The supports for the deck of the block are also visible and appear to be cast in the same manner.

[​IMG]
    MASERATI
    While all of those external hints might be enough to deduce a connection, the real clue comes from a video Maserati released that shows the deck of the cylinder block. The image above shows that the arrangement of the cylinders, liners, and passages is an exact match for the F154, with the main difference being a set of cylinders chopped off from the rear to turn it into a V-6.

[​IMG]
    COURTESY
    Comparing that block to an F154 block that was pulled out of the California T confirms the matches and shows that the main difference is really just two missing cylinders. Even the some of the bosses for the bolts in the valley appear to be the same, which explains why things like the oil filter housing are able to transfer.

[​IMG]
    MASERATI

The Nettuno does run an 11:1 compression ratio which does not match any Ferrari engine, and that is likely due to the head design. The heads are unique and appear to be a completely new development by Maserati. They feature dual spark plugs and a “pre-chamber,” which is a small combustion chamber that is connected to the traditional combustion chamber by a series of uniquely designed holes. This “pre-chamber” system is based on Formula One technology.

This tech has been around for some and was first used in a more basic form by Honda in the 1970's Civic CVCC. The technology for Formula One was developed my Mahle to allow engines to run more efficiently without becoming dangerously lean. Ars Technica dug into the tech back in 2016 and has a helpful diagram of the arrangement of the spark plugs in their story.

[​IMG]
    A better look at the pre-chamber.
    MASERATI
    While this technology has existed for some time, Maserati customized it for this engine and created a novel arrangement for the head design. They applied for a patent for the technology back in 2018 and the inventors listed on the patent give us a hint as to Ferraris' involvement.

The first inventor on the list is Fabio Bedogini. According to LinkedIn he has been employed by Ferrari since 2009 for engine development and still works there. He was previously employed by diesel engine builder VM Motori as an innovation manager, a position that was probably helpful in developing this pre-chamber technology as it has existed in diesel engines for some time. Gianluca Pivetti is also listed on the patent application. He is a former Ferrari engineer who now heads up gasoline powertrains at Maserati and is one of the leads on this new Nettuno engine. Stefano Magistrali, Ettore Musu, and Paolo Zolesi are also listed on the application and all are part of the powertrain team at Maserati. From the F1 side we have Davide Mazzoni. He was formerly an experimental engine development engineer for the Ferrari F1 team along with some stints at Ducati for engine development before joining Maserati in 2013.

[​IMG]
    The A/C compressor is shared with Alfa Romeo
    MASERATI
    While the cylinder head design is unique and the patent shows that Maserati has done large scale development on its own, the engine has a large basis on the F154 V-8. The big difference now is that this new engine will be assembled by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, not by Ferrari. That also means that other bits around the engine have been borrowed from the FCA stable. One of these items clearly visible is the A/C compressor, part number 50537067, a direct match for the unit found on the Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio models. There's even an Alfa Romeo logo visible on it. The alternator is also visible as Denso part number 670050552, another part directly from the Alfa Romeo vehicles.

[​IMG]
    The Nettuno’s alternator is also used on Alfa Romeos.
    MASERATI
    Some of its external components have also been borrowed from the F154. One of those is the camshaft position sensor which shows a part number of 0232103076. This sensor is used by a variety of V-8 Ferraris along with some current Maseratis.

[​IMG]
    The cam senor in question.
    MASERATI
    The Nettuno does divert from the Ferrari engine since it uses both direct injection and port injection while the latest variant of the F154 only uses direct, but the supply for the fuel systems on both appears to be configured in a similar manner. The Nettuno receives 350 bar of fuel pressure much like the F154 in the SF90 Stradale. The Nettuno appears to be the third engine to use that pump configuration, as the 812 Superfast was the first to have a 350 bar spec for the supply to its V-12.

While Maserati has done significant development in-house, particularly with the novel head design, it's clear that the engine has roots in the Ferrari F154. While parts of this engine are unique and certainly "100% Maserati," the entire engine is not.

A 392C le gusta esto.
  25. 392C

392C Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    320I E92
    Menudo owned!!

26. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
  27. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A jaudi le gusta esto.
  28. Gus

Gus Tali-bahn Administrador Coordinador

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    i3/Z3/MiniE/X1
  29. Guancho

Guancho Clan Leader Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Sardina
  30. Barbinski

Barbinski Hybrid tester Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Q5-Q3sb-S2R1000
    Como dicen con los lanzamientos de Maserati, hay que esperarse al MkII para lanzarse a comprarlo....de segunda mano...

Compartir esta página