Noticia El expresidente de Nissan huye de Japón a Líbano para eludir la investigación por corrupción

Tema en 'Foro General BMW' iniciado por botminik, 31 Dic 2019.

1. botminik

botminik Clan Leader Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club
    A Eduma le gusta esto.
  2. Gavira

Gavira Tr3s españoles, cu4tro opiniones. Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    CX5 2.5i AWD ⚡
    Que se venga a España, aquí todos inmunes.

Sechs, ObiWan, Ibi-TDI y 3 otros les gusta esto.
  3. Carretillas

Carretillas Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Serie 4 i30
    Y con su paga

A ObiWan, Gavira y Eduma les gusta esto.
  4. urogallo 2005

urogallo 2005 En Practicas

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    3 GT
    aqui se fugan tambien.saludos desde el norte

Sechs, Karkoms, ObiWan y otra persona les gusta esto.
  5. BLUEBIRD

BLUEBIRD Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    A ObiWan le gusta esto.
  6. rotondator

rotondator JAVI METAL Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Vespino alx
    Como cambian las culturas, antes se haría el harakiri por la deshonra

Sechs, marrero1970, pedregall y 5 otros les gusta esto.
  7. Ibi-TDI

Ibi-TDI Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    No tiene pinta de japones, habra mamado otra clase de cultura....
    Igual es un Misho de la vida. Conoces a Misho, el pez?

Última edición: 31 Dic 2019
    A ObiWan y rotondator les gusta esto.
  8. 392C

392C Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    320I E92
    Posiblemente la cultura del pelotazo. Que se venga a España que le damos un puesto en política

A Sechs, ObiWan y botminik les gusta esto.
  9. rotondator

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Vespino alx
    Nop

A ObiWan le gusta esto.
  10. Ibi-TDI

Ibi-TDI Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    [​IMG]

Juankmen, AMM5, ObiWan y 2 otros les gusta esto.
  11. ENRI-57

ENRI-57 Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Por encima del nivel del mar, de momento.
    Modelo:
    Ex E46, 718
    El fulano en cuestión es Carlos Ghosn, que fue Ceo de Nissan Motor Co. Ltd., Renault, y presidente de AvtoVAZ. Nació en Brasil pero tiene nacionalidad libanesa, francesa,brasileña y nigeriana. Fue detenido en Tokio el 19 de noviembre de 2018 por supuesto fraude fiscal y evasión fiscal.
    Y eso de que la justicia esta amañada, es lo mismo que dicen algunos aquí, cuando las cosas les van mal...

Última edición: 31 Dic 2019
    A ObiWan y rotondator les gusta esto.
  12. rotondator

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Vespino alx
    :descojon:

A ObiWan le gusta esto.
  13. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Se ha pirado en jet privado al Líbano ya que tiene la nacionalidad, pasó allí su juventud y le consideran un heroe, está con su mujer en casa con vigilantes armados e imagino que con toda la pasta que se ha llevado no salga de allí... cuando le detuvieron pusieron carteles en solidaridad con él [​IMG]

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/30/business/carlos-ghosn-left-japan.html
    Carlos Ghosn, Fallen Nissan Boss, Flees Japan to Escape ‘Political Persecution’
    Mr. Ghosn, who was facing charges of financial wrongdoing, said from Lebanon that he would “no longer be held hostage by a rigged Japanese justice system.”

[​IMG]

Dec. 31, 2019

Carlos Ghosn, the former chairman of Nissan who was facing charges of financial wrongdoing in Japan, has fled the country and taken refuge in Lebanon, where he is considered something of a folk hero, to escape what he called “injustice and political persecution.”

His flight was a dramatic turn in the already unlikely story of the rise and fall of one of the automobile industry’s most prominent executives.

Mr. Ghosn, who has strongly maintained his innocence, was set to stand trial in 2020, and the circumstances under which he left Japan were not immediately clear. He had posted bail of $9 million and was under close watch by the authorities.

Still, he was able to get out of the country and, according to a Lebanese newspaper, Al-Joumhouriya, arrived in Lebanon on a private jet from Turkey. His wife, Carole Ghosn, is with him in Lebanon at a home with armed guards outside, a person with knowledge of the matter said.

Junichiro Hironaka, Mr. Ghosn’s lawyer in Japan, said on Tuesday that he had been unaware of Mr. Ghosn’s plans to flee and learned about the departure from the news. Mr. Hironaka said Mr. Ghosn’s legal team had all three of his passports in their possession.

“It would have been difficult for him to do this without the assistance of some large organization,” Mr. Hironaka said at a news conference, adding, “I want to ask him, ‘How could he do this to us?’”

Representatives for Nissan, the Japanese prosecutors and the Lebanese embassies in Tokyo and Washington did not immediately respond to requests for comment. Government offices and most businesses in Japan were closed ahead of New Year’s Day, the most important holiday on the Japanese calendar.

Mr. Ghosn, 65, is a citizen of Lebanon, where he is legally protected from extradition, as well as of France and Brazil. He spent much of his youth in Beirut and enjoys widespread public support there. A billboard in the city expressed solidarity with the imprisoned executive shortly after his arrest in November 2018: “We are all Carlos Ghosn,” it read.

He was accused by the Japanese authorities of underreporting his compensation and shifting personal financial losses to Nissan. The company had also been indicted on charges of improperly reporting Mr. Ghosn’s income — and had said it would cooperate with prosecutors.

Mr. Ghosn had been arrested along with Greg Kelly, a Nissan board member who is a United States citizen. Mr. Kelly had been released from jail a year ago because he was having health problems, and is still in Tokyo, his lawyer said.

“Greg Kelly knew absolutely nothing about this until informed by the media through his counsel and has lived at the foot of the cross in terms of Japanese prosecutors,” Mr. Kelly’s lawyer, Aubrey Harwell, said. “He’s done precisely what has been required of him.”

Mr. Ghosn has been in and out of jail in Japan since his arrest, after which he was initially held for more than 100 days. He was released after he posted bail and agreed to strict conditions: He could not leave Tokyo, and his movements would be monitored. He was arrested again in April, just after he announced plans to hold a news conference and speak publicly about his case.

Prosecutors imposed another condition for his release after the April arrest: Mr. Ghosn was forbidden from communicating with his wife. For seven months, the two did not speak a word to each other.

Mrs. Ghosn has publicly decried what she called the mistreatment of her husband by the Japanese authorities. In an interview with The New York Times after the April arrest, she said the authorities had burst into their apartment and taken her phones, passport, diary and letters she had written to her husband while he was in jail.

reams of information that Japanese prosecutors gathered from Nissan to build their case against Mr. Ghosn.

Mr. Ghosn’s defense team had repeatedly spoken out about what they described as a “hostage justice” system, complaining that Japanese courts and prosecutors had put their client at an almost impossible disadvantage as he sought to defend himself.

“I wanted to prove he was innocent,” Mr. Hironaka said on Tuesday. “But when I saw his statement in the press, I thought ‘he doesn’t trust Japan’s courts.’”

Prosecutors, in turn, have argued that they are prevented from sharing some of the material the company gave them because it is “too sensitive.”

Mr. Ghosn’s rise in the auto industry was as storied as his recent fall. He joined the French automaker Renault in 1996 as executive vice president overseeing manufacturing, purchasing, research and development, after spending 18 years at Michelin, the tire maker.

After Renault acquired a large stake in Nissan in 1999, Mr. Ghosn was sent to help turn the Japanese company around — an assignment that was seen as impossible for a foreign executive. Though he closed factories and laid off some 21,000 workers, Mr. Ghosn succeeded in reviving the Japanese carmaker. His efforts in the industry have earned him the nickname “Le Cost Killer.”

He was also the architect of Nissan’s alliance with Renault and Mitsubishi Motors of Japan, a partnership that allowed the two automakers to share the cost of developing new models and buying components together. He became the first person to simultaneously serve as chief executive of two major companies.

But some at Nissan were concerned that he was pushing for a merger, and he had blamed his arrest on “plot and treason” by executives at Nissan.

Since his arrest, he has been removed as chairman of all three companies, and Renault, Nissan and Mitsubishi have struggled to reboot their alliance. Last month, they announced a new structure, appointing a general secretary at the top of their partnership, hoping to accelerate business and make a sharp break from the way Mr. Ghosn ruled over the alliance.

The restructuring comes as Renault, Nissan and Mitsubishi, which together sold more cars than any other company in 2018, struggle to improve profitability in the face of sweeping changes transforming the industry, including the rush to electric vehicles. All three companies have reported a steep decline in sales worldwide, and face fresh challenges as other automakers join forces to generate efficiencies in an increasingly tough global market.

A ObiWan le gusta esto.
  14. ObiWan

ObiWan Dying alive Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Ese tío tiene de japonés lo que yo de Siffredi.

15. 392C

392C Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    320I E92
    Carlos Ghosn es hijo de padres libaneses, pero ahora es Carlos Ghost

A AMM5 y Sechs les gusta esto.
  16. hector8

hector8 Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    335d E91
    Menudo pájaro...

17. Yitzak

Yitzak Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Pues nada, a vivir en el Líbano y a disfrutar de lo ganado.

18. PacoX1

PacoX1 Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    4 Ruedas
    Al mejor Roldan, Bárcenas, Ruiz Mateos, Urdangarin, El Bigotes, Granados,.... También son de Líbano y no nos hemos enterado.

Que manía de mezclar churras con merinas... Y todo acaba con temas raciales... Los HDLGP nacen donde quieren....y aquí no vamos descalzos.

Ahh y el Dioni...

A Bola8 le gusta esto.
  19. Garvan90

Garvan90 Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    mar*ca el último :floor: vamonos que llueve :panic:

A Gavira le gusta esto.
  20. Ibi-TDI

Ibi-TDI Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Tu eras nehro no? Algo si tienes que ver xD

A ObiWan le gusta esto.
  21. rotondator

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Vespino alx
    Un día coincidí con Rocco, que envidia me tiene

A ObiWan le gusta esto.
  22. RUSTAM43

RUSTAM43 Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    996-Jaguar XF
    Acabo de regresar después de dejar a mi hijo en una fiesta que se celebraba en un chaletaco de Alpedrete a eso de las seis de la tarde. Entre tantos, me ha dado la bienvenida y alcanzado una copa un señor entrado en años, altivo y elegante aunque feo de coj*nes, rodeado por tres monumentos que se parecía una barbaridad al hombre del que habláis. El caso es que después de abandonar la casa tras disfrutar de un baño con el consiguiente refrigerio en la piscina climatizada sin saber muy bien dónde me metía, he sido perseguido por dos coches pequeños de marca y matrícula francesa atestados de japoneses blandiendo catanas, que proferían una barbaridad de blasfemias ininteligibles. A pesar de que me han disparado en multitud de ocasiones y tratado de sacar de la carretera durante al menos dos horas, he conseguido tras celebrar el escape con dos morenas que acababan de dar buena cuenta de las uvas en el chino según se cruza el puente de la vía sentido Madrid, llegar a mi p*to hogar sano y salvo. ¡Buuuufff!
    El caso es que, en estos momentos me encuentro en pelotas frente a la pantalla del ordenador bebiendo una cerveza, intentado buscar la forma de explicarle el maldito incidente a mi mujer.
    ¡Putos terroristas!

Última edición: 1 Ene 2020
    A ObiWan y marrero1970 les gusta esto.
  23. 392C

392C Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    320I E92
    Si era ininteligible, ¿ como sabías que eran blasfemias?

24. RUSTAM43

RUSTAM43 Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    996-Jaguar XF
    Porque todo lo japonés suena a lo mismo. Muy mal, sobre todo si se pronuncia a voz en grito.

25. Juankmen

Juankmen Doc

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    M7
    Ese es tan Japonés como yo..

Compartir esta página