Pues ahora si que los BMWs van a generar ENVIDIA

Tema en 'Foro General BMW' iniciado por Gus, 5 Ene 2011.

1. Gus

Gus Tali-bahn Administrador Coordinador

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    i3/Z3/MiniE/X1
    Y no cochina :rambo:
    Confieso que no tengo ni zorra idea de lo que es una GPU (supongo que algo como un pronayo chorriforme, pero más trendy biggrin ) , pero la imagen es espectacular y...eso si, algo me dice que meter los pois de radares se va a complicar biggrin

BMW y Tesla usarán GPUs de NVIDIA - Ubergizmo ES

[​IMG]

Last year NVIDIA set foot in the land of cars, announcing a partnership with Audi to explore the use of visual computing technologies in future vehicles. Today NVIDIA plants its flag firmly in the automotive landscape, announcing groundbreaking new partnerships with two carmakers at the forefront of the industry: BMW and Tesla Motors.
    Visual Computing and the Ultimate Driving Machine
    In partnership with BMW of North America, NVIDIA today announced that “The Ultimate Driving Machine” now features the power of Visual Computing: NVIDIA GPUs will power the in-car navigation and information systems across the entire line of next-gen BMW cars worldwide. From Mini Coopers to 7-Series, all BMWs will get NVIDIA-powered versions of iDrive, BMWs navigation and vehicle-information system. The systems will feature 1280 x 600 hi-res displays to show off next-gen user interfaces.
    BMW exec Elmar Frickenstein said of the new partnership, “A year ago we had a vision to deliver the most advanced intuitive state-of-the-art navigation system. In our quest for superior graphics performance, no one came close to what NVIDIA brings to the table.”
    CES goers can get hands on experience with a next gen navigation concept in a new BMW 550i, fresh out of BMW labs, with the very latest NVIDIA graphics technologies at NVIDIA’s outdoor exhibit, located at Central Plaza booth #CP7.
    Wait, wait … there’s more!
    NVIDIA also announced a partnership that’s got me, personally, in a tizzy: The forthcoming Tesla Motors Model S electric sedan will sport NVIDIA Tegra powered infotainment, navigation, and instrument-cluster systems including a 17” touch-screen center console, the largest display ever in a car. The display will power the car’s connected navigation and climate-control systems, and Tegra will also power the 12.3” LCD display that serves as the Model S’ 3D digital instrument cluster.

En espanglish:
    BMW y Tesla han anunciado que usarán procesadores gráficos de NVIDIA para el “infoentretenimiento” de los futuros autos modelos 7-Series, 5-Series, 3-Series, linea Mini Cooper y los X-Series. Y mientras BMW se fue por un procesador gráfico del tipo PC, Tesla eligió el procesador móvil de NVIDIA para alimentar el sistema Tesla Model S. Hace sentido ya que Tesla tiene que ver con la eficiencia de la energía, el foco principal de Tegra.
    Las buenas noticias serán entonces que finalmente toda la instrumentación a bordo, incluyendo los GPS, van a subir su nivel de manera consistente. La mala noticia es que estos autos son algo caros, aunque es cosa de tiempo que se empiecen a ver estos aparatos en autos más alcanzables para el bolsillo.

2. astharoth

astharoth Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Si eso ya parece la cabina de control de un avion!!!

Y el microondas o la cafetera para cuando?? :weedman:

3. Neto-E36

Neto-E36

Me Gusta:
    A donde van con eso a jugar al Age of Empires para viciados! o al hundir los barcos 3D

4. hector8

hector8 Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    335d E91
    nvidia hace procesadores? yo pensaba que solo hacia tarjetas gráficas...
    haber si hacen un gran turismo para el coche o algo así

5. Gus

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    i3/Z3/MiniE/X1
    Vale, acabo de enterarme: procesadores y tarjetas gráficas. Monitor de 17".

Press Release:
    NVIDIA GPUs TO BE THE INFOTAINMENT CENTERPIECE ACROSS BMW’S NEXT-GENERATION OF CARS
    From the 7 Series to the Mini Cooper, NVIDIA Powers BMW State-of-the-Art Graphics, Enabling Focus on Safer, More Enjoyable Driving
    BMW of North America and NVIDIA today announced a partnership that puts NVIDIA® GPUs in navigation and vehicle-information systems across all next-generation BMW cars worldwide. NVIDIA GPUs will power BMW’s in-car navigation systems to deliver vivid graphics with detailed terrain models, landmarks and a stunning new interface. NVIDIA processors will be found throughout BMW’s range of models, including the 7-Series, 5-Series, 3-Series, Mini Cooper line and X-Series of sports activity vehicles.
    Tesla Motors’ Model S to Feature NVIDIA Tegra Processors
    Power-Stingy Tegra to Run All-Electric Sedan’s Infotainment, Navigation, Instrument-Cluster Systems
    NVIDIA announced today that NVIDIA® Tegra™ processors will power the infotainment, navigation and instrument-cluster systems in the Tesla Model S, the first sedan built from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Built around the driver, the Model S is the premium sedan, evolved. Its infotainment system features a 17-inch touch-screen center console – the largest display ever in a car – providing vivid 3D graphics. In addition to its unrivaled graphics capability, the Tegra processor provides exceptional energy efficiency, a critically important feature for electric cars. One processor will be used to power the infotainment and navigation systems, and another for the instrument cluster.
    NVIDIA GPUs TO BE THE INFOTAINMENT CENTERPIECE ACROSS BMW’S NEXT-GENERATION OF CARS
    From the 7 Series to the Mini Cooper, NVIDIA Powers BMW State-of-the-Art Graphics,
    Enabling Focus on Safer, More Enjoyable Driving
    Las Vegas — CES 2011 ­— Jan. 4, 2011—BMW of North America and NVIDIA today announced a partnership that puts NVIDIA® GPUs in navigation and vehicle-information systems across all next-generation BMW cars worldwide.
    NVIDIA GPUs will power BMW’s in-car navigation systems to deliver vivid graphics with detailed terrain models, landmarks and a stunning new interface. NVIDIA processors will be found throughout BMW’s range of models, including the 7-Series, 5-Series, 3-Series, Mini Cooper line and X-Series of sports activity vehicles.
    BMW’s iDrive will feature high resolution visuals, real-time traffic reporting and navigation information. iDrive is the intelligent control concept that makes it intuitively simple to use a BMW’s in-car features. Its ability to clearly show the most relevant details and make anticipatory decisions to assist the driver will allow BMW owners to drive more safely and focus on the joy of driving.
    Highlights / Key Facts:
    · Powered by NVIDIA GPUs, the BMW iDrive system provides:
    o Visually rich, next-generation user interface
    o Advanced state-of-the-art graphics for navigation and vehicle-information systems
    o High resolution display (1280×600)
    o Fast user-interface response time
    · At CES 2011, see a sneak preview of the BMW 5-Series, showcasing the very latest graphics technologies at NVIDIA’s outdoor exhibit – Central Plaza booth # CP7.
    Quotes:
    · “A year ago we had a vision to deliver the most advanced intuitive state-of-the-art navigation system. In our quest for superior graphics performance, no one came close to what NVIDIA brings to the table. Our partnership represents the beginning of an exciting new phase for BMW drivers.”
    - Elmar Frickenstein, Executive Vice President Electrics/Electronics and Driving Experience Environment at BMW
    · “BMW has built their reputation on creating the ultimate driving experience. They are taking that to an entirely new level with NVIDIA GPUs.”
    - Dan Vivoli, Senior Vice President at NVIDIA
    Useful Links:
    BMW North America
    Welcome to NVIDIA - World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies
    Automotive
    About NVIDIA
    NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA
    ) awakened the world to the power of computer graphics when it invented the GPU in 1999. Since then, it has consistently set new standards in visual computing with breathtaking, interactive graphics available on devices ranging from tablets and portable media players to notebooks and workstations. NVIDIA’s expertise in programmable GPUs has led to breakthroughs in parallel processing which make supercomputing inexpensive and widely accessible. The Company holds more than 1,600 patents worldwide, including ones covering designs and insights that are essential to modern computing. For more information, see Welcome to NVIDIA - World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies.
    BMW Group In America
    BMW of North America, LLC has been present in the United States since 1975. Rolls-Royce Motor Cars NA, LLC began distributing vehicles in 2003. The BMW Group in the United States has grown to include marketing, sales, and financial service organizations for the BMW brand of motor vehicles, including motorcycles, the MINI brand, and the Rolls-Royce brand of Motor Cars; DesignworksUSA, a strategic design consultancy in California; a technology office in Silicon Valley and various other operations throughout the country. BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC in South Carolina is part of BMW Group’s global manufacturing network and is the exclusive manufacturing plant for all X5 and X3 Sports Activity Vehicles and X6 Sports Activity Coupes. The BMW Group sales organization is represented in the U.S. through networks of 338 BMW passenger car centers, 336 BMW Sports Activity Vehicle centers, 143 BMW motorcycle retailers, 100 MINI passenger car dealers, and 31 Rolls-Royce Motor Car dealers. BMW (US) Holding Corp., the BMW Group’s sales headquarters for North America, is located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.
    ###
    Tesla Motors’ Model S to Feature NVIDIA Tegra Processors
    Power-Stingy Tegra to Run All-Electric Sedan’s Infotainment, Navigation, Instrument-Cluster Systems
    Las Vegas — CES 2011 ­— Jan. 4, 2011—NVIDIA announced today that NVIDIA® Tegra™ processors will power the infotainment, navigation and instrument-cluster systems in the Tesla Model S, the first sedan built from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Built around the driver, the Model S is the premium sedan, evolved. Its infotainment system features a 17-inch touch-screen center console – the largest display ever in a car – providing vivid 3D graphics.
    In addition to its unrivaled graphics capability, the Tegra processor provides exceptional energy efficiency, a critically important feature for electric cars. One processor will be used to power the infotainment and navigation systems, and another for the instrument cluster.
    The infotainment and navigation systems feature:
    17-inch high resolution display, the largest display ever in a car
    Responsive touchscreen with a fully intuitive user interface
    Connected navigation with live traffic, points of interest and weather
    Touchscreen-based climate-control system
    The all-digital instrument cluster features:
    Ultra high-resolution, driver-friendly 12.3” LCD display
    Advanced 3D graphics providing data about the vehicle
    CES 2011 attendees will be able to view the Model S outside the Las Vegas Convention Center in the Central Plaza, booth # CP7.
    Visit NVIDIA’s booth in South Hall 3, booth # 31431 to learn about how NVIDIA is working with Tesla Motors to bring visual computing to tomorrow’s cars.
    Quotes:
    · “Model S is designed for performance-oriented efficiency. NVIDIA allows us to use the highest graphics with the lowest energy use.”
    - JB Straubel, chief technology officer at Tesla Motors
    “The Model S is a modern marvel – a blend of beauty, performance and efficiency. Tegra’s combination of graphics power and energy efficiency make it a perfect match for the Model S.”
    - Dan Vivoli, senior vice president at NVIDIA
    About Tegra
    NVIDIA Tegra is the world’s first mobile superchip, with eight dedicated computing cores. These include the ARM Cortex-A9 CPU, the world’s only ultra-low power NVIDIA GeForce® GPU and the world’s first mobile 1080p HD video processor.
    These features enable it to offer extremely realistic 3D graphics and advanced multimedia functionality and premium-quality accelerated user interfaces. Its auto-grade version has undergone specific testing for the automotive market and passed the industry-standard AEC-100 qualification for reliability, adhering to certain operating temperature ranges. It also offers a complete toolset for engineers to quickly build visually-appealing user interfaces.

6. Izanhut

Izanhut Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    M50B20-GA16DE
    La GPU es un procesador de graficos, de tarjetas graficas por ejemplo. Y claro que Nvidia hace procesadores, por cierto de los mejores. Osea, que ahora los coches van a llevar consolas que lleven graficos con GPU propia??? Que pasada... Espero que lleve un pequeño HD, un lector DVD y unos cuantos puertos USB para hechar unos vicios al counter...

7. Dani_330Cabrio

Dani_330Cabrio Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    W11/PB/W11
    la gpu es el chip de la gráfica hasta donde yo se ;)

8. McClane

McClane Moderador Informática Moderador Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    2 E30, 1 E39
    Pero qué dices, chaval, no tienes ni idea. Eso es la CPU y la CPU solo va montada en algunas gráficas!! En otros casos van montadas en los discos duros!! Además, los gráficos son las letras cuando carga MSDOS y cuando metes un disco en el ordenador lo metes en el disco duro, porque el aparato es de chapa. ¿Y quién gestiona los gráficos? Pues la fuente de alimentación, quién va a ser... :descojon: :descojon: :descojon: :descojon: :finga:

Pues es muuuuuy interesante esta noticia, sobre todo la pantalla y el juego que podrá dar, pudiendo (me imagino) ocultar la música para mostrar el mapa o si no hay nada, hacer más grande el panel de música con más controles y todo eso... Me gusta, sí. :yes: ;-)

9. tnp69

tnp69 Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Passat B8 Sport
    Todo lo que sea mejorar bienvenido sea.

10. Izanhut

Izanhut Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    M50B20-GA16DE
    Me cagüen el McClane... Siempre fastidiantome mis teorias... :ar::ar::ar: :descojon::descojon:

La verdad es que una pantalla con esas caracteristicas dara mucho juego, sin duda.

11. juDDen

juDDen Baneado Baneado

Me Gusta:
    también va a ser super comodo controlar eso en marcha, ya tenemos problemas para poner 4 calles mal puestas en el gps en marcha... para meterte con eso!!

Un segundo que me suena el reloj, Si? Sí Kit, ven a buscarme, a las 20:00. Un beso

12. KADETT GSI

KADETT GSI Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Ni que lo digas, pareced la cabina de un avion.

13. Tóloyen

Tóloyen Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Así, si te quedas parado en un atasco, te pones el Gran Turismo 5 de la play 3 y te lo pasas de p*ta madre (el volante ya lo tienes, jeje).

14. Gus

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    i3/Z3/MiniE/X1
  15. pau535d

pau535d Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    M5&335i
    seria perfecto, y por cierto los pedales también los tienes:descojon::descojon:

16. ENRI-57

ENRI-57 Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Por encima del nivel del mar, de momento.
    Modelo:
    Ex E46, 718

Pues yo creo que el chaval tiene razón.
    GPU es "graphics processing unit" o unidad procesadora de graficos
    CPU es "central processing unit" o unidad central de proceso.

17. monio

monio Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Volvo S60 D5
    Da igual,para que.......si luego llega un p*to Leon Fr TDI de los coj*nes con repro y te pasa como si estas parado......Avion dice......me cagoennnnn

18. Dariobarcelona

Dariobarcelona Forista

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    335iR/astraJ
    hombre esta de cachondeo, no creeras las burradas que mcclane acaba de decir :descojon:

saludos

19. Gavira

Gavira Tr3s españoles, cu4tro opiniones. Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    CX5 2.5i AWD ⚡
    Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club
    Pero eso si quieres ya los tienes por USB, "ya lo podrías tener" en tu barcaza, :flip:

20. PEASO MASQUINA

PEASO MASQUINA Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Lo que si en posible, ya hay algunas, son las pantallas led flexibles con posibilidad de gestión tactil y movimiento de archivos entre dispositivos.

Me refiero a que empezaremos a ver más habitualmente que ahora, que solo se utilizan en el cuadro de instrumentos actualmente en modelos de lujo, desde el cuadro de instrumentos a el resto de controles del coche en este formato sobre el salpicadero, con la posibilidad de integración total en una sola pieza y multiples configuraciones de entorno (tipo fondos pantalla del movil) y con la apariencia de los controles que mejor nos convenga, incluso de configurarlo en minimalista o con todos los controles a la vista (tipo Apple Iphone, Samsung Galaxy, etc... ).

21. erchechuuu

erchechuuu Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    parece una tontá pero mantiene el navi original y toa la pesca :descojon:

en serio, al final del vídeo se ve mejor 8-[

22. leij

leij Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Nissan Xtrail
    Esto iba a comentar yo, le dejan un huequecillo al salpicadero en formato vertical y se mete una tablet de 10" et voilà.

El problema de la iPad es que no tiene puertos USB donde enchufar después la cafetera y el microondas :descojon::descojon::descojon:

23. Alon Ferreira

Alon Ferreira Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
  24. Una idea excelente,me gusta "que te cagas".
    Un panel de velocidad digital de esos le quedaría chapó a mi coche.

25. NaRaNjiToO

NaRaNjiToO Forista

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    E36 Cabrio
    jajaja +1 con eso puedes cobrar entrada como si fuera 1 cine...pedazo de pantalla:descojon:

26. McClane

McClane Moderador Informática Moderador Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    2 E30, 1 E39
    Veo que no has cogido la broma. biggrin

27. mikel.guti

mikel.guti Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    130i
    nvidia si hace ordenadores....yo tengo uno y x cierto es la caña!! jajaja
    saludos

28. MARCO ESPAÑA

MARCO ESPAÑA Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    E46 320 COMPACT

jajajajajja

29. Ideca

Ideca

Me Gusta:
    A mi esto me parece cojonudo. Pero, ¿para cuando un simple termómetro de aceite?.

30. George M-Power

George M-Power Forista

Me Gusta:
    Con eso te distraes fijo, que cosa mas rara

Compartir esta página