fiat X1/9 bertone

Tema en 'Foro General BMW' iniciado por dequincey, 29 Jul 2021.

1. dequincey

dequincey Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    be em be e neun
    precioso, a mi juicio

no se porque que se parece a un poche 914,...

---

Designed by famous italian car designer Marcello Gandini, the X1/9 features sharp edge 70’s styling with a transverse engine and gearbox in a mid-mounted, rear-wheel drive configuration.

Built by Fiat from 1972-1982 & then Bertone from 1982-1989, this small two seater was marketed as an affordable sports car with the same great looks, mid-engined, rear wheel drive fun you could expect from the more expensive Lamborghini and Ferrari options. In fact, at that moment in time, thanks to its sublime handling and fantastic wedge looks the X1/9 was often nicknamed the ‘baby Ferrari'

Unlike it’s more expensive friends however, the design of the X1/9 also allowed front and rear luggage compartments meaning it was great to drive and practical.

Quirky features such as the rev counter revving the opposite way (anti-clockwise) and removable hardtop just add to it’s italian charm.

[​IMG]

THE HISTORY

This 1988 Bertone built model has the later 5 speed manual gearbox and 1500cc engine producing 84hp.

This Bertone built X1/9 was first registered on 1st August 1988 out of Speedwell Garage Whitton, Twickenham and spent almost 22 years on the roads of Surrey before heading to Gloucestershire and then eventually to Devon where it’s been loved and cared for. Throughout its life, the car has always been garaged by its owner.

The current owner is only the 4th and is only selling, alongside another vehicle, to help finance a property refurbishment.

[​IMG]

THE PAPERWORK

There’s plenty of paperwork included, MOT certificates from its birth to current year, with only a few not included, but what is available should warrant the low mileage. The reg plate F40 NLB is included on the sale, giving it even more the "baby Ferrari" flare. The

The majority of the mechanical history is from the last 6 years, it’s obvious that in previous years this vehicle was cherished and as such nothing was overlooked. Brakes, tyres, exhaust, carburettor, cambelt on top to name a few.

Also included is a collection of previous tax discs, technical data handbook, workshop manual, original owners handbook and original invoice of sale from 1988! The car will also come with 2 sets of original keys.

[​IMG]

THE INTERIOR
    Interior-wise, it's very tidy. The seats are in great order, the plastic dash and instrument panel looks as good as the day it was made with only a couple, not really noticeable, marks on the glove box. Gear knobs, carpet, dash buttons and the original radio are also in great order.
    The front storage compartment, used for the roof when removed, is known for trapping moisture but as evident in the photos, it’s in very good order. Same goes for the rear boot - no sign of anything undesirable, a really great example of the X1/9.
    Sitting in this vehicle gives you a true appreciation to Bertone and their contribution to the 70’s & 80’s sports car market.
    [​IMG]

THE EXTERIOR

Praise continues to the exterior, the two-tone paint doesn't appear to be factory but it looks in good order with only a few blemishes and paint chips around two upper parts of windscreen, door handles, and a very small section of the underside of the bonnet. There’s also a couple small scratches on the front bumper corner, and drivers rear quarter panel. In regards to rust, the seller advises us there is little, if any, to speak of, with the wheel arches also in a fine condition. Those who know their X1/9's will appreciate that this is a rare commodity.

The two-tone, red over black paint scheme looks fantastic, it may not be factory so a refurbishment may have happened in previous ownership but it looks splendid. The 70’s wedge look just works so well with this paint scheme. The wheels were subject to refurbishment and treated to a fresh powder coat in September 2020.

Overall, the photos show that this vehicle is in really good order, a quick search online will tell you they are very hard to find in this type of condition.

[​IMG]

THE MECHANICS
    It starts with no hesitation, and the current owner confirms it runs smooth. drives fine and maintains good oil pressure. There's a bit of noise from the exhaust and engine too, the good type of noise. The seller advises us that all of the electrics are working well, especially those pop-up lights.
    As stated above there’s a lot of recent history, looking through the documentation, the running gear was clearly thoroughly inspected on a regular basis to ensure it met previous owners high standards.

[​IMG]

THE APPEAL

The current owner confesses to be extremely picky when purchasing vehicles - "Only purchasing well cherished low mileage examples". This X1/9 is no different.

Becoming increasingly rare, the Fiat, or Bertone X1/9 is a quirky, unique sports car, with a lot going for it. The list of positives of this specific X1/9 is huge but the main appeal is that it will be difficult to find one in as good condition with the same low miles.

Hopefully it’s body work and mechanics are likely to not need your attention or money for some time, thanks to its prior care, so you’ll get more chances to drive and enjoy this wonderful car.

Roof off, sun out, there’s very few cars out there that will give you as much enjoyment for your money, the hair pins and rolling hills of Tuscany are figuratively just a Bertone X1/9 away.

FRRR, Curro, jazza y 2 otros les gusta esto.
  2. Gus

Gus Tali-bahn Administrador Coordinador

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    i3/Z3/MiniE/X1
    Me gusta mucho, me pasa como con el 914: hace un par de años coincidí con uno inmaculado en unas tandas en el Jarama....estaba nuevo.

3. Barbinski

Barbinski Hybrid tester Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Q5-Q3sb-S2R1000
    Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club
    La idea original era esta:

El RUnabout

[​IMG]

Y acabó en Targa.

Curro, marcoastur, dequincey y otra persona les gusta esto.
  4. nebur

nebur 11 mayo , lakdd Galicia . Ver punto de encuentro Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Mayorista
    Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club
    Que retrovisores mas raros , bueno pa lo que usan ..

5. avanti

avanti En Practicas

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    F11 530d xDrive
    dequincey, de otra época ... de cuando los coches se fabricaban por el puro placer de conducirlos rápido.

6. topegun

topegun Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Pues es precioso

7. topegun

topegun Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Y el de rally, con el periscopio[​IMG][​IMG]

A Curro le gusta esto.
  8. dequincey

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    be em be e neun
    otra epoca ? hombre es del año 85,
    yo lo veo contemporaneo ;-)
    tiene pinta de ser muy divertido eso si

A avanti le gusta esto.
  9. avanti

avanti En Practicas

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    F11 530d xDrive
    Si, de otra época. Tanto a niveles de seguridad, ya que ahora mismo este Fiat no pasaría ningún test de EURO NCAP, ni económicos, ya que por ejemplo utilizaría una plataforma exclusiva para el.

10. dequincey

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    be em be e neun
    na, moderno, no me convences, yo estoy en el 71, a partir de ahi los veo estratosfericos

11. Curro

Curro Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 Coupe 2.8
    Siempre se me pareció al Stratos.

A dequincey le gusta esto.
  12. ENRI-57

ENRI-57 Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Por encima del nivel del mar, de momento.
    Modelo:
    Ex E46, 718
    [​IMG]

A FRRR le gusta esto.
  13. dequincey

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    be em be e neun
    esto es precioso, mereceria la pena comprar un x de calle y fabricar esa monada

14. dequincey

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    be em be e neun

lo veo lastrado por esos parachoques americanizados

me pregunto si “lo demas es transporte” lo que diran de las lavadoras actuales

Compartir esta página