Noticia Muere la piloto Jessi Combs cuando buscaba batir récord de velocidad

Tema en 'Foro General BMW' iniciado por botminik, 29 Ago 2019.

1. Csar

Csar #noeslomismo Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Vito/Tmax/140i
    Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club
    Descanse en paz...

2. JordiR.

JordiR. Forista

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    M3 | 821

Madre mía.....

D.E.P.

Última edición por un moderador: 25 Jun 2020
    A jabugui y botminik les gusta esto.
  3. Urko

Urko Forista Legendario Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    R1200RS/S-MAX
    Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club
    A veces es mejor no decir nada........

AMM5, Snatch, botminik y otra persona les gusta esto.
  4. hugomez

hugomez Forista

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    330CI/Wrangler
    Vaya comentario tan desafortunado.

Descanse en paz

A botminik le gusta esto.
  5. carpal

carpal Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    X1 2D xdriv e84
    Ante todo, D.E.P., pero en los records de velocidad en tierra había varias modalidades, los que tienen tracción a las ruedas y los que no , a partir de 1963 ya no hay dichas categorías, con tracción a las ruedas, creo recordar que no se llegaron ni a los 600 km/h.

6. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Van a enviar al Guinness la velocidad que alcanzó en los intentos que hizo antes de su accidente mortal con una velocidad de 531.889 Millas por hora = 855.99 km/h para ver si los aceptan y la dan el record de la mujer más rápida del mundo.
    Hay una exposición suya en el Petersen Automotive Museum :amo2:

Jessi Combs' record attempt to be submitted for Guinness World Record
    Former host of 'The List' died during record try in August
    [​IMG]
    GREG MIGLIORE

Sep 21nd 2019 at 11:30PM
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Jessi Combs Tribute and Exhibit

LOS ANGELES — Jessi Combs' attempt to set the record for fastest woman on earth will be submitted for a Guinness World Record at 531.889 mph, it was announced Saturday evening during an event held in her honor at the Petersen Automotive Museum. Combs died after her jet car crashed during the record attempt on a dry lake bed in Oregon. She was 39 years old. If certified, it would break the previous record of 512.7 mph set in 1976 by Kitty O'Neil.

Combs did two runs. The first reached 515.346 mph and the second one was 548.432 mph. The average (531.889 mph) will be submitted to Guinness.

The museum is hosting an exhibition "Jessi Combs: Life at Full Speed" Sunday through Wednesday (Sept. 25) that includes some of her motorcycles, helmets, racing medals and memorabilia from her TV career. On Thursday, the creation of the Jessi Combs Foundation was announced to educate, empower and inspire the next generation of female trailblazers and stereotype-breakers.

Combs was one of the most prolific and well-known automotive personalities of the last decade. She co-hosted "The List," which ran on Autoblog from 2011-2017. She also appeared in several TV shows, including "Overhauling" and "All Girls Garage."

Combs had set a four-wheeled record in 2013 in the North American Eagle Supersonic Speed Challenger, reaching 398 mph. She went faster than 483 mph during attempts last year, but they didn't count as records because of mechanical issues.

In announcing her passing, Combs' family said in a statement: "Jessi's most notable dream was to become the fastest woman on Earth, a dream she had been chasing since 2012. Combs was one of the rare dreamers with the bravery to turn those possibilities into reality, and she left this earth driving faster than any other woman in history."
    https://www.autoblog.com/2019/09/21...DBscg_Ys5gnh8icGiuagYeBZ75JpNcfBsJKLXTa4QmrHe

A Dani_330Cabrio, efímero y Maillart les gusta esto.
  7. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Última edición: 23 Sep 2019
    A escopeta y Juankmen les gusta esto.
  8. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Estos son sus 2 últimos intentos :amo2:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fireblade, ObiWan, Fztop y 2 otros les gusta esto.
  9. Luis Rivero

Luis Rivero Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    120i
    Los anglosajones son tremendamente buenos a la hora de honrar a los que consideran ídolos o personas que hayan tenido una trayectoria vital fuera de lo corriente. Aquí, con los cuerpos de los fallecidos aún calientes, nos dedicamos a ir sacándoles todos los trapos sucios y a meterlos en la papelera de la historia en cuestión de horas.

Juankmen, ER330d, ObiWan y 2 otros les gusta esto.
  10. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Bueno, pues ya es oficialmente la mujer más rápida del mundo, ha sido aceptada en el record Guinness :aplause::aplause::aplause::aplause::aplause::aplause:

Jessi Combs Is Officially the Fastest Woman on Earth

JUN 24, 2020
    The Guinness Record was posthumously awarded to Combs, who died during her 522-mph run in August.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The speeds achieved by daredevil and all-around bad-ass Jessi Combs leading up to the accident that took her life on August 27, 2019, has been accepted as a new world record by the officials at Guinness World Records.

Combs' record is for the fastest speed on land achieved by a woman, and the official number is 522.783 mph (841.338 kph).

It's the first time a new record has been set in this category in more than 40 years. The previous record stood at 512.7 mph, achieved by Kitty O'Neil back in 1976.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Jessi Combs

Combs died while attempting to set the record at a event held in the Alvord Desert in Oregon. She managed to complete two successful high-speed runs in a jet-powered car: one at 515.346 mph and one at 548.432 mph. The average of the two runs, 531.889 mph, was submitted for consideration by Guinness officials, and it isn't clear how they arrived at the final figure of 522.783 mph for the record.

While Combs was widely known for appearing on TV shows such as "Mythbusters," "All Girls Garage," and "Overhaulin'," she also competed in sanctioned motorsports events, including the Baja 1000 and King of Hammers. Her first-place finish at the latter earned her the nickname "Queen of Hammers." Becoming the fastest woman on Earth was always her dream, though, according to a statement made by her family following her death.

An investigation into the exact cause of the accident that led to Combs' death revealed that the front wheel of the streamliner she was piloting, known as the North American Eagle Supersonic Speed Challenger, had failed, likely due to striking an object on the ground.

Fireblade, Dani_330Cabrio, Lounge y 4 otros les gusta esto.
  11. Motero72

Motero72 En Practicas

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    serie 3 touring
    Patético , por intentar ser más educado que tú, cosa fácil por otra parte.

12. xacob

xacob Forista

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    520da
    Que lástima.
    Rápida, valiente y ademas guapa. En fin una pena.
    Descanse en paz.

13. AMM5

AMM5 Forista

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    E46 330ci
    El coche es un F104 starfighter sin alas...mala elección , ya era una avión peligroso como el solo en aire ( aquí tuvimos un puñado) como no sería de peligroso sin alas.

DEP

14. Dani_330Cabrio

Dani_330Cabrio Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    W11/PB/W11
    [​IMG]

Me alegra que la hayan dado el reconocimiento merecido. Que pena que se vaya gente que no pone barreras a nada.

Compartir esta página