Video Mazda MX-5 (NA): Record 2.900 horquillas en 12 horas

Tema en 'Foro General BMW' iniciado por cybermad, 17 Sep 2019.

1. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Este record es de los que molan, y nada mejor que un Miata para redondear las horquillas, ha superado el anterior record en... 1.400 horquillas más.
    Para que sea válido el record, las horquillas tienen que tener entre 150º y 180º, y estos lo consiguieron cerrando el paso de la montaña Kaunertal en Austria, lo hicieron turnándose entre 4 pilotos: Jan Spieb, Niki Schelle, Stefan Novitzki y para finalizar la hazaña al volante la piloto de competición Cyndie Allemann :chulo:

Última edición: 17 Sep 2019
    A Curro, Gus y Juankmen les gusta esto.
  2. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mazda MX-5 Breaks A Record You Never Knew Existed, Always Wanted To Try
    BY CRISTIAN GNATICOV | POSTED ONSEPTEMBER 16, 2019

Driving a properly balanced, RWD sports car on a twisty mountain road is a must experience for every true motoring enthusiast. Even better if you can do that while also breaking a world record, just like Mazda did with a first-gen MX-5.

On the night of July 17, the Japanese automaker was allowed to close the Kaunertal mountain pass in Austria, and they used it to set a new record for the most hairpins driven by a car in 12 hours. As mentioned above, the weapon of choice was an MX-5 Mk1, modified by the ‘Mazda Garage’ team. It was put through its paces by racing drivers Cyndie Allemann and Jan Spieb, rally driver Niki Schelle and image test driver Stefan Novitzki.

Part of the MX-5’s 30th anniversary celebrations, the record-breaking attempt began at 19:00 local time, and besides fighting the dark, they also faced additional challenges due to heavy rain. 12 hours later, the classic roadster managed to cover 2,900 hairpins, some 1,400 more than the previous record. In order to be valid, each hairpin had to measure between 150 and 180 degrees, and the whole run was recorded using a GPS signal and photoelectric sensors mounted along the course. The record was certified by Germany’s ‘RID Rekord Institute’.

Unfortunately, Mazda did not say anything about the modifications featured on the MX-5 in question, and our German is a little rusty. However, if yours is better, then you could try and decipher the mystery by checking out the following video.

A Gus, Juankmen y MigYecla les gusta esto.
  3. MigYecla

MigYecla Citizen of ///M Town Administrador Coordinador

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    M Roadster
    Tengo debilidad por los NA, j*der, es ya un pequeño icono en el mundo del motor. Gran coche.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

A Gus y Juankmen les gusta esto.
  4. e1000iodh

e1000iodh Forista

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    325i E93
    Y encima a techo abierto! Un poco paliza, pero es un récord chulísimo

A Gus le gusta esto.
  5. Gus

Gus Tali-bahn Administrador Coordinador

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    i3/Z3/MiniE/X1
    :goodpost: Muy original y qué bonitas fotos!

Compartir esta página