Video Porsche Baja 911: un Carrera 4 Cabrio de 1991 especial

Tema en 'Foro General BMW' iniciado por cybermad, 23 Nov 2019.

1. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Mola el bicho :devil:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A Csar, TOMASIN5 y Curro les gusta esto.
  2. Curro

Curro Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 Coupe 2.8
    Me da pena, es cabrio?

3. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    La base era un Carrera 4 Cabrio, si te fijas se ve el corte de la carrocería :pompous:
    [​IMG]

A Curro le gusta esto.
  4. Curro

Curro Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 Coupe 2.8
    Detrás si pero delante no se nota.

5. Indyber

Indyber Forista

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    116d F20 LCi
    Me gusta más la pick-up de Tesla....:p

Está chulo, las versiones raid me encantan....

6. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sun Valley, CA – After debuting its prototype vehicle in the Toyo Tires Treadpass display at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas last month, Russell Built Fabrication has announced it is officially taking orders for its ultimate race-inspired, off-road outfitting package for the 964 generation of the Porsche 911. Using a multitude of custom components created with modern technology and engineering, Russell Built Fabrication transforms each outfitted vehicle into the most capable, versatile, dual sport air-cooled 911 on the planet. Each outfitting package will be hand crafted and can be custom-tailored for its desired use, allowing clients to spec their Porsche 911 as a daily driver, class-legal race car, or anything in between.

Structure and Suspension

To transform the 964 911 into a capable off-road vehicle, Russell Built Fabrication has strengthened both the chassis and suspension systems to handle even the harshest of terrain. The track has been widened an incredible fourteen inches and wheelbase increased three inches, allowing for a more balanced center of gravity and increased stability.

At the front of the car a set of custom structural towers have been added, allowing the suspension system to be mounted to the chassis via factory bolt provisions while being supported by the tube structure integrated into the factory tub. This enables consistent placement as well as easy replacement of damaged components if the need arises. The structural towers are fabricated from 4130 chromoly plate and then heat-treated to increase strength and durability. Custom spindles and upper a-arms are machined from billet 7075 aircraft aluminum along with box plate heat-treated 4130 chromoly lower a-arms. This setup makes for the best combination of both strength and lightweight materials, and along with a set of 2.5 inch 3-way adjustable coilover shocks yields a full 12 inches of suspension travel.

At the rear of the vehicle is a buggy-style chromoly box plate and tube trailing arm that utilizes the factory pick up points to maintain the handling characteristics Porsche 911 engineers intended with an incredible 13.5 inches of wheel travel provided by 3.0 inch 3-way adjustable. An adjustable NASCAR-style rear sway bar keeps the car planted and level during cornering.

Body

A great deal of pride and respect was used in creating and designing the exclusive body parts used in each outfitting package, with great importance placed on maintaining the DNA that the Porsche 911 is known for. The goal was to develop something that might have come out of the Porsche race factory had they continued their efforts in off-road racing into the 1990s with the 964. From the widebody fenders, molded rally-style hood, to the lightweight doors and hard top, every panel is custom-formed from composite materials to provide the lightest, most durable parts possible. In total, the vehicle weight has been reduced by 400+ pounds by replacing all the factory steel body parts, bringing the weight from 3200 pounds down to 2800 pounds in full luxury spec.

Engine

For the engines fitted in each outfitted Porsche 911, Russell Built Fabrication has partnered with Rothsport Racing, who boasts a thirty-year pedigree of building Porsche 911 engines capable of handling both on and off-road. The factory 3.6L engine has been enlarged to 3.8L with custom internals, throttle bodies and intake manifold controlled by a Motec ECU. The result is an efficient and reliable engine that produces 365 horsepower and 310 lb-ft torque. The engine is mated to the stock Carrera C4 drivetrain, with both 2WD and 4WD sequential systems available as an option.

Wheels/Tires

For its prototype vehicle Russell Built Fabrication has fitted 15x7-inch fifteen52 Integrale wheels at all four corners, wrapped with Toyo Open Country A/T II tires.

Interior

The interior of each outfitted 911 can be ordered in a variety of specifications, from bare bones race car to full luxury. For safety, all vehicles are outfitted with a chromoly race-spec roll cage, with door bars pushed out for side impact protection. The entire inner sheetmetal surfaces are welded up and sealed from the front fuel supply and rear engine bay, then sprayed with a layer of sound deadening and ceramic coating to insulate the cabin from noise and heat. A Motec digital display is used to help monitor any and all components as well as log data for any troubleshooting and fine tuning. In the rear seat area behind the folding Sparco SPX carbon seats is a locking storage box for spare parts, tools or anything needed to be kept contained. Clients can choose from a variety of carpet and leather finishes to complete the look of the cabin.

For addition details and information, please contact:

TJ Russell

russellbuiltfab@gmail.com

818-822-7235

7. Csar

Csar #noeslomismo Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Vito/Tmax/140i
    Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club
    brutal!!:love:

8. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
  9. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Última edición: 20 Dic 2019
  10. Guancho

Guancho Clan Leader Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Sardina
  11. Kodiak

Kodiak Forista

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    bmw 328i Tourin
    Muy bien acabado. ;)

12. AMM5

AMM5 Forista

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    E46 330ci
    Me encanta, no todo iban a ser singers, rauh welt ( o como se escriba)... biggrin

Teniendo muchísima pasta este estaba en mi colección para ir a hacer pistillas de las que me conozco yo...o la baja Aragon si es necesario :)

13. Panda

Panda Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    E82 120d
    Como debe ir esa cosa...

14. Demo

Demo Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    318i cabrio e36
    No me gusta mucho, pero hay que reconocer que lo han hecho a conciencia. La de tubería que lleva para compensar la rigidez es la leche.

15. jsagar

jsagar Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    e81 - g20
    muy guapo. es increíble como a estos porsche les sienta bien casi cualquier configuración.

lo de hacerlo sobre la base de un cabrio no le veo mucho sentido. Es mas pesado y tiene menos rigidez. Imagino que será exclusivamente por no haber encontrado una base decente de carrera 4 coupe.

16. MiniFER

MiniFER Vicepresidente Ejecutivo Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Lockheed SR-71
    Interesante artefacto.

Me imagino al volante de uno haciendo donuts -saludando por la ventanilla- alrededor de Greta indignada.

Última edición: 21 Dic 2019
  17. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Rauh-Welt Begriff biggrin, RWB, esto es su último trabajo con un 993, en Noruega...

A AMM5 le gusta esto.
  18. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    This 911 Turned Into a Trophy Truck Would Drive Porsche Purists Insane! - TheSmokingTire
    20 sept 2021

This is The Baja 911, and it's the wildest Porsche build we've ever seen. Starting with a Carrera *Cabriolet*, designer and fabricator TJ Russell goes to the absolute extreme, with an integrated tube chassis, wild long-travel shocks, a powerful Rothsport Racing engine, and too many other modifications to list. According to Russell, if you just added a couple of extra bars to the roll cage, The Baja 911 would pass tech for the Baja 1000 race, but it's also comfortable and luxurious enough to use as a weekend toy. in this video we take the Baja 911 over whoops, jumps, sandy washes, and up a comically narrow and sketchy trail. This was one of the most fun videos we've ever made!

19. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Ahora que Posche va a sacar un 992 Safari o 911 Dakar y Lambo el Huracan Sterrato, otros bichos más de ese palo que molan bastante :chulo:

[​IMG]
    Top Gear

5 ene 2021

¿Qué obtienes cuando cruzas un Porsche 911 reinventado por Singer con un buggy de carreras todoterreno? Bueno ... esto, el Estudio de competencia todoterreno (ACS), un proyecto desarrollado conjuntamente entre Singer y la empresa británica Tuthill Porsche. Construido a petición de un cliente que quería un 911 refrigerado por aire que pudiera hacer frente a las carreras todoterreno más extremas del mundo, rinde homenaje a la era dorada de los rallies de Porsche en la década de 1980 y a coches como el 959 Safari. Tiene tracción en las cuatro ruedas, un motor de seis cilindros plano turboalimentado, paneles de carbono, suspensión de truco y un interior despojado, pero aún conserva la escandalosa atención al detalle de todas las creaciones de Singer. Véalo en acción, permita que Jack Rix le brinde el recorrido completo y escuche al hombre responsable de diseñar este monstruo restomod: Richard Tuthill.
    --------------------
    FIRST LOOK: SINGER ACS - the ultimate safari 911!

What do you get when you cross a Porsche 911 reimagined by Singer with an off-road racing buggy? Well… this - the All-terrain Competition Study (ACS) - a co-developed project between Singer and British company Tuthill Porsche. Built at the request of a client who wanted an air-cooled 911 that could cope with the world’s most extreme off-road races, it pays homage to a golden era of Porsche rallying in the 1980s and to cars like the 959 Safari. It has four-wheel drive, a turbocharged flat-six, carbon panels, trick suspension and a stripped out interior, but still retains the outrageous attention to detail of all Singer’s creations. See it in action, allow Jack Rix to give you the full tour and hear from the man responsible for engineering this restomod monster – Richard Tuthill.

20. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
  21. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Tuthill Porsche on the East African Safari Classic Rally: FULL MOVIE

[​IMG]
    Tuthill Porsche

Here's the full 50-minute version of our documentary covering the Tuthill Porsche team on the 2013 East African Safari Classic Rally. This was the largest single rally team ever assembled: 17 vintage Porsche 911s and more than 120 team members. There is simply nothing like Safari: everyone must experience this rally at least once in their lives!

22. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]