Fotos Porsche Taycan 4S, Turbo/S, Cross Turismo

Tema en 'Foro General BMW' iniciado por cybermad, 6 Mar 2018.

1. exploxivo

exploxivo Forista

Me Gusta:
    Aqui un video contra el Model S

2. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    :devil:
    He visto que también tiene este, pero no entiendo ni papa de alemán ni tiene subtítulos en inglés (n)

3. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
  4. Gus

Gus Tali-bahn Administrador Coordinador

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    i3/Z3/MiniE/X1
    Vaya manipulación , omiten el dato 0-250 del Tesla...biggrin
    :sneaky:

5. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Más madera :devil:

https://jalopnik.com/porsche-taycan-defeats-tesla-model-s-in-acceleration-h-1839136144
    Porsche Taycan Defeats Tesla Model S In Acceleration, Handling, And Build Quality In German Comparison Test
    David Tracy
    Thursday 12:59PM

Screengrab: Auto Mobile (Vox)

The first substantial Tesla Model S versus Porsche Taycan comparison has hit the internet, and it shows the Porsche crushing the less expensive Tesla in build quality, handling, and even acceleration. Here’s a look at the head-to-head between the two most impressive high-volume EV sedans on earth.

The video, part of the German TV Channel Vox’s show “Auto Mobil,” begins with the host Alexander Bloch driving the new 750 horsepower Porsche Taycan Turbo S from Luxembourg 87 miles to an airport runway in Germany, where a Tesla Model S P100D waits in a hangar.

While underway, Bloch notes the Taycan’s impressive acceleration even while traveling at over 150 mph, but also finds that the Stuttgarter won’t use under 20 kWh of energy per 100 kilometers traveled, as he’d expected. “Extremely fast, but also extreme power thirsty,” the narrator says in German (I’ve translated the video myself with help from a German friend and Google translate).

This was a problem. Bloch was about to do a bunch of acceleration testing against the Tesla Model S, so he wanted a topped-up battery. So he stopped at an Ionity charging station, and found himself disappointed that the 800-volt Porsche couldn’t charge at 270 kW, which would have brought the battery state of charge from 39 percent to 80 percent in about 10 minutes.

Instead, he saw only around 103 kW, and he had to wait 20 minutes. “103 I find disappointing, to be honest,” he says. “It’s not faster,” he continues, wondering if this was just the beginning of Porsche failing to deliver on its promises. (I had a similar issue with an Ionity charger when I tested the Taycan last month).

But it wasn’t the beginning of broken promises, because when he pulled the Porsche up next to a Tesla Model S P100D (whose most recent iteration, we should note, is over $50,000 cheaper than the Porsche and offers more range), the difference in quality between the cars became apparent. In the video, Chief of testing for Auto Mobile, Albert Königshausen, walks around both cars with Bloch, and the two note some issues with the American car’s build quality.

The Tesla’s rear hatch, for example, had a gap on one side that accepted two coins, while on the other side, it was only wide enough for a single coin:
    [​IMG]

By comparison, the Porsche—which, it’s worth noting, has a smaller trunk and not a hatch—fit only a single coin on each side:
    [​IMG]

“The tailgate is installed completely crooked,” the narrator says. “Same goes for the doors.” The team also notes poorly welded panels, and interior trim “carelessly put together.” The Porsche appears better in terms of overall fit and finish, with the narrator saying: “Gap and material quality at the highest level—this is what the Porsche offers.”

“If you stand directly next to each other on these two fantastic vehicles, then you see that one of them is much better built. That’s the Porsche,” Königshausen concludes.

Then comes the performance testing.

The clip above shows a snippet of the full comparo, but check out the full thing here. In the handling test, the Taycan appears to outdo the Tesla.

“At 90 km/h,” the narrator says, “the Tesla loses a lot of traction on the front axle, can not be driven precisely, and even fails to stay in the lane.” As for the Taycan, the narrator says, it “not only remains directionally stable, but is also 7 km/h faster.”

The show’s car review chief, Albert Königshausen, breaks it down, saying the Porsche is more agile, but more demanding:

The two cars are completely different in their setup. The Tesla is simply an understeerer, pushing outward on the front axle. And of course the Porsche is in another world. This is a real sports car. Of course, it’s worlds more agile, but you need a savvy hand.

Then comes the 1/4-mile acceleration testing, where the Porsche—despite its slower “claimed” zero to 60 mph time—handily defeats the Tesla. Even when Bloch gets a bad start off the line, the Taycan catches up to the Model S and beats it across the finish.

As Auto Mobile notes, the Porsche’s performance advantage becomes more and more pronounced as Bloch and Königshausen continue to race the two vehicles, with Bloch noting that Porsche claims its sports sedan’s acceleration can be achieved repeatedly, with little performance decrease due to thermal limitations.

“And that’s why Alex and Albert try it again and again.” the narrator states. “The distance to the Tesla gets longer and longer.”

In the video’s conclusion, both hosts say that, in terms of performance and build quality, the Taycan is clearly better than the Tesla Model S, though Boch voices his displeasure with the Porsche’s charging speed and range.

Obviously, I’d like to see a bit more information on the test conditions, such as how the two cars were outfitted (particularly in terms of tires) and how many miles each car had on it. I also would have liked to see the newest Tesla Model S Performance in this test, and not an older P100D. EV car website Electrek notes differences between the car in this review and the latest Model S, writing:

Also, the show is using an older Model S P100D and not the latest ‘Raven’ Model S, which is equipped with a new drivetrain and a new suspension, which could be especially useful for the handling test.

Plus, it would have been interesting to see how different the outcome might have been if testing hadn’t been done in wet conditions. So, as with all car reviews, there are caveats, and I won’t be surprised if Tesla’s PR department emails me to tell me all about them (I’ve reached out to Tesla anticipating such a response).

Correction 11:44 A.M. Oct 18, 2019: I meant to write “20 kWh of energy per 100 kilometers” not “20 kW of power per 100 kilometers.”

Última edición: 21 Oct 2019
    A hector8 y Gus les gusta esto.
  6. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Nos vamos a hartar :devil:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Última edición: 30 Oct 2019
  7. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86

Model: 2020 Porsche Taycan
    MSRP: From $103,800
    Horsepower: 522 hp
    Engine: Electric
    Tire size: Front: P255/55R19, rear: P275/45R19
    Curb weight: 4,777 lbs
    Battery: 79.2 kWh 723 V lithium-ion
    Transmission: 2-speed automatic

Última edición: 22 Nov 2019
  8. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Han llevado, entre otros, este Taycan 4S al salón de LA, color Frozen Blue Metallic y llantas de 21' Taycan Exclusive Design & Carbon Fiber Aeroblades, un extra de 9.000 leuros :pompous:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Última edición: 22 Nov 2019
    A hector8 y Ram les gusta esto.
  9. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Presentación en Singapur :devil:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86

Taycan 4S with Performance battery:
    Battery: Performance battery with 79.2 kWh
    Electric motor, front axle: Permanently excited synchronous machine
    Electric motor, rear axle: Permanently excited synchronous machine
    Transmission, front axle: Single-speed transmission
    Transmission, rear axle: Two-speed transmission
    Drive system: Electric all-wheel drive with variable torque distribution and Porsche Traction Management (PTM)
    Power output: up to 320 kW (435 PS)
    Overboost power for Launch Control: up to 390 kW (530 PS)
    Maximum torque for Launch Control: 640 Nm
    Suspension and damping: Adaptive air suspension with three-chamber air springs including Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
    Front axle: Aluminium double wishbone front axle, independent suspension
    Rear axle: Aluminium multi-link rear axle, independent suspension
    Steering: Power steering; also available with rear-axle steering with power steering Plus
    Steering ratio: 15.5:1 (centre position) to 9.3:1; with RAS 14.2:1 (centre position) to 9.3:1
    Turning circle diameter: 11.7 m; with RAS 11.2 m
    Vehicle stability system: Porsche Stability Management (PSM) with ABS and extended brake functions
    Brake system: Six-piston aluminium monobloc fixed-calliper brakes at the front, four-piston aluminium monobloc fixed-calliper brakes at the rear; electric parking brake; multi-collision brake; auto-hold function
    Brake discs, front axle: Grey cast iron brake discs, internally vented
    Diameter 360 mm Thickness 36 mm
    Brake discs, rear axle: Grey cast iron brake discs, internally vented
    Diameter 358 mm Thickness 28 mm
    Wheels with tyres, front: 8.0 J × 19 ET 50 with tyres 225/55 R 19 103Y XL
    Wheels with tyres, rear: 10.0 J × 19 ET 47 with tyres 275/45 R 19 108Y XL
    Top speed: 250 km/h
    Acceleration with Launch Control 0 – 60 mph: 3.8 s
    0 – 100 km/h: 4.0 s
    0 – 160 km/h: 8.7 s
    0 – 200 km/h: 13.3 s
    0 – 400 m (1/4 miles): 12.3 s
    Distance after 2.5 seconds: 21.0 m
    Range (min.–max. WLTP): 333 – 407 km
    Power consumption (min.–max. WLTP): 25.7 – 21.1 kWh/100 km
    Power consumption (NEDC combined): 24.6 kWh/100 km
    Maximum DC charging capacity: 225 kW
    Charging time for alternating current (AC) at 11 kW from 0 to up to 100%: 8.0 hours
    Charging time for direct current (DC) at 50 kW for up to 100 km (WLTP): 31 min
    Charging time for direct current (DC) with max. charging power for up to 100 km (WLTP) under optimum conditions: 5.5 min Charging time for direct current (DC) at 50 kW from 5 to up to 80%: 93 min
    Charging time for direct current (DC) with max. charging power from 5 to up to 80% under optimum conditions: 22.5 min

Now, the company is already presenting the third version of the sports saloon with the Taycan 4S. The new model is available with two battery sizes and delivers with the Performance battery up to 390 kW (530 PS) or with the Performance battery Plus up to 420 kW (571 PS). Following the Taycan Turbo S and the Taycan Turbo, the Taycan 4S is therefore the new entry-level model in the series. A single-deck Performance battery with a total capacity of 79.2 kWh comes as standard. The two-deck Performance battery Plus familiar from the Taycan Turbo S and Taycan Turbo is optionally available. The total capacity here is 93.4 kWh.

The power output and range therefore vary correspondingly: with the Performance battery, the Taycan 4S generates up to 390 kW (530 PS) overboost power output. Equipped with the Performance battery Plus, it delivers up to 420 kW (571 PS). In both variants, the Taycan 4S accelerates from a standing start to 100 km/h in 4.0 seconds. The top speed is also 250 km/h in both cases. The range is up to 407 kilometres with the Performance battery and up to 463 kilometres with the Performance battery Plus (in accordance with WLTP in each case) – the highest value of the current Taycan range. The maximum charging capacity (peak) is 225 kW (Performance battery) or 270 kW (Performance battery Plus).

Breathtaking acceleration, tractive power typical of sports cars and outstanding continuously available power – the new model 4S also features these strengths of the Taycan. The permanently excited synchronous machine on the rear axle has an active length of 130 millimetres and is therefore exactly 80 millimetres shorter than the corresponding drive component on the Taycan Turbo S and Taycan Turbo. The pulse-controlled inverter used on the front axle in the Taycan 4S operates with up to 300 amps, and the inverter on the rear axle with up to 600 amps.

11. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
  12. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
  13. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
  14. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Taycan 4S con batería Performance jugando en la nieve :pompous:

Taycan 4S with Performance battery:

Battery: Performance battery with 79.2 kWh
    Electric motor, front axle: Permanently excited synchronous machine
    Electric motor, rear axle: Permanently excited synchronous machine
    Transmission, front axle: Single-speed transmission
    Transmission, rear axle: Two-speed transmission
    Drive system: Electric all-wheel drive with variable torque distribution and Porsche Traction Management (PTM)
    Power output: up to 320 kW (435 PS)
    Overboost power for Launch Control: up to 390 kW (530 PS)
    Maximum torque for Launch Control: 640 Nm
    Suspension and damping: Adaptive air suspension with three-chamber air springs including Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
    Front axle: Aluminium double wishbone front axle, independent suspension
    Rear axle: Aluminium multi-link rear axle, independent suspension
    Steering: Power steering; also available with rear-axle steering with power steering Plus
    Steering ratio: 15.5:1 (centre position) to 9.3:1; with RAS 14.2:1 (centre position) to 9.3:1
    Turning circle diameter: 11.7 m; with RAS 11.2 m
    Vehicle stability system: Porsche Stability Management (PSM) with ABS and extended brake functions
    Brake system: Six-piston aluminium monobloc fixed-calliper brakes at the front, four-piston aluminium monobloc fixed-calliper brakes at the rear; electric parking brake; multi-collision brake; auto-hold function
    Brake discs, front axle: Grey cast iron brake discs, internally vented
    Diameter 360 mm
    Thickness 36 mm
    Brake discs, rear axle: Grey cast iron brake discs, internally vented
    Diameter 358 mm
    Thickness 28 mm
    Wheels with tyres, front: 8.0 J × 19 ET 50 with tyres 225/55 R 19 103Y XL
    Wheels with tyres, rear: 10.0 J × 19 ET 47 with tyres 275/45 R 19 108Y XL
    Top speed: 250 km/h
    Acceleration with Launch Control 0 – 60 mph: 3.8 s 0 – 100 km/h: 4.0 s 0 – 160 km/h: 8.7 s 0 – 200 km/h: 13.3 s 0 – 400 m (1/4 miles): 12.3 s
    Distance after 2.5 seconds: 21.0 m
    Range (min.–max. WLTP): 333 – 407 km
    Power consumption (min.–max. WLTP): 25.7 – 21.1 kWh/100 km
    Power consumption (NEDC combined): 24.6 kWh/100 km
    Maximum DC charging capacity: 225 kW
    Charging time for alternating current (AC) at 11 kW from 0 to up to 100%: 8.0 hours
    Charging time for direct current (DC) at 50 kW for up to 100 km (WLTP): 31 min
    Charging time for direct current (DC) with max. charging power for up to 100 km (WLTP) under optimum conditions: 5.5 min Charging time for direct current (DC) at 50 kW from 5 to up to 80%: 93 min
    Charging time for direct current (DC) with max. charging power from 5 to up to 80% under optimum conditions: 22.5 min

Now, the company is already presenting the third version of the sports saloon with the Taycan 4S. The new model is available with two battery sizes and delivers with the Performance battery up to 390 kW (530 PS) or with the Performance battery Plus up to 420 kW (571 PS). Following the Taycan Turbo S and the Taycan Turbo, the Taycan 4S is therefore the new entry-level model in the series. A single-deck Performance battery with a total capacity of 79.2 kWh comes as standard.

The two-deck Performance battery Plus familiar from the Taycan Turbo S and Taycan Turbo is optionally available. The total capacity here is 93.4 kWh. The power output and range therefore vary correspondingly: with the Performance battery, the Taycan 4S generates up to 390 kW (530 PS) overboost power output. Equipped with the Performance battery Plus, it delivers up to 420 kW (571 PS). In both variants, the Taycan 4S accelerates from a standing start to 100 km/h in 4.0 seconds.

The top speed is also 250 km/h in both cases. The range is up to 407 kilometres with the Performance battery and up to 463 kilometres with the Performance battery Plus (in accordance with WLTP in each case) – the highest value of the current Taycan range. The maximum charging capacity (peak) is 225 kW (Performance battery) or 270 kW (Performance battery Plus).

Breathtaking acceleration, tractive power typical of sports cars and outstanding continuously available power – the new model 4S also features these strengths of the Taycan. The permanently excited synchronous machine on the rear axle has an active length of 130 millimetres and is therefore exactly 80 millimetres shorter than the corresponding drive component on the Taycan Turbo S and Taycan Turbo. The pulse-controlled inverter used on the front axle in the Taycan 4S operates with up to 300 amps, and the inverter on the rear axle with up to 600 amps.

15. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
  16. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86

A hector8 le gusta esto.
  17. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
  18. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
  19. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
  20. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
  21. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Porsche Taycan Turbo Crushes EPA Range Rating On Our 436-Mile Drive

JAN 27, 2020
    By: Tom Moloughney

We do 20% better than the EPA 201-mile range without even trying.

Pretty much every driving review of the Porsche Taycan, including our own, has been glowingly positive. It's been called everything from the best electric car today, to the best new Porsche you can buy.

However, there has been one criticism that many have pointed out, and that's the low EPA range rating that the vehicle earned. The Taycan Turbo and Taycan Turbo S have a 93.4 kWh battery, of which 83.7 kWh is usable. Porsche basically holds back 10 kWh of the pack as a buffer, to restrict the depth of discharge, referred to as the DoD, which in turn will extend the life of the pack.

[​IMG]

When the EPA announced the range rating for the Taycan Turbo at 201 miles per charge and the Taycan Turbo S at 192 miles, it certainly was a disappointment, given there was so much to like about the first all-electric Porsche.

Back in September, I had the opportunity to drive a Taycan Turbo S about 500 miles from Copenhagen, Denmark to Hamburg, Germany. Having the Taycan on desolate rural roads in southern Denmark and then on German autobahns gave me the opportunity to really test out the vehicle's performance. I was able to do multiple 0-100 runs and even got it up to 167 mph for a while, topping Porsche's claimed 162 mph top speed.

However, because of how we were driving, the one thing I really couldn't test out was the real-world driving range. Luckily, I got a second chance to do just that last Friday when Porsche invited me to drive a Taycan Turbo from Atlanta, Georgia to Daytona Beach, Florida, in what would be roughly a 450-mile road trip.

[​IMG]

When we started the day, the car showed an estimated range of 245 miles.
    I wanted to see just how far a Taycan Turbo would go if driven "responsibly" on a long trip. By responsibly, I mean keeping up with the flow of traffic, not gunning it too much but definitely not hypermiling. Basically, what kind of range the average Taycan Turbo owner should expect to get on a long trip if they behaved.

Porsche had invited only four journalists for this drive. As usual two people partner for a car and take turns driving. I partnered with David S. Wallens of Grassroots Motorsports and luckily, he wasn't interested in really hammering the Taycan too much, and that made it possible to do a range test on the journey, as I had hoped. There was a third Taycan in the caravan, driven by Porsche representatives that came along to answer our questions and pay for charging along the route.

David took the first leg of the journey which was 134 miles to the Electrify America site in Cordele, Georgia. Porsche selected this as the first stop because the next Electrify America site on the route was another 96 miles away. One of the Porsche reps told me he's done that 230-mile trip on a single charge but didn't want to risk it with journalists driving because it would really ruin the day if one of us had to be towed. Also, it was 41 degrees and raining when we left Atlanta early in the morning - not ideal EV range conditions.

[​IMG]

Had to stop for a picture at an old run-down gas station not too far from Daytona Beach
    The car was parked in an open parking garage overnight, so the battery was cold-soaked in 30-degree temperatures all night, also not great for range. When we got in the car we took a while going over all the gauges and navigation system, as well as warming up the cabin. We left with 98% state of charge and arrived at the first Electrify America stop with 39% SOC and an estimated 91 miles of range remaining. Therefore we used 59% SOC to cover 134 miles.

Even though the Porsche reps wanted to just charge the three cars for 15 minutes (because that's all we really needed to make sure we all had enough range to make it to the next stop) I insisted I stay to charge my car near to full, so I could get an accurate measurement of the energy consumed. We unplugged my car at 96% SOC after charging for 31 minutes and it took in a total of 51.2 kWh.

The second Electrify America stop was in Lake City, Florida. I did the driving on this leg and drove 143 miles. The range estimator said we still had 98 miles of range remaining. We arrived with the state of charge at 41%, so we used 55% of the battery that leg. We charged to 96% SOC again and the car took in 47.9 kWh.

This stop took nearly an hour because the Electrify America site was having problems and the car was charging at a maximum of only 80 kW. There were Electrify America engineers working on the site when we arrived, and they told us they were experiencing issues there. Interestingly, one of the other Taycans was getting over 150 kW, but none of us were getting near the 270 kW maximum the cars can take.

[​IMG]

On the final leg to Daytona Beach, we split the driving and traveled 159 miles. We finished with 34% SOC and 81 miles remaining on the range estimator. I don't have the charging data for this final stop because Porsche took the car to charge it at an Electrify America station very close to our hotel while we went out for dinner. However, we can still estimate the consumption with a pretty high degree of accuracy.

Using the Taycan Turbo's 83.7 kWh usable capacity I calculated the miles driven per kWh for all three legs of the journey based on the percentage of SOC used. The first leg was the least efficient because of a couple of factors. First, as noted above the battery and cabin were cold so we were using a considerable amount of heat as we drove. Also, it was pouring rain for most of the 134-mile drive, so I expected that part of the trip to be the least efficient. I calculated the Total Range with Estimate by adding the miles we drove with the remaining estimated miles the car displayed. The Observed Total Range was calculated by multiplying the observed miles per kWh by the battery pack's usable capacity of 83.7 kWh.

Stats from the trip:

Starting SOC

Ending SOC SOC Used Miles Driven Remaining Range Est. Total Range w/Estimate Miles Per kWh Observed Total Range
    98% 39% 59% 134 91 mi. 225 mi. 2.71 227 mi.
    96% 41% 55% 143 98 mi. 241 mi. 3.11 260 mi.
    96% 34% 62% 159 81 mi. 240 mi. 3.06 256 mi.
    As we drove south to Daytona Beach, the rain lessened and the temperatures rose up into the 60's, and that helped us achieve better consumption figures. We drove between 70 mph and 80 mph the vast majority of the time, but we did push the Taycan up over 100 mph a few times, we just couldn't help ourselves. We set the car in Range mode for most of the trip, although we did switch to the power-hungry Sport and Sport Plus modes for a while.

On one occasion when I was driving I happened to pull next to a Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor long range and had to show off a little. We were going about 80 mph and lined up next to him, looked at the driver and punched the throttle. When I looked at the speedometer a couple seconds later I was already at 115 mph. The Model 3 didn't try to follow, and that was probably a wise decision on their part. I own a Model 3 with that same configuration and I can say with confidence a race wouldn't have ended well for them.

[​IMG]

But this post isn't about the 616 hp of brutal power the Taycan Turbo has. If you want to read about that, check out my previous driving review post. We've covered that pretty extensively. I wanted to know if the EPA's range rating was a true indication of what to expect if you wanted to go on a road trip with the Taycan.

Had we been driving in 70-degree temperatures and no rain the range would have been even better. Even with the cold weather and rain, we averaged 2.96 miles per kWh over the 436-mile trip. If you multiply that consumption rate by the 83.7 usable capacity the Taycan Turbo has, you come up with 248-miles of range per charge. That's not bad, and much better than the EPA range rating of 201 miles per charge. The car's remaining range estimator was a little more conservative and if you add the miles driven with the estimated remaining range you get a trip average of 235 miles per charge, still way better than EPA.

So why the huge discrepancy? I honestly don't know. I've driven pretty much all of the EVs available today, and I usually agree with the EPA range rating. EV range is a moving target; there are a lot of factors that influence how far any EV can go. We already talked about battery temperature and weather conditions like rain we experienced above. Topography is another. We did lose 1,000 ft of elevation from Atlanta to Daytona Beach so that was helpful, but not really enough to make that much of a difference over a 436-mile drive.

[​IMG]
    https://insideevs.com/reviews/395038/porsche-taycan-road-trip-240-mile-range/
    I highly doubt many Taycan owners will mind paying an extra $10 per month for electricity or waiting an additional 10 minutes at the DC fast charger, because this vehicle is well worth it.

Look for posts later in the week on my Electrify America charging experience with the Taycan, and also on the Taycan's unique regenerative braking system and let us know what you think about my range-test experience in the comments below.
    Charging up at an Electrify America station on the way to Daytona Beach.
    Also notable is the fact that the EPA provided the range figures themselves, and that's not how it usually happens. Many people don't realize that the manufacturer does the range testing and provides the EPA with the range rating and the data to back it up. The EPA has the choice to accept that data and publish it, or to then do their own internal testing. In the case of the Taycan, the EPA decided to do their own range certification, and those numbers came out much lower than what Porsche expected.

The EPA only does their own testing for about 10% - 15% of the EVs on the market today, the range figures for the remaining 85% - 90% were provided by the manufacturer. The EPA just doesn't have the resources to test every car, so they randomly pick some to test internally and the Taycan was chosen.

Still, the Taycan isn't the most efficient EV on the market. In fact, according to the EPA, it's actually the least efficient one. However, if efficiency is your top priority, you probably weren't going to be a potential Taycan buyer in the first place. The Taycan is the best all-electric sports car available today, and one of the best cars, period.

A Gus le gusta esto.
  22. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    El Taycan frutero...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Última edición: 27 Ene 2020
    A SP_Kenny le gusta esto.
  23. exploxivo

exploxivo Forista

Me Gusta:
    El frutero me da a mi que se va a vender como rosquillas.

24. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Si vas sobrado puedes elegir tu Taycan personalizado en Exclusive Manufaktur :pasta:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yo prefiero cualquiera de esos 4 911 Speedster que se ven al fondo :pompous::chulo::devil: :hungry:

[​IMG]

A SP_Kenny le gusta esto.
  25. exploxivo

exploxivo Forista

Me Gusta:
    Ya lo ha probado Chris. Mañana sale el episodio.

26. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    El 4 puertas más rápido en el circuito de Top Gear...

27. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Y Harris...

28. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Cargas rápidas Taycan vs Tesla...

Es alemán pero tiene subtítulos en inglés :pompous:

Which One Charges Faster, The Tesla Model 3 Or The Porsche Taycan?

The Tesla Model 3 and Porsche Taycan Turbo are two of the most exciting and fastest-charging EVs currently on sale but in a charging battle, which of the two is the best?

To find out, German publication Nextmove plugged in the pair at a fast-charging station. Porsche claims that thanks to the Taycan’s peak charging capacity of 270 kW, its battery can be charged from 5-80 per cent in 22.5 minutes but during its test, Nextmove saw the battery jump from 1-80 per cent in just 21 minutes.

The publication compared the Porsche’s charging speeds against other tests of the Model 3 that have seen it charge from 3-80 per cent in 29 minutes at an IONITY charging station in Europe. When plugged into a 250 kW V3 Tesla supercharger, the Model 3 can go from 0-80 per cent in just 24.5 minutes.

Nextmove also went to the trouble of comparing charging speeds to consumption numbers to work out how many kilometres of range each car achieves per hour of charging. Using an IONITY charger, the Model 3 charged at 550 kilometers (341 miles) of range per hour while the Porsche charged up at 717 kilometers (445 miles) of range per hour. If the Tesla were to use a V3 Supercharger, it would achieve a charging rate of 651 kilometers (404 miles) of range per hour.

For charging between 0-50 per cent, the Tesla performs slightly better than the Porsche, charging at up to 905 kilometers (562 miles) of range per hour on a V3 Supercharger compared to the 856 kilometers (531 miles) of range per hour for the Taycan on an IONITY charger.

29. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    En Florida se ha prendido fuego uno durante la noche en un garaje y ha explotado, no hay heridos ni más información...

30. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Bill Gates en una entrevista, entre otros temas hablando del cambio climático, dijo que se ha comprado su primer coche eléctrico y es un Taycan... ha tardado cero coma Elon Musk en criticarlo por no elegir un Tesla diciendo que las conversaciones que ha tenido con Gates han sido decepcionantes :facepalm:

Bill Gates Bought Himself a Porsche Taycan and Elon Musk Doesn’t Approve
    18 Feb 2020, 15:16 UTC ·

You know Elon Musk is upset when he’s taking jabs at someone’s intelligence. And he’s clearly not OK with the idea that Bill Gates chose a Porsche Taycan for his first all-electric vehicle.
    [​IMG]

Late last week, the Microsoft co-founder sat down for a short interview with popular YouTuber Marques Brownlee, in which he talked about anything from EVs to the Coronavirus threat and new tech for 2020. It’s the part about EVs that got under Elon Musk’s skin, as expected.

Speaking about the potential of electrification, Gates said that EVs would still fall behind ICE vehicles because of issues of range and charging times. Beyond that, he conceded, electric vehicles are the driving force (pun intended) to address climate change issues.

He also praised Tesla for the changes it has made in the industry, and the changes it inspires into other automakers.

“And certainly Tesla, if you had to name one company that’s helped drive that, it’s them,” Gates said. The full interview is available at the bottom of the page.

However, Gates didn’t buy a Tesla for his first EV. He got a Porsche Taycan instead, which, depending on the model, can start at $150,000 (for the Turbo) or $185,000 (for the Turbo S). An entry-level Tesla Model 3 is a steal at $40,000, by comparison.

“I just got a Porsche Taycan,” Gates explained. “I have to say, it’s a premium-price car but it is very, very cool. That’s my first electric car and I’m enjoying it a lot.”

And this is where the plot thickens. A Tesla Twitter fan page tweeted about the interview, professing disappointment in the way Gates talks about EVs because it sends the wrong message to potential buyers. The disappointment extended to Gates’ choice for his first EV, though that’s not clearly stated in the tweet at the bottom of the page: it was stated in the first one in the thread.

Musk was quick to respond: “My conversations with Gates have been underwhelming tbh.” Even his supporters are calling him out in the thread for taking a low blow at the man’s intelligence, when his preference for the Taycan must have been based on taste alone.

[​IMG]
    Tesletter@tesletter

· 19h

Replying to @tesletter @elonmusk
    I'm disappointed because a lot of people are going to watch the interview and they are going to trust Bill's word for it and not even consider EVs. Why? Because Bill Gates is a really smart guy!

[​IMG]
    Elon Musk

✔@elonmusk

My conversations with Gates have been underwhelming tbh

1:48 AM - Feb 18, 2020
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

Compartir esta página