Fotos Porsche Taycan 4S, Turbo/S, Cross Turismo

Tema en 'Foro General BMW' iniciado por cybermad, 6 Mar 2018.

1. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Vuelvo a la carga con el tema, como dije en mi primer comentario, es el Model S el que entra en modo cagalera a las 3 lanzadas, no el Model 3 que no es competencia del Taycan.
    Pues ahora resulta que entra en modo cagalera después de una lanzada, como afirma este vídeo a partir del minuto 5 :whistle:

Última edición: 6 Sep 2019
  2. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Se ve que a Musk le ha picado más que una guindilla, ahora quiere mandar un Tesla S al ring para quitar el tiempo al Taycan, aunque en Porsche son muy listos y han puesto el record de berlina de 4 puertas... el Model S tiene 5 biggrin

Elon Musk Is Sending A Tesla Model S To The Nurburgring – Should The Porsche Taycan Worry?
    SEPTEMBER 6, 2019 35

Shortly after the official reveal of the Porsche Taycan, Elon Musk reacted to the news by questioning the German carmaker’s decision to call its electric car “Turbo”, while announcing that he will send a Tesla Model S to the Nurburgring in an attempt to beat the record lap time of the Taycan.

As usual, Tesla’s founder made both his comment and the announcement using his Twitter account, without providing further information about this upcoming visit on the Nurburgring.

Porsche’s decision to call the two fastest versions of the Taycan ‘Turbo’ has drawn criticism from a portion of the media and public, due to the lack of actual turbocharging and an ICE powertrain.

[​IMG]
    Elon Musk

✔@elonmusk

Um @Porsche, this word Turbo does not mean what you think it does

9:35 PM - Sep 5, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

14.6K people are talking about this

However, Porsche has indeed been using the ‘Turbo’ badge to simply signify the faster iterations of its models – including the 911, Macan, Cayenne and Panamera – despite the fact that almost its entire lineup is using turbocharged powertrains.

Whether you feel like Porsche’s choice of words is poor or not, the new Taycan is arguably one of the most impressive new cars of the year and one of the most important in the history of the German brand.

The range-topping Porsche Taycan Turbo S offers up to 750 HP (761 PS) and 774 lb-ft (1,050 Nm) of torque from its electric powertrain, making it capable of hitting 60 mph (96 km/h) in 2.6 seconds, with 0-124 mph (200km/h) possible in 10.6 seconds.

Energy is provided by a 93.4 kWh battery pack, allowing for a driving range of 256 miles (412 km) on the WLTP cycle. Perhaps more importantly, the new Taycan makes use of a 800-volt architecture – a first in the EV world – which allows it to hit its performance numbers with much greater consistency.

[​IMG]
    Elon Musk

✔@elonmusk

Model S on Nürburgring next week

1:19 AM - Sep 6, 2019

7,614 people are talking about this

Thanks to its ability to retain a consistent performance, the Taycan managed to lap the Nurburgring in an impressive 7 minutes and 42 seconds and apparently Tesla isn’t going to leave this challenge unanswered.

It will certainly be interesting to see how are they going to tackle a full, flat-out lap of the 12.9-mile track, since the Model S reportedly has a tendency to overheat and go into reduced power mode when driven on even a normal-sized track.

A antuan le gusta esto.
  3. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Si lo hay Turbo, también puede haber un Taycan GT2 :devil:

[​IMG]

4. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Después de presentar ayer el Taycan, Porsche anuncia hoy que sube del 10% que tenía en Rimac al 15.5% :whistle:

Por si no os acordáis de quién son esta gente, aquí ya puse cuando Porsche invirtió en ellos hace un año:
    https://www.bmwfaq.org/threads/rima...cept-two-1-940-cv.898115/page-6#post-17347699

PRESS RELEASE
    Porsche increases stake in Rimac to 15.5 percent
    Stuttgart/Zagreb. Porsche has increased its stake in technology and sports car company Rimac Automobili to 15.5 percent. In June 2018, the Stuttgart-based sports car manufacturer purchased a 10 percent stake in Rimac. Porsche is now strengthening the established partnership. The Croatian company develops and produces electromobility components and also produces electrically powered super sports cars in-house. Porsche initiated a development partnership with Rimac against the back-drop of its electric mobility campaign.

“Porsche has been supporting Rimac and its positive development for a year now,” explains Lutz Meschke, Deputy Chairman of the Executive Board at Porsche AG and Member of the Executive Board responsible for Finance and IT. “We quickly realized that Porsche and Rimac can learn a lot from each other. We believe in what Mate Rimac and his company have to offer, which is why we have now increased our stake and intend to intensify our collaboration in the field of battery technology.”

Founder Mate Rimac (31) started developing his vision of a fast, electrically powered sports car in a garage in 2009. Rimac unveiled his most recent electric car, the C Two, at the Geneva International Motor Show in March 2018. The two-seater vehicle generates almost 2,000 PS and reaches a top speed of 412 kilometers per hour. It boasts a range of 650 kilometers (NEDC) and can recharge 80 percent of its full battery capacity within half an hour thanks to a 250 kW fast-charging system. The company also develops and produces high-performance electric drives and battery systems.

“Gaining Porsche as a stakeholder was one of the most important milestones in our history. The fact that Porsche is now increasing its stake is the best form of confirmation for our collaboration and represents the foundation for an even closer relationship,” Managing Director Mate Rimac explains. “We are only at the start of our partnership – yet we have already met our high expectations. We have many collaborative ideas that we aim to bring to life in the future. The fundamental focus is creating a win-win situation for both partners and offering our end customers added value by developing exciting, electrified models.”

The rapidly growing company based in Zagreb employs a workforce of around 550. Rimac focusses on battery technology within the high-voltage segment, electric powertrains and developing digital interfaces between humans and machines (HMI). The company also develops and produces electric bikes. This strand of the business was established in 2013 in the form of the sister company Greyp Bikes.

A Gus le gusta esto.
  5. SP_Kenny

SP_Kenny Forista Legendario Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Leon ST FR 1.8
    Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club
    El Olivetti 486 que había en casa en los 90 (la de horas de vicio que gasté con el Wolf3d, The prince of persia, The lost Vikings...), tenía botón turbo.

Paradójicamente (esto es lo que decía mi padre), el turbo servía para reducir la frecuencia del procesador por temas de compatibilidad.

A Gus le gusta esto.
  6. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Estos son accesorios OEM de Porsche para el Taycan :chulo:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
  8. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
  9. 392C

392C Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    320I E92
    Le podrían haber puesto el apellido boost o boosted, que significa prácticamente lo mismo, pero no parece tan evidente o engañoso

Última edición: 7 Sep 2019
    A Gus y M-Power les gusta esto.
  10. nosolo320d

nosolo320d Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    E46, E91, MX-5
    Detrás de esa palabra debe haber habido cientos de horas de reuniones de diversos responsables del proyecto. Acertado o no su uso, ha sido completamente intencionado y se deben haber contemplado todas las opciones habidas y por haber.

A Gus le gusta esto.
  11. Nanouk

Nanouk Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    En este video que has puesto, en el minuto 8 y 13 segundos, se ven los bajos del coche y se aprecian dos cables enchufados al coche. ¿Sería este Taycan una "maqueta" que necesitaba de energía externa para tener sus mecanismos y luces operativas?

[​IMG]

A Gus le gusta esto.
  12. Nanouk

Nanouk Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    La pregunta que me hago es: A nivel universitario no hay problema porque este y otros proyectos surgen del esfuerzo conjunto desde diferentes disciplinas, que la empresa organiza en departamentos: informática, ingeniería, etc., pero, ¿qué pasa con los que quieren abordar este tipo de productos desde el sector del mantenimiento y la reparación? ¿Existe algún ciclo formativo que esté dirigido a este nuevo tipo de producto? O mejor dicho, ¿el dirigido a la automoción se está actualizado? ¿Es demasiado pronto para saber si esto es una moda pasajera?

Imagina alguien que se quiere dedicar a la mecánica de vehículos de transporte particular, vamos, mecánico de taller, ¿verá su temario como insuficiente y pensará que tarde o temprano tendrá que afrontar una conversión del sector, lo que implicará una formación permanente e irrenunciable?

Por ejemplo, familias de formación profesional existentes y sus ciclos formativos correspondientes, que creo están relacionados con el tema del vehículo eléctrico (a falta de mirar la normativa que las regulan):

Electricidad y electrónica: mantenimiento electrónico, sistemas electrónicos y automatizados
    Transporte y mantenimiento de vehículos: automoción

A Gus, gorka y MiniFER les gusta esto.
  13. 392C

392C Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    320I E92
    Pues tendrán que ampliar el temario, al menos mientras convivan ambos tipos de motores, que será como mínimo unos 100 años.
    De todas maneras un mecánico debe tener formación continua, pero no ahora, sino desde que existe el automóvil
    ¿ O es que los mecánicos de finales del siglo XIX necesitaban los conocimientos de los de 2019?

A Gus, Nanouk y MiniFER les gusta esto.
  14. MiniFER

MiniFER Vicepresidente Ejecutivo Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Lockheed SR-71
    Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club
    El tema es que para manipular en el taller un coche con baterías (EV, HEV o PHEV) hace falta una formación, más bien orientada a la seguridad que a la reparación en sí. La formación específica no es para nada compleja comparada con la necesaria actualmente, que ya lleva mucha carga eléctrica/electrónica.

A la hora de la verdad (por ahora) en el taller se trata como un “bloque único” a la batería y con los motores también dudo mucho que se lleguen a “destripar” en el servicio posventa.
    Otro tema es el control electrónico de todo el conjunto, ahí es donde ya hace falta más teclado y software que herramientas y aceite por decirlo llanamente.

En España, la formación es bastante deficiente en el sector de la automoción, es absurdo que haya empresas del sector que tengan problemas para contratar personal, mientras las cifras de paro son apabullantes. Algo no cuadra y es la formación, claramente.

Lo que yo suelo ver es que a los mecánicos de toda la vida se les da formación en coche eléctrico y adelante.
    Por ahora el porcentaje de eléctricos es bajo y no da dolores de cabeza aún.

Al menos es lo que he visto esta misma semana en los servicios para la gama i de BMW.
    Otro tema es Tesla, que suerte tiene de que los eléctricos dan menos problemas, porque cuando los tienes el servicio en general es de verdadera pena.

A Gus, Nanouk y Llorens les gusta esto.
  15. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Imagino que al ser la presentación y estar el día entero parado y "posando" para todos los medios que enseñaban como se encendían las luces, el motor, el cuadro digital y tal... estaba enchufado como los coches que hay en los escaparates de los conces con las luces de día encendidas durante todos los días para llamar la atención ;)

A Gus, gorka y Nanouk les gusta esto.
  16. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Los coches eléctricos, y sobre todo Porsche y Tesla, no van a pisar talleres de barrio excepto para cambiar ruedas, bombillas y poco más, para cualquier problema de motor y baterías solo van a ir al conce oficial, en garantía sin coste (en teoría) pero luego a precio oficial por hora :ANAL:, negocio redondo biggrin

A Nanouk y nosolo320d les gusta esto.
  17. nosolo320d

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    E46, E91, MX-5
    Al principio así será. Los talleres de barrio serán como los plateros o broncistas, quedarán tres en España y para de contar.

A Gus le gusta esto.
  18. M-Power

M-Power Forista

Me Gusta:
    La semana que viene va a ser interesante como el model S haga un tiempo competitivo en Nurburgring :popcorn:

A Gus le gusta esto.
  19. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Pues lo de Musk mandando el Tesla S a Nurburgring va a ser otra frikada de Elon, ya han dicho en el Nordschleife que no les han hecho ninguna reserva y tienen toda la temporada completa reservada, además de que nunca han estado en el ring y es muy dificil hacer una vuelta rápida como la de Porsche que tiene muchísima experiencia en Nurburgring, así que van a tener que hacerlo en una tanda de turistas con tráfico, así tienen excusa si no baten el tiempo del Taycan :LOL:

If Tesla's Planning a Nurburgring Lap, They Forgot to Tell the Nurburgring

Yesterday, Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted "Model S on Nürburgring next week." But Nurburgring organizers say the automaker hasn't contacted them, and that there probably isn't any lap time available for them.

BY CHRIS PERKINS
    SEP 6, 2019
    [​IMG]
    TESLA
    Last night, Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted that the automaker would be doing something at the Nürburgring next week with a Model S. He didn't offer any further explanation of his plans or what he hopes to achieve, but it's fair to assume he wants to contest the 7:42 'Ring lap time achieved by Porsche's new electric car, the Taycan Turbo S. But if Tesla wants to set a record next week, it's still got lots of work to do—including scheduling track time with the folks who operate the Nürburgring.

[​IMG]
    Elon Musk

✔@elonmusk

Model S on Nürburgring next week

1:19 AM - Sep 6, 2019

8,946 people are talking about this

A representative for the German track told Road & Track in an email that "Tesla did not send us a record request and did not rent an exclusive time slot." The representative further said that the Nordschleife is "fully booked through the season," and added, "I think that there is no availability for Tesla to set up a record attempt in the next days."

R&T asked a Tesla spokesperson for more information on what Musk was referring to, or what the automaker has planned for its visit to the Nürburgring, but we received no response by the time of this writing.

A Nürburgring insider tells R&T that Tesla has a car leaving California today headed for the German track. When asked if Tesla could get exclusive track time, the insider said that was highly unlikely this late in the 'Ring testing season—manufacturer track time is usually scheduled far in advance. "Tesla doesn't have a presence there," the source told us, "so I'm not sure if they actually know that."

Even if Tesla secures exclusive track time to make a timed lap attempt, it won't be easy to beat the Porsche Taycan's lap time. While the fastest Model S's 2.4-second 0-60 time beats the Taycan Turbo S's 2.6, the greatest challenge in taking an EV around the treacherous 13-mile track has to do with battery life and temperature.

[​IMG]
    The Porsche Taycan at the Nurburgring.
    PORSCHE

And even if you have a great car, setting a quick time isn't a given. The weather has to be just right, tires have to be properly warmed, and the driver has to know every little nuance of the track. Just ask longtime Corvette engineer Jim Mero, or the guys behind the independent Viper ACR lap record attempt, how difficult it can be.

Porsche has tons of experience setting fast Nürburgring lap times, and a huge asset in the form of factory racer Lars Kern. The Model S Performance is a quick car, but Tesla has no prior experience attempting to lap the Nürburgring. It's hard to imagine the automaker could go out and beat Porsche on its first visit to the track. That doesn't mean it isn't possible, just that it's a huge undertaking. And none of that will be possible if Tesla can't secure exclusive track time.
    https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu...del-s-nurburgring-lap-attempt-porsche-taycan/

20. nosolo320d

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    E46, E91, MX-5
    Se rumorea que podría ser Rosberg el que intentara batir el récord.

A Gus le gusta esto.
  21. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Así ganará más visitas a su vlog biggrin

22. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Empieza la producción el lunes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Punctual start of production for the Porsche Taycan
    Stuttgart. After a construction period of less than 48 months, Porsche is opening a new production facility for its first all-electric sports car at its Zuffenhausen site. “The new plant reflects the brand's tradition and sends out a clear signal about the future of Porsche,” says Albrecht Reimold, Member of the Executive Board for Production and Logistics at Porsche AG. “It was a deliberate decision to build the Taycan in Zuffenhausen – the home of the brand’s heart and soul.”

Production of the first customer vehicles will begin as scheduled on 9 September 2019. Assembly will take place in a “factory of the future” – flexible, networked and using 4.0 production technology. It is a further step towards the “Zero Impact Factory” with no negative environmental impact: production of the Porsche Taycan with zero-emission powertrain at the Zuffenhausen site will be CO2-neutral. In addition to using electricity from renewable sources and biogas to generate heat, the new production buildings are designed to be extremely energy-efficient. Further examples are the electrically powered logistics vehicles, the use of waste heat in the paint shop, the greening of roof areas and a continuous and holistic approach to other potential resource savings.

The construction project included several individual subprojects, each itself with considerable scope. The result was a body shop, a paint shop, a plant for the production of electric motors and components, a vehicle assembly hall and the connecting transport technology. A total of 35,000 tonnes of steel were used for the new production facility – as much as for 140,000 Coupé bodies of the 991 generation of the 911 model line. The total area of the buildings amounts to 170,000 square metres.

Start of construction at the end of 2015

The positive response to the motor show presentation of the Mission E concept car in September 2015 marked the start of the largest construction project since the Zuffenhausen plant was first established. In the same year, the ground-breaking ceremony was held for the new body shop, where the high-strength yet lightweight bodies for the Taycan and the current eighth generation of the 911 will be built. In May 2016, old buildings gave way to create space for the new paint shop and the multi-storey assembly building. “There were several sustainability requirements imposed by the city of Stuttgart,” says Jürgen King, Head of Central Building, Environmental and Energy Management at Porsche, “and Porsche extended these. For example, we processed the material from the demolished halls on site and reused it for the new buildings.”

Preparation of the construction work alone required 21 individual preliminary projects and more than 5,000 employee relocations. This also included the excavation pit for the multi-storey assembly building located on a slope: since its height is limited to 38 metres so as not to impair the flow of fresh air to Stuttgart city centre from the north, the pit is 25 metres deep. 240,000 cubic meters of earth were moved for this purpose.

A new factory inside a factory

“We’ve built a factory inside a factory – in the middle of the city and close to our neighbours, in the most confined of spaces, in the shortest possible time and without disrupting the existing sports car production facility running at full capacity. Now the factory has been completed on schedule and without any major setbacks,” says Albrecht Reimold. “This was possible due to meticulous planning and an excellent team.” A total of 130 companies and suppliers were part of that team. One of the logistical masterpieces was coordinating the construction site traffic without impairing the significant regular flow at the plant. “Close dialogue with our neighbours was also crucial,” says Reimold. “We kept them fully up-to-date on developments throughout the entire course of the project.”

Some more figures: 10,000 construction site passes were issued, 530 construction site containers and three kilometres of site fencing were erected, and 35 kilometres of site power cables were laid, including power for the 1,000 linear luminaires distributed throughout the construction sites. Four kilometres of new road were also built within the plant.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. smash

smash Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    E34&M30B35
    viendo esto, pienso que de aquí 30 años vamos a flipar con lo que encontraremos en desguaces.

24. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
  25. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Muy bonito en rojo :devil:

26. Gus

Gus Tali-bahn Administrador Coordinador

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    i3/Z3/MiniE/X1

Bueno llamar "tiempo del model S" a eso (vias, frenos, suspensión ,carrocería, motor ni siquiera en producción en serie) es como llamar "tiempo del Huracan" al del Supertrofeo...

A *NANO* le gusta esto.
  27. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Aún así, quiere intentar hacer el record de 7 asientos que tiene el Skoda Kodiaq RS en 9:28 con Sabine Schmitz al volante, es un poco más facil que los 7:42 del Taycan :LOL:

Model S At The Nürburgring Has 7 Seats, Laguna Seca Record Revealed

Does that mean Tesla is targeting the record for the fastest production car with seven seats at the 'Ring?
    We’ve been keeping a close eye on Elon Musk’s Twitter page to see if Tesla’s head honcho uploads that video of a Model S setting a new record at Laguna Seca. It’s not there, but the company’s official Twitter account has shared the video, revealing the car – a Model S prototype with the “Plaid powertrain” – completed the lap in 1 minute and 36.55 seconds, which is about a second quicker than the Jaguar XE SV Project 8 (1:37.54).

[​IMG]
    Tesla

✔@Tesla

*~ Some personal news ~*

We lapped Laguna Seca @WeatherTechRcwy in 1:36.555 during advanced R&D testing of our Model S Plaid powertrain and chassis prototype

(That’s a second faster than the record for a four-door sedan)

[​IMG]

3:08 AM - Sep 12, 2019

1,875 people are talking about this

While we were checking out Musk’s social media account, one new tweet caught our attention. The 48-year-old entrepreneur has made an interesting disclosure by saying that angry-looking Model S currently located at the Nürburgring has seven seats. We’ve already seen the car’s wider fender flares, performance tires, and trunk lid spoiler, but the tinted windows prevented us from checking out the rear-facing jump seats.

Elon Musk says the wild Model S carrying the “P100D+” badging has the optional third row, but what does that actually mean? Well, one could assume Tesla is trying to set a new record for the fastest seven-seat production car at the Nürburgring. That might arguably be highly specific, but so is the Skoda Kodiaq RS’ seven-seat SUV record at the Green Hell.

[​IMG]
    Elon Musk

✔@elonmusk

Model S at Nürburgring has 7 seats

8:12 AM - Sep 12, 2019

2,271 people are talking about this

Indeed, the meaner Model S would have to improve the time set by the Czech high-performance last year. Driven by none other than Sabine Schmitz, the twin-turbodiesel SUV lapped the Nordschleife in 9 minutes and 29.84 seconds. That’s a far cry from the 7:42 time achieved by the Porsche Taycan a.k.a. fastest four-door EV at the famous German track, but a record is a record.

It is believed Tesla will attempt to set some kind of record next week as a 30-minute time slot mysteriously opened at the Nürburgring on Saturday, September 21. Presumably, the car has the new "Plaid powertrain" featuring three electric motors instead of the usual two. It's coming for the Model S, Model X, and the second-generation Roadster, but not for the Model 3 or Model Y.

Are these record attempts getting a bit out of hand? Maybe, but we love it when automakers go toe-to-toe.

[​IMG]
    Elon Musk

✔@elonmusk

The only thing beyond Ludicrous is Plaid

3:42 AM - Sep 12, 2019

5,334 people are talking about this

Última edición: 12 Sep 2019
  28. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Ya empiezan a funcionar los primeros cargadores rápidos de Porsche, un Taycan que fué a la presentación en USA hizo la primera carga de 800V a 270 kW, cargó del 5% al 80% en 22,5 minutos :pompous:

PRESS RELEASE
    Electrify America's Open Network of Ultra-Fast DC Chargers: First to Charge An 800-Volt Electric Vehicle Battery at 270 Kilowatts

Reston, VA (September 9, 2019) – Electrify America, LLC and Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA) celebrated the first time the Electrify America DC fast charging network was used nearly to its full potential. On September 4, the day of the global launch event, a Porsche Taycan, with its 800-volt architecture, charged at Electrify America’s Bloomsburg, PA charging station. The vehicle charged at a maximum power level of 270 kilowatts, the fastest charging speed for passenger vehicles on the road today.

The vehicle, which drove approximately 250 miles directly from Niagara Falls, utilized Electrify America’s 350 kW chargers to obtain a 5 percent to 80 percent charge in just 22.5 minutes. The feat is significant as it demonstrates the growing capability of electric vehicles, as well as the inherent design of DC fast charging that Electrify America charging sites provide across the U.S.

“When Electrify America was formed, the idea of ultra-fast public charging was still very theoretical, and no 350 kW chargers were available to electric vehicle drivers,” said Giovanni Palazzo, chief executive officer, Electrify America. “Today we are proud to showcase our network’s diligent engineering capability through successful, real world 270 kW DC fast charging examples, finally making ultra-fast public charging a true reality.”

Extensive testing between Electrify America and PCNA helped ensure the Taycan had a successful first ever ultra-fast charge on the network. This effort is paving the way for the many additional electric vehicles – from a variety of automakers – that will be capable of DC fast charging to take advantage of the company’s expansive, high power nationwide network in the future.

29. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Hyundai y KIA también van a tener sus coches eléctricos con arquitectura de 800V para poder usar los cargadores rápidos de 350kW de la red europea de cargadores Ionity, participada por BMW, Daimler, Ford y VAG, todavía no han dicho cuantos millones han metido.
    Move Over Taycan, 800 Volt Charging System Coming To Hyundai And Kia EVs In 2021
    BY MICHAEL GAUTHIER | POSTED ONSEPTEMBER 12, 2019 7

One of the more interesting features about the 2020 Porsche Taycan is its 800 volt charging system. It enabled the electric vehicle to laugh in the face of range anxiety as a prototype was able to travel 2,128.1 miles (3,424.8 km) in just 24 hours.

While the Taycan Turbo starts at $150,900, it’s 800 volt technology will soon be available on more mainstream electric vehicles. This will happen pretty soon as Hyundai and Kia announced that starting in 2021, their electric vehicles will be equipped with an 800 volt architecture that can accommodate a charging rate of up to 350 kilowatts.

In order to maximize the potential of these upcoming electric vehicles, Hyundai and Kia have invested in Ionity which is a European charging joint venture founded by BMW, Daimler, Ford and the Volkswagen Group. The companies declined to say how much money they are pouring into the firm, but revealed the investment will help to increase the availability of charging stations in Europe as well as allow their future electric vehicles to “accommodate Ionity’s maximum charging power of 350 kilowatts.”

[​IMG]

Ionity currently has around 140 charging stations in Europe and more than 50 others already under construction. The plan is to have 400 fast-charging stations open by 2020 with at least one located every 75 miles (120 km) along major European highways.

There’s no word on which Hyundai and Kia vehicles will be the first to feature 800 volt technology, but the companies noted their recent partnership with Rimac which is designed to spearhead the development of high-performance EVs. Rumors have suggested this partnership could help to spawn a production version of the well-received Genesis Essentia concept.

Regardless, Hyundai and Kia have plans for an assortment of new plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles. The companies were coy on specifics, but confirmed they will have “44 eco-friendly models by 2025.”

[​IMG]

30. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Ahora que todos dicen que el Taycan es el Tesla killer, este dice que más bien va a ser un Porsche killer :whistle:

Compartir esta página